Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Icaruk

Very very VERY strange problem.

Recommended Posts

My mission is called "assault.Altis.pbo" located here:

...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

But when I get a error...

http://i.imgur.com/YdsleZ0.jpg (618 kB)

It says something about a Altis Life mission (__CUR_MP.altis)! Of course my units doesn't exist there!

It works nice on local, this problem is on dedicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That simply looks like a script error. Can you post the script mentioned in the error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That simply looks like a script error. Can you post the script mentioned in the error?

You have a PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEVER put waitUntil in the init.sqf :)

It will probably not solve your problem but it will improve you mission.

And I have a question about line 47:

waitUntil {!isnull tio1 && tio1 == tio1 && !isnull tio2 && tio2 == tio2 && !isnull tio3 && tio3 == tio3 && !isnull tio4 && tio4 == tio4 && !isnull tio5 && tio5 == tio5};

What the hack are you trying to achieve with that line? It does not make sense to me. But you are the one that made it probably so maybe you could shed me some light?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tio1 = guy1

First I create 5 guys, then I add a eventHandler (with "if (isServer)") to them. The problem was that sometimes it take too long to create them and the eventhandler could not find the units, so I used this, to make it wait until the units exists to add the eventHandlers.

Now, I'm experiencing the same problem, but with the name of another mission. It's like the mission were reading another init.sqf and not the one that is inside the mission I'm playing.

It just happens on dedicated.

Edited by Icaruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes no sense.:

tio1 == tio1

Here is an "easier" way to write the whole thing:

waitUntil { sleep 1; ({ isNil _x } count ["tio1","tio2","tio3","tio4","tio5"]) < 1 }

Ok actually that is a bit more advanced, but it is much easier to edit and less prone for mistakes.

Edited by Tajin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I can see, tio1, tio2 etc... are variable names, not strings... so, why must they go into quotes?

The problem here is that Arma is reading the init.sqf from another mission and not from the one Icaruk is testing... that's the real problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad, I mixed up isNull and isNil.

"isNil" is more suitable and unlike "isNull", it requires the variablename to be in quotes.

There is no "real" problem. It's always better to fix the apparent problems first. Besides, a "waitUntil" in the init could very well lead to some unexpected behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As I can see, tio1, tio2 etc... are variable names, not strings... so, why must they go into quotes?

The problem here is that Arma is reading the init.sqf from another mission and not from the one Icaruk is testing... that's the real problem.

Ah, looks like I confused isNil and is null along with Tajin... Never mind, sorry.

Are you sure this code is not present in your current mission?

Edited by DarkWanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The code is on my mission. But it seems that it reads the init from another folder (that doesn't exist because I've deleted it lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might add that your init.sqf was called init.sqf.txt when I opened it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

;););););););)

The code is on my mission. But it seems that it reads the init from another folder (that doesn't exist because I've deleted it lol).

that is not possible ;-) Check your files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Darkwanderer is seeing a txt. file then you should double check that Extension for known file types is unchecked in folder options as something seems odd.

I would have expected the Icon to be a txt icon if that was the case though.

Are you using any displayeventhandlers I find I have to reload the mission if I make any changes to force it to use updated scripts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If Darkwanderer is seeing a txt. file then you should double check that Extension for known file types is unchecked in folder options as something seems odd.

I would have expected the Icon to be a txt icon if that was the case though.

Are you using any displayeventhandlers I find I have to reload the mission if I make any changes to force it to use updated scripts.

Doublechecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

__CUR_MP is the default name of .pbo'ed missions in MP. Back in the days, giving them a name in the advanced intel section solved this - no longer, it seems.

Anyway, nothing to worry about: the scripts are correctly accessed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I'll keep posting if the problem persists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×