pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

Sometimes it's useful to discuss updates to the Arma 3 Tools Development branch in one centralized place. Let's use this thread for that. The changelog thread can stay clean and do its thing. It mainly serves for our team to rapidly see if an update is very broken or very epic.

• Dev-Branch is not final software; content and technology is subject to change and may still contain errors/ lack certain features.
  • Dev-Branch may have special profiling tools enabled which, ironically, impact performance while being used to profile performance issues.
  • Next to that there is the real possibility that any new feature / fix temporarily affects performance in an unintended manner.

Actual issue reporting should still happen via the Feedback Tracker of course. Thank you!

Edited by DnA

After typing all this, I delete it. I'm having problems with addonbuilder. Everytime I try it I get a different result. But I finally got a good result. If I figure out what happened I'll re post.

But maybe you can clarify for me.

The source directory and the destination. That is what I want pbo'd and where to put it right? When they were different, it didn't work. when they were the same it did.

Last time it worked, when both were the same, the pbo was put into the folder I wanted pbo'd. Today, the settings the same, it put the pbo in the folder that had the folder to be pbo'd. if that makes sense..

Edited by Victim9l3

When start a binarizing process, down where need to stay Binarizing ... insteand of that everytime stay Ready.

Also Addon Builder still chech every folder in P drive instead just folder that is packed.

We are experiencing some issues in the Steam back-end related to publishing items from Publisher (they don't show a preview image and the size is claimed to be 0.000 MB). This is something to do with Publisher being part of a different Steam application (Arma 3 Tools) and it publishing to Arma 3's Workshop. While we test different configurations, Publisher may not be able to publish add-ons temporarily.

We are experiencing some issues in the Steam back-end related to publishing items from Publisher (they don't show a preview image and the size is claimed to be 0.000 MB). This is something to do with Publisher being part of a different Steam application (Arma 3 Tools) and it publishing to Arma 3's Workshop. While we test different configurations, Publisher may not be able to publish add-ons temporarily.

Does that also apply to publishing missions from the in-game editor ?

Does that also apply to publishing missions from the in-game editor ?

Now both should work properly. But yes, when we introduced the publishing of add-ons, the preview images for scenarios got broken.

The Addonbuilder said, "Build failed, Result Code = 1", when I want to pack my Project folder!

2014-07-14 14:58:39,316 [ERROR] 4: AddonBuilder.Tasks.ProcessBuildTask.StartProcess - [standardError]=Include file P:\biw_lrx\attachments\basicdefines_A3.hpp not found.
Error reading binary file 'P:\biw_lrx\attachments\config.cpp'

2014-07-14 14:58:39,317 [ERROR] 4: AddonBuilder.Tasks.CfgConvertTask.ExecuteImpl - CfgConvert returned error. Canceling... [result]=1
2014-07-14 14:58:39,317 [DEBUG] 4: AddonBuilder.Tasks.BuildTask`1.Execute - Task end
2014-07-14 14:58:39,318 [iNFO] 4: AddonBuilder.Builder.Run - Build failed
2014-07-14 14:58:39,322 [DEBUG] 1: AddonBuilder.MainWindow._worker_RunWorkerCompleted - Build finished. [ResultCode]=1
2014-07-14 15:01:31,290 [DEBUG] 1: AddonBuilder.MainWindow._worker_RunWorkerCompleted - 

2014-07-14 15:01:31,291 [iNFO] 1: AddonBuilder.MainWindow._worker_RunWorkerCompleted - 

2014-07-14 15:01:31,293 [iNFO] 1: AddonBuilder.MainWindow._worker_RunWorkerCompleted - Ready

Line one of log :)

P:\biw_lrx\attachments\basicdefines_A3.hpp not found.

Hi there!

I'm having troubles getting a campaign upload via Publisher to work. The "Campaign" tag is set, the upload is working and when I subscribe to it the workshop downloads the correct .PBO into my steam userdata. However, there is no entry in the Campaigns dialog in-game. The .PBO is working when placed manually into "Arma 3\Campaigns". The workshop entry is set to hidden right now. Please let me know if you want to try it to reproduce the error, then I'll make it public and post the link here.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. All set tags are: Singleplayer, Infantry, Vehicles, Air, Water, Persistent, Campaign, Stratis and Altis.

Hi there!

