pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

Are there any news on the marked part? Any chance to see the support of campaign PBOs in the steam workshop soon? Thanks in advance!

Yes, any news on this? :)

I can't seem to launch my dev branch with Arma3GU.exe. I can update with the game updater and it says it's successful but the game launcher gives a blank error first with nothing in the box, then it tells me it can't find the path to the game updater.

Anyone got this problem also? Worked fine a week ago.

Edit: NVM, it's a known problem and you can find a fix right here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149411-How-to-change-Arma-3-branches-between-STABLE-amp-DEVELOPMENT-versions-STEAM-client&p=2772084&viewfull=1#post2772084

Edited by Kemeros

Addon Builder in it's latest dev branch build doesn't move p3d to pbo while using non p:\ drive thing (i.e. I'm using G:\Projekty\Arma3\ as path to project folder).

small example:

trying to binarize

G:\Projekty\Arma3\rhsafrf\addons\rhs_infantry

after binarization is completed:

binarized p3ds stays in

C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Local\Temp\Arma3\rhsafrf\addons\rhs_infantry

while rest of stuff is in

C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Local\Temp\rhsafrf\addons\rhs_infantry

as end result pbo is filed only with textures

path to temp folder:

C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Local\Temp\

when using p:\ drive binarization is going without major problems...

Not sure if its the new version of the dev branch tools or 1.32 but getting this error:

error3.jpg

Nevermind on that... when binarizing the tool takes FOREVER (still going after about fifteen minutes) compared to the build before that, when dealing with equivalent large files. I figure it would be something but its taking so long I almost forgot what I was doing. I know its more of a convenience thing but the tool didn't take as long binarizing as before this new latest update.

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Still binarizing...

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

Still binarizing...

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Okay I stopped the tool now, still not packed and binarized my PBO with the latest build. It also should be noted that Addon Builder seems to hang when non-binarizing p3ds. Or maybe I just got tired of waiting. Note all times the computer has been restarted after update, and starting to become an issue after the last update. It PBOs and binairizes small PBOs fine, its just the big ones take forever. And I will say even with a config being PBO'd it takes longer before the update, but not ridiculous like this.

Edited by EricJ

Addon Builder still not packing large PBOs, last test yesterday was three hours and still no worky.

After last update the Addon Builder is not working (for me at least) as it starts the binarizing procedure and stays at this state permanently without any result.

I've checked files integrity through Steam and found 1 file with problem ... but again after this file error was fixed (re-download) the same issue as described above still remaining.

Practically Addon Builder is useless now.

I've posted this in troubleshooting area here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186307-Addon-Builder-not-working-after-last-update ... lets hope for an immediate solution/action to this problem otherwise any modder project will be (at least) delayed and our time will spent for nothing.

Well for small PBOs it does the job fine, but for the large ones it seems to get hung up on the binarizing process, so not sure. Also I'm noticing now I have to reset the path for the .privatekey in the Options section, as in when I re-open (the path holds while open) Addon Builder I have to reset the path. And good initiative but pettka made this topic specifically for the Tools so I can post there but I'm sure he reads this one more than additional threads on the same subject.

And good initiative but pettka made this topic specifically for the Tools so I can post there but I'm sure he reads this one more than additional threads on the same subject.

No need to worry, I do :icon_twisted:

As for Your issue, our programmers know about that and are investigating the cause. I hope they'll manage to fix it as soon as possible.

Okay cool, much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

Also could you check on the zasleh issue with binarization? I've spent the last few hours trying to get it to work and... nothing, I remove the model.cfg and no muzzle flash proxy shows the muzzle flash as it should without a model.cfg. I put the model.cfg back in and all the animations work fine (sights fold when optic is mounted, magazine disappears when unloaded or appropriately when reloading) but no zasleh... I used the new model.cfg format as well on the gun I'm doing and no worky.

An addition to the muzzle flash thingie. A guy I'm doing a gun for is saying that PBO Project is giving muzzle flashes so to confirm it's Addon Builder and not just bad proxies (which I thought was the culprit).

