pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

@Tom_48_97 I just posted up in the Feedback tracker regarding Windows 10 'Fall Creators Update' issues with Object Builder's viewports. 

FB link - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127168

Video of issue:

Are you aware of this issue and if so is there an incoming fix for it?

@Tom_48_97 a little reminder :don13:

once you have recovered from the 1.78 and TacOps release efforts, please try to get the commented configs available again (and latest state preferably)

@Tom_48_97 It was suggested to ask you about the script to create the simpleObject class definitions - can you please share it with the community. Thank you!

Whenever Tanks DLC samples are released, please include the jungle camo (not green hex) in the Angara's template! It'd be so useful for people wanting to retexture it because that type of camo is really hard to make in something like photoshop.

• Like 1

@Tom_48_97 please dont forget about the commented configs in binarize\bin :icon17:

On 4/6/2018 at 12:58 PM, .kju said:

@Tom_48_97 please dont forget about the commented configs in binarize\bin :icon17:

The configs have released as part of the samples (Addons\Core), today. It may contain wrong values (updated by the game configs) and outdated comment.

• Thanks 1

Just tried x64 version and pbo project throws up this error

</prebinarised>
MakePbo x64UnicodeVersion 1.97, Dll 6.60 "rof_isles_of_cumbrae"
***Warning*** unknown mapinfotype 41
The remainder of the file has not been read

No Error(s)

@Tom_48_97 thank you!

and dont worry - the community appreciates rather more info even imperfect than none :scratchchin:

• Like 1

>***Warning*** unknown mapinfotype 41

this is one of three new icon types for the 2d map generated by binarise from information in the config.cpp. Ie not from a p3d's geolod map=.

minforestSquares, minRockSquares, minTownSquares

the 1st two have always existed but a new icon is generated in addition to the originals.

Naturally, and of course, the free version of Mikero's dos tools have no idea what they are. However, that code is future proofed in so far as detecting these unknown values are warnings, not errors. I have no plans to release a new set of free tools until a showstopper happens.

@Tom_48_97 is there any progress update on the Object Viewer viewports issue mentioned previously?
This issue has been with us since November-ish last year and is pretty frustrating to work with, any progress updates on it even if seemingly minimal would be great thanks

Reposting FB tracker link for ease: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127168

• Thanks 1

On 10.3.2018 at 6:59 PM, Night515 said:

Whenever Tanks DLC samples are released, please include the jungle camo (not green hex) in the Angara's template! It'd be so useful for people wanting to retexture it because that type of camo is really hard to make in something like photoshop.

Tank DLC samples would be very much appreciated! :wink_o:

• Like 1

Is it possible to have the Dynamic Magazines setup on the Sample MX? I read the tutorial but I need a hands on approach to getting the Dynamic magazines to work properly on my gats. I figure since it's becoming more prevalent maybe do that so we can fumble with it please>

On 7/15/2014 at 4:28 PM, DnA said:

How are you configuring the campaign? You've mentioned \Arma 3\Campaigns, which I assume means your campaign is not a traditional add-on, but a campaign PBO. If you can try to set it up as an add-on with CfgPatches and CfgMissions, it should work on Workshop and be listed as campaign (it's how the official campaigns work). The other type of PBO might get supported later via Gekon and his team :)