Lala14

[Release] [Script] TGP - Targeting Pod for Air Vehicles

So i managed to get the script only working on the vehicles i want to without affecting the variables of other vehicles. Next thing would be to restrict the script not only to crew, but only to gunner/copilot. Right now when "TGP_Veh_Only = 1;" only the pilot itself has full control but the copilot can not use it. He can activate the TGP but nothing more.

It would be awsome to get variables like

TGP_user = "<is in seat>";

TGP_user_class = "<classname>";

and only be called if actually is filled out...

Edited by audiocustoms

So i managed to get the script only working on the vehicles i want to without affecting the variables of other vehicles. Next thing would be to restrict the script not only to crew, but only to gunner/copilot. Right now when "TGP_Veh_Only = 1;" only the pilot itself has full control but the copilot can not use it. He can activate the TGP but nothing more.

It would be awsome to get variables like

TGP_user = "<is in seat>";

TGP_user_class = "<classname>";

and only be called if actually is filled out...

Would you like both? (I'd probably have a few options for the first option as well)

So with the "user class" I'm assuming you mean like class names (e.g. B_Pilot_F).

I could go with TGP_user, but it is always nice to have as much options as possible. And yes, i ment the unit classes. The idea was that if "TGP_user" and "TGP_user_calss" is empty, everybody in crew (pilot, copilot and doorgunner) have acess. If "TGP_user" is filled with ("driver","<seatname for copilot>") and "TGP_user_class" still empty, only the pilot and copilot have acess no matter their unit class. But if "TGP_user" is set to copilot and the TGP_user_class is "B_Pilot_F", only he has acess and only if he is actual a pilot. I hope you get my thoughts :D

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Oh, and would you mind adding the HAFM NH90 models to your script?

Classnames are:

"NH90","NH90Marine","NH90_GR","NH90_GR2","NH90_AAF","NH90Armed_AAF","NH90Armed_GR","NH90Armed_GR2","NH90Armed","HAFM_NH90Wreck"

and possition is:

0,6.8,-2.14

I could go with TGP_user, but it is always nice to have as much options as possible. And yes, i ment the unit classes. The idea was that if "TGP_user" and "TGP_user_calss" is empty, everybody in crew (pilot, copilot and doorgunner) have acess. If "TGP_user" is filled with ("driver","<seatname for copilot>") and "TGP_user_class" still empty, only the pilot and copilot have acess no matter their unit class. But if "TGP_user" is set to copilot and the TGP_user_class is "B_Pilot_F", only he has acess and only if he is actual a pilot. I hope you get my thoughts :D

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Oh, and would you mind adding the HAFM NH90 models to your script?

Classnames are:

"NH90","NH90Marine","NH90_GR","NH90_GR2","NH90_AAF","NH90Armed_AAF","NH90Armed_GR","NH90Armed_GR2","NH90Armed","HAFM_NH90Wreck"

and possition is:

0,6.8,-2.14

Alright so I just updated the script, how it works now is that if there is a TGP_user_classname variable array.If the user's classname is defined here the addaction will come up, if you then have TGP_only_specfic_turrets OR TGP_crew_only OR TGP_turret_position_override the user will need to be in one of these turrets for him to be able to get the addAction. Hope this is what you wanted

Hey man, I actually also just noticed this (been working on a way to allow somehow to update the script if like a modder hasn't updated it and the mission maker may have a newer version) when I execute the script twice, I believe this is something to do with CBA. Also in the recent update the devs removed FLIR & NV from the AR-2 Darter.

Basically what is happening is because the CBA keybinding is executed twice it will actually make it add that you are pressing the button twice at once (even though you're only pressing it once) so basically the output is nothing, I was going to report this to the CBA guys but I don't have a github account and really don't have the time to make one. I'm just going to post it onto their thread and maybe they may see it.

Here is the post I made

Just in case anyone else posts this issue. It's due CBA keybinding being added twice. When the script is executed more than once, either by a mod and the mission or by the mission maker causing it to execute more than once.

