Lala14

[Release] [Script] TGP - Targeting Pod for Air Vehicles

I've visited that config ref a lotta times, but it only defines two axis':

body= "mainTurret" (horizontally moving selection of the turret)

gun= "mainGun" (verticaly moving selection of the turret)

I'm just depicting what should be done, not saying that anyone has to do it (BIS maybe). But it's only a matter of defining that missing axis, is making it so that it automatically rotates to keep the camera view horizontal. I know nothing about modelling, so that's why I just complain :p

Okay as it specified x,y, and z so I figured that may have helped, but okay.

First...big thanks!

That´s a real nice script and works nicely!

Just one question, how do you get these picture-in-picture like you have in your youtube video?

Thx

First...big thanks!

That´s a real nice script and works nicely!

Just one question, how do you get these picture-in-picture like you have in your youtube video?

Thx

2x Tab

Also thanks for the feedback!

That I didn't catch myself, now that I know that will use the PiP more, still a great little script though :)

Thanks for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What are the keybindings? The info mentions plural, but I only see mention of custom action 7 (use pod).

What are the keybindings? The info mentions plural, but I only see mention of custom action 7 (use pod).

When running CBA go to Menu >> Configure >> Controls >> Configure Addons (bottom left next to Ok) >> Targeting Pod

This is a great idea and I look forward to an addon version.

How does this work with the JS_SU-35S which has no LGB's yet? Do the standard 500L bombs work?

Thanks

This is a great idea and I look forward to an addon version.

How does this work with the JS_SU-35S which has no LGB's yet? Do the standard 500L bombs work?

Thanks

Yea they should work

Question if I may, does this mod support the RHS A-10A? Or are there any plans to incorporate it in such?

I am testing this mod with a couple others and when I put in for this mod it doesn't work (camera ends up in the ocean or something). One of my buddies has managed to get it on the airframe but it wont work properly according to him. It won't focus (though I think its user error, any advice?)

Question if I may, does this mod support the RHS A-10A? Or are there any plans to incorporate it in such?

I am testing this mod with a couple others and when I put in for this mod it doesn't work (camera ends up in the ocean or something). One of my buddies has managed to get it on the airframe but it wont work properly according to him. It won't focus (though I think its user error, any advice?)

I'll take a look at it, all that your friend should have done was modify the script and add in his own array to the already present array called TGP_config.

I'll probably take a look at this latter in the week but I'm confused as to why the camera was broken, are you sure that you're on the stable build? even though I know nothing has changed on the dev but still.

Thanks for informing us of the updated version again :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I like your script I want to use the targeting pod in our gaming group. I've made a model for the AN/AAQ-28(V) LITENING Targeting Pod, how do I swap out the drone model for my pod model? What do i need to change in the code, and can I incorporate the code in a PBO file, and have it added to the aircraft via the editor? Our gaming group uses a repository and I want to make it easy for the group to have a functioning targeting pod.

Note I've modded games before, Arma is a new experience for me but I rapidly learn.

I will certainly give credit where credit is due.

Edited by Eskandare
spelling

Quickest route would seem to be a config that inherits from the drone but calls your model instead.

I like your script I want to use the targeting pod in our gaming group. I've made a model for the AN/AAQ-28(V) LITENING Targeting Pod, how do I swap out the drone model for my pod model? What do i need to change in the code, and can I incorporate the code in a PBO file, and have it added to the aircraft via the editor? Our gaming group uses a repository and I want to make it easy for the group to have a functioning targeting pod.

Note I've modded games before, Arma is a new experience for me but I rapidly learn.

I will certainly give credit where credit is due.

Alright well.

What you need to do is first make sure that there are 3 types of targeting pods, 1 for blufor, 1 for opfor and finally 1 for independent.

Secondly your targeting pod needs to be a "UAV"

Thirdly once that is all done if you go into the script there will be a part called:

TGP_BLU_TGP = "B_UAV_01_F";
TGP_OPF_TGP = "O_UAV_01_F";
TGP_IND_TGP = "I_UAV_01_F";

Simply modify those values to the classnames of your TGP!

Oh thank you, that is awesome, shouldn't be too hard to build the pod as a drone.

Thank you once again for the help.

~Esk

Edit: Additionally once I post it up I'll send you a link.

Edited by Eskandare

Oh thank you, that is awesome, shouldn't be too hard to build the pod as a drone.

Thank you once again for the help.

~Esk

Edit: Additionally once I post it up I'll send you a link.

Please, if you get this working, release it to the community! I have been waiting for someone to create a Tgt pod for arma forever! it seems you are about to crack that egg! Good luck, I look forward to using it!

Hi, is anyone having problems with this mod (and any UAV) after the update?

I've noticed this bug that I'm sure affetcs this mod. I'm going to try myself but I'm asking just in case it helps somehow xD

I've noticed this bug that I'm sure affetcs this mod. I'm going to try myself but I'm asking just in case it helps somehow xD

Confirmed on my end... I guess its A3 related...

