Sign in to follow this  
JJonth Cheeky Monkey

Bis fix the pistols

1st thing the TT-33 was out of Russian service in the 50s, made in the 30s and was replaced by the Makerov

Glock 17 holds 17 in mag

CZ75 holds 15

92f holds 15

Skorpion fires at 15 rounds per second not per minute

sights only accurate to 200m, aim for the body at 50, you hit them in the head, which is a good thing really

But the pistols are still ace overall biggrin.gif

I should have remembered that because i have an airsoft M9 sad.gif .

You could say that the M16 should be called the M16a2, or the XM177e2 has the wrong flash suppressor, it looks like a Colt Commando or an M16A2 commando, but it cant be because it fires the old 5.56 ammo, not the SS109 and why do they call the MP5SD6 the HK, HK what, i wont go through the list of HK guns, but now they have the G3 and the G36, they should have named it correctly. Why do the AKs a have burst fire mode, why can you only carry 3 grenades for the M203 or GP-6 or whatever you call it, Ive seen Grenadiers vests that hold at least 20. Rates of fire are mostly all wrong, recoil is as if its a 6 year old kid holding the gun, apart from this the game kicks ass, never stopped playing since i got it which was in June 2001 i think

Errr... I don't think OFP cold war crisis was out in June 2001 yet confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ July 08 2002,02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Errr... I don't think OFP cold war crisis was out in June 2001 yet  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it was, June 22th

Yes, these are things which annoy me for quiet some time now. Furthermore I would like to see a more consistant damage system, based on the calibre a weapon uses. I simply can't understand why a 5.56 G36E kills ALWAYS in one chest shot, while a 7.62 M60 or G3A4 need up to 3-4 hits on the same location, sometimes. Anyways, it would really be great to see some more consistancy in terms of damage. Make a difference of the weapons more visible with rate of fire and accuracy, please.

As for the the pistol shooting in the head when aiming at the body, this is another thing which I can't really stand. Pistols can be abused as sniper weapons way to easy because of this. I would like to see shots hit the same distance below the crosshair instead of above. That way, the black shape of the pistol will cover the target after a certain range, making shooting over longer distances harder and forcing pistols into the role of sidearms.

Btw. why do these pistols fire Tracers...?

The belistics for Pistols is totelly off, because the maximum effective range for Pistols is usually 50 meters, but in OFP i've used them at 100 meters and above.

a 9mm Bullet would drop a third of a meter at 100meters if fired from a 4" barrel

That's enough thank you residuum smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beagle @ July 08 2002,01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw. why do these pistols fire Tracers...?

The belistics for Pistols is totelly off, because the maximum effective range for Pistols is usually 50 meters, but in OFP i've used them at 100 meters and above.

a 9mm Bullet would drop a third of a meter at 100meters if fired from a 4" barrel<span id='postcolor'>

Seems to me like 33cm per 100m is not much. About 1/6th of a persons height.... so at 600m if you aim at the head the round should hit the ground, not counting air resistance. smile.gif

Pistol problems don't bother me, what does bother me is that I don't personally know anyone who likes OFP as much as ppl in this forum do.

Not anymore... mad.gif My buddies can't stand the difficulty (err realism), I guess it's not relaxing.

OFP is so much better when you have a partner or two to play with for missions where you have to communicate well. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ July 07 2002,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Glock Seventeen holds seventeen rounds in a mag<span id='postcolor'>

No, the factory default magazine holds ten rounds. You can buy additional magazines. There is the common one which hold seventeen rounds and, if you don't mind having the magazine hanging down from the mag well (in short, not flush), a less common one that holds twenty or twenty one rounds. I forget.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ July 08 2002,17:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ July 07 2002,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Glock Seventeen holds seventeen rounds in a mag<span id='postcolor'>

No, the factory default magazine holds ten rounds.  You can buy additional magazines.  There is the common one which hold seventeen rounds and, if you don't mind having the magazine hanging down from the mag well (in short, not flush), a less common one that holds twenty or twenty one rounds.  I forget.<span id='postcolor'>

That's the American export version. Since it's illegal for new magazines to hold more than ten rounds, all new Glock 17 mags sent to America hold only ten rounds (except the ones for law enforcement). There are also magazines with 33 rounds too.

I can't understand people think this game is hard BECAUSE of the realism-- for me it's easier. In all other shooters, when you shoot someone they may not die because:

-The weapon modelling is off/arcadey.

.ie Springfield 1903 and M1 garand fire same round

but the Springfield does more dammage.

-The person has purchased more armor.

-etc.

At least in Flashpoint the object is too line up the target and take a high percentage shot and not to surprise somebody in a building and shoot them in the back.

When I play FP now I don't even have to die if I play it smart.

Ben

Completely uninteresting, but the T-55 tank requires 4 crew men, not 3 as it doesn't have an auto-loader for the main gun. Also, I didn't think the T-80 was around at the time of Resistance... (I may be wrong, I just read this somewhere)

residuum you are becoming most tiresome, carry on and your posting rights will go and this time it won't be a misunderstanding.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GreyKnight @ July 08 2002,20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Completely uninteresting, but the T-55 tank requires 4 crew men, not 3 as it doesn't have an auto-loader for the main gun.  Also, I didn't think the T-80 was around at the time of Resistance...  (I may be wrong, I just read this somewhere)<span id='postcolor'>

WHO CARES!

that would be an interesting role for the player, wouldn't it, loading the gun, oh the fun in that! the M1 doesn't have an autoloader, hell if you play as the gunner theres even an empty seat next to you where the loader should be, the M60 doesn't either. Its only the T72 and the T80 who have an autoloader in real life, also if you had a four man crew then you would only be able to have 3 tanks in a group not 4

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">19. When moving around with an tank platoon there is often the case that one of your tanks gets shot down leaving a few of the crew injured but alive. In such cases the whole movement speed of the platoon is crippled as the infantry moves very slow and if injured mostly can only crawl. I would suggest to give all of the MBTs another spare seat inside. This seat could simply be the position of the loader which most tanks lack as a crew member anyways in op:fp. I'm not suggesting to give the tanks 4 crew members by default as this would most likely screw up a lot of missions where the max. squadlimit would be exceeded. Just allow personal to use this spare seats (1 per tank) as a "ride in back" option.

<span id='postcolor'>

Still, the problem remains with AI only tank platoons.

As the AI orders crew and passengers to mount other empty seats of squad controlled vehicles, adding that spare 'ride in back' seat, would sort this out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ July 08 2002,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beagle @ July 08 2002,01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw. why do these pistols fire Tracers...?

a 9mm Bullet would drop a third of a meter at 100meters if fired from a 4" barrel<span id='postcolor'>

Seems to me like 33cm per 100m is not much.  About 1/6th of a persons height.... so at 600m if you aim at the head the round should hit the ground, not counting air resistance. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like it is time to review basic ballistics, or at least the law of gravity.

In any event, even if a pistol round was useful at long ranges, the sights on a handgun would prevent effective aiming, because you would have to aim so high above the target that the barrel would complete obscure the desired point of impact.

When you think about it, the ballistics for a pistol is completely irrelevant.

BIS should add shaking to the aiming of all pistols. That's the best way to make the pistols behave reallisticly smile.gif

oh and fix the mag-capacitys

doubly-oh and fix the sounds smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ July 11 2002,01:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS should add shaking to the aiming of all pistols.<span id='postcolor'>

They have that already don't they? I'm sure I noticed my hands shaking and thought perhaps I was injured but on switching to a rifle my hands were still, it didn't shake a huge amount but it was noticable smile.gif