pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

Also speaking of new collimator shader, can you please make some examples with that? i would like to use the new shader and the lens shadow thing too

+ can you show us all the model.cfgs of the new DLC weapons - some guys would like to use the new animations on their custom weapons as well

Never mind my stupidity, both fuel pod and bench templates are available on dev branch. Cheers!

I'm sorry for the confusion, I was just checking if the data is properly in place :icon_evil: But I'm glad You like it, it should hit the main branch tomorrow.

The current binarization available with Arma 3 Tools is "the old one". The new Binarize is not yet ready to be released but it looks like it's a matter of time :cool:

Thanks for the reply mate.

Good to know for sure before I blindly attempted to do it, and save me pulling any hairs out when it doesn't work. :D

Thanks for the reply mate.

Good to know for sure before I blindly attempted to do it, and save me pulling any hairs out when it doesn't work. :D

No need to pull the hair, we plan to add both documentation and samples to provide enough material for Your splendid corrections (which I am thankful for) by the time we put that binarization into public :icon_twisted:

The current binarization available with Arma 3 Tools is "the old one". The new Binarize is not yet ready to be released but it looks like it's a matter of time

Srry, but i have ro say it. Plz make binarize understand the new p3d format and old A2 in binariced format to solve the issues and workarounds(thanks to mikero) needed to binarice islands correctly.

when are we going to get some info on what is being worked on for terrain builder? IMO it would be nice to see some tools for editing the config from within the UI of terrainbuilder or even buldozer... hell even if we just get more bug fixes like working EMF export it would be nice

Would be possible to add Hiddenselections feature to all proxy attachments? which would safe some file size (less p3Ds) , time and easy way to retexture those attachments

Edited by RobertHammer

Publisher is simply not uploading anything. I follow the instructions to fix the problem but it still won't publish successfully and now I can't publish anything on the Steam Workshop due to whatever what was broken and gives me errors. I'm not sure what the issue is but overall the new system is simply not working.

Okay I always get errors when trying to upload files, getting errors such as "some PBOs exist outside the mod folder" when the signature files and the PBO is IN the Addons folder where I believe it should be, I guess right? Anyway when I select bisigns it gives the same problem, Publisher recognizes it but won't upload, or when selecting the Addons folder again it says "yeah good job guy for selecting the right folder but shit is still wrong". So... how am I supposed to use a system that shouldn't require such juggling to get an addon uploaded?

Or am I just not doing something right?

Edited by EricJ

Publisher is simply not uploading anything. I follow the instructions to fix the problem but it still won't publish successfully and now I can't publish anything on the Steam Workshop due to whatever what was broken and gives me errors. I'm not sure what the issue is but overall the new system is simply not working.

Okay I always get errors when trying to upload files, getting errors such as "some PBOs exist outside the mod folder" when the signature files and the PBO is IN the Addons folder where I believe it should be, I guess right? Anyway when I select bisigns it gives the same problem, Publisher recognizes it but won't upload, or when selecting the Addons folder again it says "yeah good job guy for selecting the right folder but shit is still wrong". So... how am I supposed to use a system that shouldn't require such juggling to get an addon uploaded?

Or am I just not doing something right?

Can you detail what files/folders you added? (including the full paths)
We need a example of that new collimator sight technology also
You're right, on my task list :)

Can you detail what files/folders you added? (including the full paths)

Sure my @U100 has:

- Addons

- Keys

- Barret M468 source model

- 2 PDF files

- Mod image.paa

-.txt file detailing what the changes are...

Is it because I have that "extra" stuff it's saying no good through Publisher?

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

And a test run seemed to work, after clicking "Fix It" so... I guess that was the problem...

when are we going to get some info on what is being worked on for terrain builder? IMO it would be nice to see some tools for editing the config from within the UI of terrainbuilder or even buldozer... hell even if we just get more bug fixes like working EMF export it would be nice

I don't think we ever will. It's funny how all the devs manage to ignore questions about this part of the toolset.