Edited by Lala14

Can you turn this into a Mod,please? Will make thing sooo much simpler to use for most people.

Great ! Maybe for Firewil`s F-15,F-14?

Maybe be able to turn this into some sort of "Off-boresight " tracking system.(Just a small suggestion).

Would second this, to make it into an addon, if possible.  Just so much loveliness to not have at all times :)

@lala14

Hi

I've just modified (corrected as much as possible) previous planes darters locations and also added support for USAF and some more add-ons (SU-22, SU-34/32, etc) for my personal use.

Am I allowed to upload it and share the link here for public use?

If yes, will you count that as your updated file version until you make a proper add-on with model?

Is there any way to enable thermal, night vision, infrared, etc.. views in main camera and not just in PiP mode?

It's impossible to scan for targets or track them manually in the night  :mellow:

@lala14

Hi

I've just modified (corrected as much as possible) previous planes darters locations and also added support for USAF and some more add-ons (SU-22, SU-34/32, etc) for my personal use.

Am I allowed to upload it and share the link here for public use?

If yes, will you count that as your updated file version until you make a proper add-on with model?

If you want to post the them and I can include them, however the USAF one I probably won't include as I am working with the USAF mod on another version of the targeting pod that will be released soon for everyone, yes you're able to release it publicly, the addon version hasn't moved for a while due to some weird things occurring for me while using it in arma and since I really don't have anyone able to help me with fixing it, it is just sitting there gathering dust.

Is there any way to enable thermal, night vision, infrared, etc.. views in main camera and not just in PiP mode?

It's impossible to scan for targets or track them manually in the night  :mellow:

The reason why you can't enable Thermal and such when in the actual view of the targeting pod is due to the fact that a bug in arma has occurred, if you're on the ground and you access the targeting pod off of someone else you can actually switch to thermal but when you're in a vehicle you can't.

however the USAF one I probably won't include as I am working with the USAF mod on another version of the targeting pod that will be released soon for everyone,

It's most important change that I made also if you are helping them for different thing I assume that will be included with their next release. The problem is that current version of the USAF (0.53 I think) doesn't have any targeting system (but GPS one) and it somehow pointless to play because when you fly with other TGP added planes and get back to the USAF you'll miss the joy of that. So this updated file is a temporary solution until you and the USAF staffs finish things up and there will be no conflict here. Sometimes "soon" is not as soon as it seems :)

Is this still a script or an addon? I prefer addon if possible.

This is an addon now

Edited by Masnooper

Btw - have you tried using the pilotCamera class for TGPs? Even though some functionality is missing (stabilization, animations, lasing) it provides a simple way to have an additional sensor feed for the pilot.

An example is available in the samples.

class pilotCamera				/// camera for pilot to observe sling loading
        {
            class OpticsIn				/// what is seen if player switches to optics
            {		
                class Wide
                {
                    opticsDisplayName 	= "W";	/// used in case the UI has place to display optics mode
                    initAngleX			= 0;	/// X-axis rotation and its limits
					minAngleX			= -0; 	/// X-axis rotation and its limits
					maxAngleX			= +0;	/// X-axis rotation and its limits
                    initAngleY			= 0; 	/// Y-axis rotation and its limits
					minAngleY			= -0;  	/// Y-axis rotation and its limits
					maxAngleY			= +0; 	/// Y-axis rotation and its limits
                    initFov				= 0.5;	/// Field of view size settings
					minFov				= 0.5;	/// Field of view size settings
					maxFov				= 0.5;	/// Field of view size settings
                    visionMode[] 		= {"Normal","NVG"};	/// what vision modes are available
                    thermalMode[] 		= {0,1};			/// not necessary as there is no TI mode defined, but just in case
                    gunnerOpticsModel = "A3\drones_f\Weapons_F_Gamma\Reticle\UAV_Optics_Gunner_wide_F.p3d"; /// some optics model
				};
				showMiniMapInOptics				= false;	/// allows showing GPS mini map in optics
				showUAVViewpInOptics			= false;	/// allows showing UAV feed in this optics
				showSlingLoadManagerInOptics 	= true;		/// allows displaying of Sling Loading Assistant
            };
            minTurn                 = 0; 		//turn
            maxTurn                 = 0; 		//turn
            initTurn                = 0; 		//turn
            minElev                 = 80; 		//turn
            maxElev                 = 80; 		//turn
            initElev                = 80; 		//turn
            maxXRotSpeed            = 0.5; 		// movement speed
            maxYRotSpeed            = 0.5; 		// movement speed
            pilotOpticsShowCursor   = 1; 		//to show aimCursor (is useful to see plane direction)
            controllable            = false; 	// set false to have static camera, true to have moving like a turret
        };	
        memoryPointDriverOptics = "slingCamera";	/// what memory point is the origin of the camera