I'm having troubles getting a campaign upload via Publisher to work. The "Campaign" tag is set, the upload is working and when I subscribe to it the workshop downloads the correct .PBO into my steam userdata. However, there is no entry in the Campaigns dialog in-game. The .PBO is working when placed manually into "Arma 3\Campaigns". The workshop entry is set to hidden right now. Please let me know if you want to try it to reproduce the error, then I'll make it public and post the link here.

Hi there.

Currently, displaying user content with a tag Campaign in the Campaign menu is not working. Please, add a tag Scenario to display it in the Scenarios dialog until we make it work.

Thanks for the fast response!

But isn't scenarios just for single missions? My WIP campaign already contains 15 missions. It's not urgent to publish it on steam as I mainly distribute it via Dropbox / Armaholic.

I'll do some tests anyway, thanks!

But isn't scenarios just for single missions?

You are right, it is. The readily available solution is to publish each scenario separately (with a tag scenario) and link them together in Workshop as a collection, to get it to your players now.

Once the campiagn tag starts filtering content to the campaign dialog, you might want to republish the collection as a single campaign.

I am sorry for the confusion. Tags campaign and mod were introduced in preparation for mods in workshop and to label coherent collections on steam. The functionality of tag filtering in-game is catching up to that.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the heads-up, no need to test then. My campaign structure does not allow to publish it as collection because it's semi-ordered and I move crucial data between missions via saveVar. It's a hub-based system like your East Wind campaign, thus I have to maintain the campaign structure and environment. Otherwise it will cause tons of errors. (One time, I've accidently exported one of the campaign missions to scenarios and it caused a nice CTD when I opened the scenario menu...)

So, patience it is! :)

How are you configuring the campaign? You've mentioned \Arma 3\Campaigns, which I assume means your campaign is not a traditional add-on, but a campaign PBO. If you can try to set it up as an add-on with CfgPatches and CfgMissions, it should work on Workshop and be listed as campaign (it's how the official campaigns work). The other type of PBO might get supported later via Gekon and his team :)

Edited by DnA

Yes, it's a good old campaign PBO with a campaign description.ext. Frankly, I have no idea (yet) how addons / mods are implemented. And if Gekon and his guys are working on it I can wait. Since the campaign is a project for MANW I only need to have the workshop support by Octobre to be able to meet the submission deadline. As I said, I mainly use once-click-hosters or the great people at Armaholic to distribute my project to the community. And if you guys decide to not support campaign PBOs until then I can still familiarise myself with the addon structure and easily adapt my project to it. :)

It's still in the Alpha phase, so there's a long way ahead. But thanks for the useful intel anyway!

Okay saving transparent textures with Object Builder renders them non-transparent. Yes I'm saving them under Transparent but when I use say... "u100\data\texturex.paa" it's non-transparent, but when I do "P:\u100\data\texturex.paa" it shows transparent. Something I'm missing?

Also some .rtms work when "OFP2Manskeleton" is put in front of the anim location (A3 or custom, etc.) and when not. not sure if this is a binarization issue or not, but some anims need the "OFP2ManSkeleton" or I'll get the Alien (3D geometry looking like The Thing) effect.

This usually happens with the old A2 anims work with the OFP2ManSkeleton in front, and custom anims need it removed, but don't actually work.

You using the model.cfg from the Arma 3 Tools sample models?

Try using ManSkeleton instead of OFP2_ManSkeleton. e.g.

handanim[]={"ManSkeleton","\pathToAnimation.rtm"}

There is no reference to "OFP2_ManSkeleton" in the new model.cfg

Let me know if it works - I've been trying to help someone else out with a project that's had similar handanim problems, and your post just got the gears turning in my brain :)

Edited by da12thMonkey

Also some .rtms work when "OFP2Manskeleton" is put in front of the anim location (A3 or custom, etc.) and when not. not sure if this is a binarization issue or not, but some anims need the "OFP2ManSkeleton" or I'll get the Alien (3D geometry looking like The Thing) effect.

This usually happens with the old A2 anims work with the OFP2ManSkeleton in front, and custom anims need it removed, but don't actually work.

Yeah, the new tools got a lot of bugs.

I still using old arma 2 2.5 tools for packing and binarizing.

Yeah, the new tools got a lot of bugs.

I still using old arma 2 2.5 tools for packing and binarizing.

Why not Mikero tools ? These are 100% working, has no bugs and are easy to use when learn. :)

You using the model.cfg from the Arma 3 Tools sample models?