Cool news pettka, the binarizing process works as it should (packed my mod in the "normal" amount of time) but still zasleh bug, but overall good work :)

Was doing some troubleshooting for an addon with a guy and after about an hour we figured that the default settings isn't doing too good, so this is from somebody else and recommend this for the default list for Addon Buider:

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.rvmat;*.cfg;*.hpp

don't forget *.shp,*.shx,*.prj,*.dbf those are essential to island builders

When trying to build a mission with the latest dev build tools, i get the following output from my addon builder log file

2014-12-21 11:48:43,051 [DEBUG] 9: AddonBuilder.Tasks.BuildTask`1.Execute - Executing task. [type]=AddonBuilder.Tasks.CopyToTemp
2014-12-21 11:48:43,051 [iNFO] 9: AddonBuilder.Tasks.CopyToTemp.ExecuteImpl - Copying to temp...
2014-12-21 11:48:44,363 [iNFO] 9: AddonBuilder.Tasks.CopyToTemp.ExecuteImpl - Copy done.
2014-12-21 11:48:44,363 [DEBUG] 9: AddonBuilder.Tasks.BuildTask`1.Execute - Task end
2014-12-21 11:48:44,363 [DEBUG] 9: AddonBuilder.Tasks.BuildTask`1.Execute - Executing task. [type]=AddonBuilder.Tasks.PackOnlyCfgTask
2014-12-21 11:48:44,378 [DEBUG] 9: AddonBuilder.Tasks.BuildTask`1.Execute - Task end
2014-12-21 11:48:44,378 [ERROR] 9: AddonBuilder.Builder.Run - System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
  at AddonBuilder.Tasks.PackOnlyCfgTask.WriteAddonInfo(String path)
  at AddonBuilder.Tasks.PackOnlyCfgTask.ExecuteImpl()
  at AddonBuilder.Tasks.BuildTask`1.Execute()
  at AddonBuilder.Builder.Run()
2014-12-21 11:48:44,394 [iNFO] 9: AddonBuilder.Builder.Run - Build failed
2014-12-21 11:48:44,394 [DEBUG] 1: AddonBuilder.Packer.<Execute>b__2 - Build finished. [ResultCode]=1

That is the report from my mission. how ever if i go to the in game editor start a new multiplayer mission and only save the map(nothing has been added to the mission yet). Then try and build that blank mission you get the same error as well.

Is there any updates/upgrades coming up with the Terrain Builder/ terrain development in the near future?

As I just recently decided to redesign our map I also re-tested if the 8192x8192 heightfield would work, but the engine does not seem to be able to run it.

Other than that TB has worked pretty well so far other than this problem I had:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20016

and some issues with object snap points being really hard to use sometimes when placing objects really close to one another.

Since TB recognizes the snap point could there be an option to mark the snap sides with colors for example and maybe a separate snap tool where you could pick a snap point of the object and then click to another object to snap it on to proper place?

One other thing is that selecting an object in TB gets really hard if there are multiple different sized object stacked on top of each other. Should perhaps use more layers for these situations but sometimes its also hard to find the selection center of the object.

Terrain Builder is an atrocious mess please Bis use mikero tools or similar when you install all tools in this state is unacceptable

Dear devs - would it be possible to get an OGV converter for A3 Tools? Having a horrible time with sound / sync issues - probably to do with the codec (seems to be a universal problem in the community). Not sure how feasible it would be to include something? Just a thought! I'm sure lots of us would find it helpful! :D

I want to run the development branch of ArmA 3 with my non-admin user.

As I run Arma3GU.exe (the Game Updater), it fails because it is not allowed to create the Bohemia key in my registry.

In order to avoid this limitation, I've allowd the Game Updater to run as admin once, so it can create such key.

Then, after having closed ArmA 3, with the registry editor I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\bohemia interactive\arma 3 and give full permissions to my user.

I'm not sure to get the issue. Anyway here some details:

Arma3GU will always ask for Administrator rights, simply because it's needed to write in the registry and it needs to write into to define the moddir of the Arma 3 copy to run, then, to restore the initial path.

uhhh so if im not mistaken FuturatoP is the same as Arma3p? because i get errors saying it cannot find the source directory whenever i run it.

Are some of the tools meant to be non functioning? This is all using stable.

FSM Editor -

After the recent update I thought i would finally uninstall my 2.5 version of the FSM editor seeing it is now contained in the tools with all the compile configs. What ever i try the editor just say cannot open file, be these my own created FSMs or ones from the extracted a3.

It will save files ok both bifsm and compiled but will not open them afterwards.

TextView -

On opening the application it just complains about missing reg entries...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software\BISstudio\TextureConvert

Still having muzzleflash issues with the current build. When a muzzle attachment is put on and pulled off the muzzleflash works normally.