You can also check a simple implementation here.

Btw - have you tried using the pilotCamera class for TGPs? Even though some functionality is missing (stabilization, animations, lasing) it provides a simple way to have an additional sensor feed for the pilot.

An example is available in the samples.

class pilotCamera				/// camera for pilot to observe sling loading
        {
            class OpticsIn				/// what is seen if player switches to optics
            {		
                class Wide
                {
                    opticsDisplayName 	= "W";	/// used in case the UI has place to display optics mode
                    initAngleX			= 0;	/// X-axis rotation and its limits
					minAngleX			= -0; 	/// X-axis rotation and its limits
					maxAngleX			= +0;	/// X-axis rotation and its limits
                    initAngleY			= 0; 	/// Y-axis rotation and its limits
					minAngleY			= -0;  	/// Y-axis rotation and its limits
					maxAngleY			= +0; 	/// Y-axis rotation and its limits
                    initFov				= 0.5;	/// Field of view size settings
					minFov				= 0.5;	/// Field of view size settings
					maxFov				= 0.5;	/// Field of view size settings
                    visionMode[] 		= {"Normal","NVG"};	/// what vision modes are available
                    thermalMode[] 		= {0,1};			/// not necessary as there is no TI mode defined, but just in case
                    gunnerOpticsModel = "A3\drones_f\Weapons_F_Gamma\Reticle\UAV_Optics_Gunner_wide_F.p3d"; /// some optics model
				};
				showMiniMapInOptics				= false;	/// allows showing GPS mini map in optics
				showUAVViewpInOptics			= false;	/// allows showing UAV feed in this optics
				showSlingLoadManagerInOptics 	= true;		/// allows displaying of Sling Loading Assistant
            };
            minTurn                 = 0; 		//turn
            maxTurn                 = 0; 		//turn
            initTurn                = 0; 		//turn
            minElev                 = 80; 		//turn
            maxElev                 = 80; 		//turn
            initElev                = 80; 		//turn
            maxXRotSpeed            = 0.5; 		// movement speed
            maxYRotSpeed            = 0.5; 		// movement speed
            pilotOpticsShowCursor   = 1; 		//to show aimCursor (is useful to see plane direction)
            controllable            = false; 	// set false to have static camera, true to have moving like a turret
        };	
        memoryPointDriverOptics = "slingCamera";	/// what memory point is the origin of the camera

You can also check a simple implementation here.

I have not tried that simply because it requires a memoryPoint in the model, or am I incorrect? (unless they're all in current vanilla models, then maybe that route might be a better alternative)

I'm actually seeking for someone to help with the model.cfg/config.cpp which I've posted here. If you're able to help that would be greatly appreciated, so far nobody has posted anything there.

I have not tried that simply because it requires a memoryPoint in the model, or am I incorrect?

You can utilize some of the already existing ones - e.g. landing gear or hardpoints and make it just a "virtual TGP" without touching the actual model.

I've just updated my game to v1.54 and it works perfect + when I switch to camera and back it doesn't change my weapon to Safe or whatever first weapon of the plane is anymore  :)