Try using ManSkeleton instead of OFP2_ManSkeleton. e.g.

handanim[]={"ManSkeleton","\pathToAnimation.rtm"}

There is no reference to "OFP2_ManSkeleton" in the new model.cfg

Let me know if it works - I've been trying to help someone else out with a project that's had similar handanim problems, and your post just got the gears turning in my brain :)

I am get error No Entry 'bin\config.bin.CfgSkeletons'

Do .rtm need to be in list of files to copy directly or it need to be binarized?

Also, using model.cfg form a3 samples

Model.cfg is in same folder with animatiom file.

class CfgSkeletons
{
class ManSkeleton
{
	isDiscrete = 0;
	skeletonInherit = "";
	skeletonBones[] =
	{
		"Pelvis","",
		"Spine","Pelvis",
		"Spine1","Spine",
		"Spine2","Spine1",
		"Spine3","Spine2",
		"Camera","Pelvis",
		"weapon","Spine1",
		"launcher","Spine1",
		//Head skeleton in hierarchy
		"neck","Spine3",
		"neck1","neck",
		"head","neck1",
		//New facial features
		"Face_Hub","head",
		"Face_Jawbone","Face_Hub",
		"Face_Jowl","Face_Jawbone",
		"Face_chopRight","Face_Jawbone",
		"Face_chopLeft","Face_Jawbone",
		"Face_LipLowerMiddle","Face_Jawbone",
		"Face_LipLowerLeft","Face_Jawbone",
		"Face_LipLowerRight","Face_Jawbone",
		"Face_Chin","Face_Jawbone",
		"Face_Tongue","Face_Jawbone",
		"Face_CornerRight","Face_Hub",
		"Face_CheekSideRight","Face_CornerRight",
		"Face_CornerLeft","Face_Hub",
		"Face_CheekSideLeft","Face_CornerLeft",
		"Face_CheekFrontRight","Face_Hub",
		"Face_CheekFrontLeft","Face_Hub",
		"Face_CheekUpperRight","Face_Hub",
		"Face_CheekUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
		"Face_LipUpperMiddle","Face_Hub",
		"Face_LipUpperRight","Face_Hub",
		"Face_LipUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
		"Face_NostrilRight","Face_Hub",
		"Face_NostrilLeft","Face_Hub",
		"Face_Forehead","Face_Hub",
		"Face_BrowFrontRight","Face_Forehead",
		"Face_BrowFrontLeft","Face_Forehead",
		"Face_BrowMiddle","Face_Forehead",
		"Face_BrowSideRight","Face_Forehead",
		"Face_BrowSideLeft","Face_Forehead",
		"Face_Eyelids","Face_Hub",
		"Face_EyelidUpperRight","Face_Hub",
		"Face_EyelidUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
		"Face_EyelidLowerRight","Face_Hub",
		"Face_EyelidLowerLeft","Face_Hub",
		"EyeLeft","Face_Hub",
		"EyeRight","Face_Hub",			
		//Left upper side
		"LeftShoulder","Spine3",
		"LeftArm","LeftShoulder",
		"LeftArmRoll","LeftArm",
		"LeftForeArm","LeftArmRoll",
		"LeftForeArmRoll","LeftForeArm",
		"LeftHand","LeftForeArmRoll",
		"LeftHandRing","LeftHand",
		"LeftHandRing1","LeftHandRing",
		"LeftHandRing2","LeftHandRing1",
		"LeftHandRing3","LeftHandRing2",
		"LeftHandPinky1","LeftHandRing",
		"LeftHandPinky2","LeftHandPinky1",
		"LeftHandPinky3","LeftHandPinky2",
		"LeftHandMiddle1","LeftHand",
		"LeftHandMiddle2","LeftHandMiddle1",
		"LeftHandMiddle3","LeftHandMiddle2",
		"LeftHandIndex1","LeftHand",
		"LeftHandIndex2","LeftHandIndex1",
		"LeftHandIndex3","LeftHandIndex2",
		"LeftHandThumb1","LeftHand",
		"LeftHandThumb2","LeftHandThumb1",
		"LeftHandThumb3","LeftHandThumb2",
		//Right upper side
		"RightShoulder","Spine3",
		"RightArm","RightShoulder",
		"RightArmRoll","RightArm",
		"RightForeArm","RightArmRoll",
		"RightForeArmRoll","RightForeArm",
		"RightHand","RightForeArmRoll",
		"RightHandRing","RightHand",
		"RightHandRing1","RightHandRing",
		"RightHandRing2","RightHandRing1",
		"RightHandRing3","RightHandRing2",
		"RightHandPinky1","RightHandRing",
		"RightHandPinky2","RightHandPinky1",
		"RightHandPinky3","RightHandPinky2",
		"RightHandMiddle1","RightHand",
		"RightHandMiddle2","RightHandMiddle1",
		"RightHandMiddle3","RightHandMiddle2",
		"RightHandIndex1","RightHand",
		"RightHandIndex2","RightHandIndex1",
		"RightHandIndex3","RightHandIndex2",
		"RightHandThumb1","RightHand",
		"RightHandThumb2","RightHandThumb1",
		"RightHandThumb3","RightHandThumb2",
		//Left lower side
		"LeftUpLeg","Pelvis",
		"LeftUpLegRoll","LeftUpLeg",
		"LeftLeg","LeftUpLegRoll",
		"LeftLegRoll","LeftLeg",
		"LeftFoot","LeftLegRoll",
		"LeftToeBase","LeftFoot",
		//Right lower side
		"RightUpLeg","Pelvis",
		"RightUpLegRoll","RightUpLeg",
		"RightLeg","RightUpLegRoll",
		"RightLegRoll","RightLeg",
		"RightFoot","RightLegRoll",
		"RightToeBase","RightFoot"
	};
	// location of pivot points (local axes) for hierarchical animation
	pivotsModel="Samples_F\TemplateRTM\ManSkeleton_Pivots.p3d";
};
};

