Sign in to follow this  
Apocalypse 83

Apocalypse83's Release Thread

Just some basic re textures for the BMP, BMP2, T55, T72, T80 and Shilka in desert camo. I originally made these vehicles to be used with Kenoxite's WW4 Extended, but he implored me to release a standalone version for anyone who is interested. So here they are.

http://ge.tt/4RATFup1/v/0

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Desert Mi-17 HIP and Mi-24 Hind

http://ge.tt/6S3uPGt1/v/0

Thank you. :) I have a problem with the T-55 (a driver in the stowed position). Version of the game - 1.99. Standard Model T-55 (RES) is normally.

Screen: bag1.jpg

Sorry about that, I used the wrong config. It should be fixed now. The T55, BMP and T72 should also be available for the Resistance now. Enjoy.

And thanks to Kenoxite for helping me with the configuration. I'm still a bit inexperienced in these matters.

Edited by Apocalypse 83
Removed old link

Ohayou.

What about retexture to desert camo this greats addons?

preview.png preview.png preview.png

And add them to an already made vehicles?

preview.png preview.png

What about retexture to desert camo this greats addons?

Apoc (and anyone willing to retexture these addons) would need approvals from original authors. I can see there vehicles by Spetsnaz Mod, Marfy, ORCS, RHS and AKM74/Vit. Only AKM and RHS guys are still around. So, until Apoc will start sending gazillions of PMs and mails, let him practice on BI stuff! ;)

BTW: There's already desert BRDM-2, though it's DMA version based on Offtime's model. Also RHS team made desert variants of their T-55.

krzychuzokecia wasn't clear enough?

OK, I'll repeat the main message: PERMISSIONS. Something that it happens to be heavily enforced around here.

But that's not the main reason for him to release this.

He retextured those vehicles because he needed them for himself first and foremost, for a campaign he is working on. Later he thought it'd be a nice addition for EXT, to which I agreed. And finally he decided to release a non-addon dependent version for those who want to use them separatedly (admittedly, after my suggestion).

Not only that, but he releases all this under the most generous and flexible license available.

So, if you really want those vehicles retextured I invite you to stop whining and do it yourself. Good luck with the permission requests.

Maybe I was not quite accurate. Question: are you satisfied with the current models and textures?

The thing is that I would be ashamed to use this addon in my missions. Admit that it is quite acceptable for multiplayer, but absolutely not suitable for a single. IMHO.

OK, you're just trolling now.

Edited by kenoxite
Removed the harsher remarks. This thread doesn't need that.

@FOXlauncher:

Am I satisfied with current Apoc's models and textures? Completely - such pack should be available here for a few years, unfortunately Marfy's work wasn't finished and released. So Apoc is filling that huge gap, which is even bigger with the advent of Sanctuary's WW4 mod and it's Extension by Kenoxite. And, when I'll be back to mission-making, I probably will use Apoc's pack.

I can understand Your worries about "low fidelity" of retextured BIS models, but that's what WW4 is for - models as low-poly as it can be, to save as many frames as they could be saved in big, script-packed SP missions, or huge MP battlefields. Performance is the key. Unfortunately, with OFP engine, beautiful addons from RHS and the like start to lag a lot. But if You prefer content quality over playing quality, it's all good. Just don't expect other people making retextures of addons when they don't have authors permissions.

@Keno:

Hey, no need for harsh words, we don't want having You banned! :) Fox doesn't like this addon and it's his right.

Sorry, krzy, but I just don't have patience for bullshit.

Things like this:

"are you satisfied with the current models and textures?

The thing is that I would be ashamed to use this addon in my missions"

This guys isn't "in his right to express his opinion". He's just shitting over the work of other people and questioning my own judgement if that wasn't enough.

All your replies addressing his... opinions... are adequate, I think. As are mine.