I don't think we ever will. It's funny how all the devs manage to ignore questions about this part of the toolset.

It's not because we don't reply that we ignore your messages :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

And a test run seemed to work, after clicking "Fix It" so... I guess that was the problem...

Is your issue fixed? :confused:

I'm not trying to beef or flame, don't get me wrong but seeing how you replied to RobertHammer and EricJ while skipping the terrain ones made me want to say something and it apparently worked ;)

But in all seriousness, both Wantafanta and Richie have brought up issues that have been there for terrain makers from the beginning. I understand TB is a complicated piece of software but there hasn't even been as much as a heads-up like hey guys, we're aware of the issues you're having and we are looking into it or are planning to look into it as soon as we have the time (maybe after the expansion?).

Is your issue fixed? :confused:

No, what I did (bandwidth is why I didn't respond...) was I uploaded the "@U100" folder which had the Addons folder and the Keys folder, with the appropriate files in those folders (keys and pbos and bisign). Then I Fixed it and uploaded and then Publisher crashed when it finally uploaded the file, so I'll PM you the RPT files and maybe that'll help decode stuff...

And also could you provide a model.cfg example for an integral bipod (mounted as part of the weapon)? So far no luck with getting it to fold/unfold. The config is right but I'm missing something as far as model.cfg entries and setup... Again I may be just cornfused but it seems like a small thing that's preventing it from working.

I received your PM, unfortunately, Publisher's logs are missing, if you could send them to me :rolleyes:

Publisher stores its logs into "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3 Publisher\Logs\", there should be a log per day and crash files.

Regarding the location of the logs, this will be unified soon ;)

Edited by tom_48_97

Ahh okay I'll reupload it'll be in your PM in the morning my time... So willl get it to you when able.

I'm not trying to beef or flame, don't get me wrong but seeing how you replied to RobertHammer and EricJ while skipping the terrain ones made me want to say something and it apparently worked ;)

But in all seriousness, both Wantafanta and Richie have brought up issues that have been there for terrain makers from the beginning. I understand TB is a complicated piece of software but there hasn't even been as much as a heads-up like hey guys, we're aware of the issues you're having and we are looking into it or are planning to look into it as soon as we have the time (maybe after the expansion?).

We are effectively aware of these issues. It's obviously planned to go through the TB issues but like you said, it's a complex software and it takes a lot of time. I cannot announce any delay for now :(

We are effectively aware of these issues. It's obviously planned to go through the TB issues but like you said, it's a complex software and it takes a lot of time. I cannot announce any delay for now :(

Thank you, that's all I needed to know :) I guess it's not high priority and I can see why so we'll just have to be patient. Thanks again and I'll let you get back to other matters in this thread.

Good to go on Publisher now...

Okay for some reason it's not working anymore (Publisher)... it worked okay after that last update (which was correct) and later on it didn't work... but I've noticed that when it tells you "Even though you have an addons folder, it was not in the root directory.", so this is how I understand how it's supposed to work:

@Folder with Addons and Keys folder? Or what is the root directory that it refers to? I upload from a "Workshop Folder" that I prepack mods for upload so I tried it by putting the @ folder in the main A3 directory and still gave me the error, as well sa the "There are some files outside of the folder" which again no matter where I put it, gives me that error (including the P: drive). RPT logs are included as for some reason it's not uploading, as if I click "Fix It" it'll upload and it will finialize and say there was an error. If I "Continue", Publisher does the same thing, and crashes.

Updated RPT files sent via PM

Edited by EricJ

unrelated to the current Publisher discussion:

is there a way/chance to update the FBX SDK/plug-in in O2 so you can import selections sets (neither verts, edges and faces work at this moment). It's really not ok to import everything as individual objects when fbx can save selection sets. (the selection sets are not saved even for objects, not only for sub-objects/elements)