reserve

Nature Sounds-from Xam Enviroment for ArmA3

First: all credits belong to Snake2200 the author of the big and excellent XAM1.06b-modifikation for ArmA1.

you can download the hole addon for ArmA1 here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1756

-this mod is not from me, it is only a part of the Xam1.06b-mod from Snake2200

-I have only edited the mod a little bit (logic,sound balancing)that it works with ArmA3.

Thanks to kju for pushing me into the right direction and also to (Snake2200 wherever he is)!

-This addon gives you:

-excellent nature ambient-sounds

-churchbells with different distances

-different windsounds on hills ..etc.

-mornigbirds (excellent for europe)

-at night wulfs, owls ..beware ..sometimes scary !

-on the field sparrows, larks, robins..etc.

-multiplayer not tested

-no bi-signs included and i am not able to create some

-first shot error included ! ...and not yet repairable for me

Installation:

-note: CBA is needed for this.

1.copy "@xam_environment.pbo" to your ArmA3 root directoy

2.edit your shortcut for ArmA3 or use a Launcher you like to start.

ps:enjoy it or leave it...

for me me its a musthave...

at least the file

http://www.file-upload.net/download-9091901/Xam.rar.html

Edited by Reserve

Thx dude, i´ve installed it and it sounds great, even the small things like the ringing churchbell which rings synchronous to the gametime. Fantastic :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** you might be happy to know snake officially approved this port, I took the liberty to contact him before adding this to Armaholic ;)

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Foxhound thanks ....and

@@ Snake2200 thanks and hope you come back to ArmA3 sometime.

Edited by Reserve

Is this compatible with other sound mods, or does this one have to be run on its own.

Is this compatible with other sound mods, or does this one have to be run on its own.

compatible, i run JSRS and it

I have also tried this with JSRS and SOS sound mods...and it's a fantastic experience!!

Reserve, thanks you for your great work.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@xam_a3.png

@ Reserve;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

dont mind me i just like takin apart mods to see what makes them tick. I noticed that in the config you have MAN shouldn't that be CAManBase. so that this is not executed on all the "Man" class which i do believe includes the wildlife.

IE:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers

{

class CAManBase

class Extended_Fired_EventHandlers

{

class CAManBase

I could be wrong here someone chime in and correct me if im wrong I just want to help optimize..

Edit::

I forgot to add that This is a really GREAT addon to the game! Thanks to Snake2200 for the original work and the nod! And Thanks to Reserve for the Port!

Edited by Lordprimate

@Lordprimate

Thanks for trying to optimize but i have only edited the mod minor to work with ArmA3.

Not to much fiddling in respect to Snake2200...

i think its as it is enjoyable...otherwise you have the skillllll....

Love this mod, though I do get a few errors, mainly bird scare when shooting a weapon in the forest. I can post up some screens of the error if you're still working on this? If not I can try my hand at a fix though not confident haha 

Hi everyone, I used to play with this mod on ArmA 3 for years now, but I never had the idea to have a closer look on it. As I work on various modding projects and progressing in my learning of the "deep-ArmA", I wanted to know more about this small mod. So one or two mouse clics later, and I realize that the whole mod is made of SQS scripts. This syntax still works in A3 but is absolutely deprecated ! It would be great if I could take it and bring it close to what we can do with modern SQF scripting. I saw in the Foxhound's message the following line :

On 20/06/2014 at 6:20 PM, foxhound said:

** you might be happy to know snake officially approved this port, I took the liberty to contact him before adding this to Armaholic ;)

But I can't find any disclaimer anywhere, and nothing about licensing and things like that.

Is there any way to contact both the original author and Reserve to ask them the permission to work on it ?

36 minutes ago, Cheitan said:

Is there any way to contact both the original author and Reserve to ask them the permission to work on it ?

I spoke with Reserve regarding permission to work on this mod over a year ago, as he was not the original author he advised me to try and contact Snake.....Foxhound supplied me with contact information for Snake, but sadly I never received any reply to my enquiry.

• Like 1

Such a bad new, I dug a bit into the mod, and even if all is to be done from scratch as there is no way to keep the old scripts, the general operation is pretty simple. Translating it into the modern scripting era should be easy. What is the general status of a mod with no disclaimer ? And do we have any informations concerning the origin of the sounds ? Did Snake recorded it himself, or are these sounds free samples ? It's a very good addon to ArmA 3 today, as the soundscape is sometimes very poor, especially when at night or in a windy environnement. Bringing it back to the community would be great. Snake, where are you ? :'(