And, don't forget that this is Apoc's first submission to this community. I remember how this community "welcomed" me when I first arrived. With indifference and a "infraction". TBH, since then I cared little about moderation around here. I now regret suggesting him to release this on his own. Very few around here deserve a single sweat to be drop for them.

Maybe I was not quite accurate. Question: are you satisfied with the current models and textures?

The thing is that I would be ashamed to use this addon in my missions. Admit that it is quite acceptable for multiplayer, but absolutely not suitable for a single. IMHO.

Ashamed ? Come on, i hope you're struggling with your English :icon_ohmygod:

Edited by ProfTournesol

Thanks for the support, guys. I'm glad there are some people out there who are grateful, you can't please everyone. Like it says in the description, these just basic edits (or recolors) of the original BIS textures. So on that note, I'd say they look pretty decent. If anyone wants to try their hand at doing it themselves, like I did, I'd be happy to see an improvement on these.

@all please calm down, no need to be aggressive nor throw accusations at one another.

Thanks

I've completely changed the colour scheme to be more deserty, (made up word) and less intense yellow, in order for the tanks to blend in better with the vehicles from Sanctuary's WW4 2.5 and Kenoxite's WW4 EXTENDED Mods. I originally created these vehicles for my own mission making purposes, and to be eventually added to the next patch for WW4 EXTENDED, but here are the stand alone versions for anyone who is interested. The BMP 2 and T80 have also been added to the roster. The BMP, T55, T72 and T80 are also available for the Resistance, as well as East.

Check the original post for the link, and let battle commence!

Well done. Keep up the work and to improve their skills. :):thumbsup:

Nice, correct me if I'm wrong, AFAIK there is such pack already.

@ Sapper - Thanks. And I've seen some of your work, pretty good stuff, with very high quality models and textures. I'd like to work on on building models for the Arma series myself, maybe in the future.

@ Sundayev - Yes, there is a pack by Select This, I believe. It's called STT East Desert Armor. But all the bloody vehicles had STT before their name, and there was also no T-55 for the EAST side, and no tanks for the RESISTANCE. And on top of that, in my humble opinion, they weren't of a high enough quality for my personal liking, and looked liked they had been rushed. Which is why I made them in the first place. I'm working on a large scale tank battle called Cavalry Charge on 73 Eastings, and believe you me, the terrain on that island really does my vehicles justice, with absolutely no (or hardly any) major performance hit.

I hope this answers your question, and thanks for showing interest.

Edited by Apocalypse 83
head ache

Holy crap, awesome! My uncle was involved in that battle during Desert Storm - can't wait to see your vehicles in that large scale action, my good sir!

Wow, I had no idea. I feel slightly embarrassed now. When I first got into Flashpoint, I always wanted to build a massive ground invasion battle, mainly with tanks, but with artillery, air and infantry support. At first, I was thinking WW2, but then I thought Desert Storm would be the ideal scenario. I'm trying to look into some scripts at the moment, to try and make it more dynamic. Helicopters in OFP\CWA are very unpredictable, and I'm having a bit of a struggle with them.

So thanks for the encouragement, and I hope you found that information I sent you useful.

Is it possible for you make other eastern vehicles in desert scheme ?

I was also planning the UAZ, URAL, Mi17 and Mi24, seeing as I'll need these particular vehicles myself at some point. I don't know when I'll be able do them, but I'll always upload anything I complete.

That would definitely be nice to see. :D This kind of addon was much needed, in my opinion. 73 Eastings, DMA Libya, and Afghanistan. I've also considered using them with Lost Brothers mod on Sinai. Woodland/Jungle environments are nice and all, but ya gotta have desert. Not sure why, but desert battles have always intrigued me the most for some odd reason.

Yeah, the environment and terrain can be alot more harsh and unforgiving, and can act as an enemy itself, that's what I find intriguing. But I suppose all different environments have their advantages and dangers. Another great desert island is Arabia 2 (Beta). One of those islands that was never finished, and abandoned. But it's worth having a look at, if you haven't already.

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Arabia_Island;71467