class CfgModels
{
class Default
{
	sectionsInherit="";
	sections[] = {};
	skeletonName = "";
};
class ArmaMan: Default
{
	htMin = 60;         // Minimum half-cooling time (in seconds)
	htMax = 1800;       // Maximum half-cooling time (in seconds)
	afMax = 30;         // Maximum temperature in case the model is alive (in celsius)
	mfMax = 0;          // Maximum temperature when the model is moving (in celsius)
	mFact = 1;          // Metabolism factor - number from interval <0, 1> (0 - metabolism has no influence, 1 - metabolism has full influence (no other temperature source will be considered)).
	tBody = 37;  		// Metabolism temperature of the model (in celsius)

sections[] =
	{
		"osobnost","Head_Injury","Body_Injury","l_leg_injury","l_arm_injury","r_arm_injury","r_leg_injury","injury_body", "injury_legs", "injury_hands",
		"clan","clan_sign","Camo","CamoB","Camo1","Camo2","personality","hl", "injury_head","insignia"
	};
	skeletonName = "ManSkeleton";
};
class bust: ArmaMan {};
class Male: ArmaMan {};
class MaleSkeleton_Pivots: ArmaMan {};
};

Do .rtm need to be in list of files to copy directly or it need to be binarized?

Personally I always had *.rtm in the list of files to copy directly back in Arma 2 and have never bothered binarising them. it worked fine back then but I've not made any handanims for Arma 3 myself yet, so I can't tell you for definite to simply put *.rtm in there and everything will be hunky-dory.

Synide suggested that this was the way to get them to binarise back in Arma 2 (i.e. without *.rtm in the "list of files..."):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?87052-Hand-Animations&p=1448341&viewfull=1#post1448341

He also suggested another method before that: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?87052-Hand-Animations&p=1447690&viewfull=1#post1447690

I still reckon adding *.rtm to the "list of files..." would be less hassle, but see what works for you.

Now for some reason I everytime get this error.

No Entry 'bin\config.bin.CfgSkeletons'

EDIT:

Problem solved.

But still some hands problem with animation.

untitled.jpg

Edited by mladjaSRB

Yea, ardy told me the same.

I did notice that BIS supplied two model.cfg files for the human sample models one in the Samples_F\Test_Character_01 folder that contains 'OFP2_ManSkeleton', and the other in the Samples_F\TemplateRTM folder that contains 'ManSkeleton'. It's a bit confusing as to which one we're supposed to use, and what skeleton definition to make in the config.cpp.

I guess the 'OFP2_ManSkeleton' one is probably right after all, given that the Arma 3 configs make reference to it, so using the model.cfg from Samples_F\Test_Character_01, and ignoring the other one is the order of the day.

Still doesn't really cover why compiling newly built handanim .rtm files into a .pbo seems to be fucking them up for a few people though, when older ones work.

Edited by da12thMonkey