Wouldn't it be better do assing the functionailiy of this skript manually? Like only the vehicles with the script in their init field or assigned in the init of the mission have it? Now when launching the script on a vehicle every vehicle of the same class is affected. And i dont want to put the "["uavisalive","none"];" in every vehicle...

I'm experimenting with the Little Birds from the TF47 Desert Vehicle Pack and only want them to have the targeting pod. But they are using the A3 base class so even the vanilla LBs have it.

I tried to modify the script by removing the included classes and replaced it with the classes from my LBs. But after that it returns errors and won't work.

if (isNil "TGP_config") then { TGP_config = [] };TGP_config = TGP_config + [

[["TF47_Desert_LITTLEBIRD_NATO_armed"], [
        [ [0,1,-0.81] ]
   ]],
   [["TF47_black_LITTLEBIRD_NATO_armed"], [
        [ [0,1,-0.8] ]
   ]]

];

targetins32.png

This is the part the error is pointing to:

if (TGP_Veh_Only == 1) then {        _unit = _this select 0;
       _veh = vehicle _unit;
       if (_veh != _unit) then {
       _tgps = (TGP_config select _i) select 1;
       _i = _veh call TGP_fnc_inList;
       _ison = _veh getVariable [TGP_varname,false];
           if (_i > -1) then {
               if (_ison) then {
                   if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP Turned On",_veh,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf _veh >> 'displayName')];};
                   if (count TGP_Uavs == 0) then {
                       {
                           if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP creating TGP for %3",_veh,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf _veh >> 'displayName'),name _unit];};
                           if ((side _unit == west) && (TGP_Veh_Only == 1)) then {
                                   _tgp = TGP_BLU_TGP createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
                                   _veh setVariable ["TGP",_tgp,true];
                                   if ((TGP_Visible == 0) OR (_veh getVariable ["TGP_Visible",false])) then { _tgp hideObject true };
                                   _tgp attachto [_veh,(_x select 0)];
                                   createVehicleCrew _tgp;
                                   (group _tgp) setGroupId ["Targeting Pod"];
                                   _tgp deleteVehicleCrew driver _tgp;
                                   TGP_Uavs pushBack _tgp;
                           };
                           if ((side _unit == east) && (TGP_Veh_Only == 1)) then {
                                   _tgp = TGP_OPF_TGP createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
                                   if ((TGP_Visible == 0) OR (_veh getVariable ["TGP_Visible",false])) then { _tgp hideObject true };
                                   createVehicleCrew _tgp;
                                   TGP_Uavs pushBack _tgp;
                           };
                           if ((side _unit == resistance) && (TGP_Veh_Only == 1)) then {
                                   _tgp = TGP_IND_TGP createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
                                   createVehicleCrew _tgp;
                                   TGP_Uavs pushBack _tgp;
                           };
                           if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP Units created",_veh,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf _veh >> 'displayName')];};
                       }forEach _tgps;
                   };
               } else {
               if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP Turned Off deleting ...",_veh,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf _veh >> 'displayName')];};
                   {
                       TGP_Uavs = TGP_Uavs - [ _x ];
                       if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP deleting TGP for %3 because it is off",attachedTo _x,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf (attachedTo _x) >> 'displayName'),name _unit];};
                       deleteVehicle _x;
                   }forEach TGP_Uavs;
               };
           };
       } else {
           {
               if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP deleting TGP for %3 because he is not in a vehicle",attachedTo _x,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf (attachedTo _x) >> 'displayName'),name _unit];};
               deleteVehicle _x;
           }forEach TGP_Uavs;
       };
   };

**** EDIT

It is working on the TF47 DEV Little Birds, but sadly also on the vanilla one. I must have done something b/c it is working on all vehicles again and this error only pops up when entering a vehicle not in the original list.

Edited by audiocustoms

I can also confirm that error is affecting the script, you just can't switch through vision modes on my end.

Confirmed on my end... I guess its A3 related...

Wouldn't it be better do assing the functionailiy of this skript manually? Like only the vehicles with the script in their init field or assigned in the init of the mission have it? Now when launching the script on a vehicle every vehicle of the same class is affected. And i dont want to put the "["uavisalive","none"];" in every vehicle...

I'm experimenting with the Little Birds from the TF47 Desert Vehicle Pack and only want them to have the targeting pod. But they are using the A3 base class so even the vanilla LBs have it.

I tried to modify the script by removing the included classes and replaced it with the classes from my LBs. But after that it returns errors and won't work.

if (isNil "TGP_config") then { TGP_config = [] };TGP_config = TGP_config + [

[["TF47_Desert_LITTLEBIRD_NATO_armed"], [
        [ [0,1,-0.81] ]
   ]],
   [["TF47_black_LITTLEBIRD_NATO_armed"], [
        [ [0,1,-0.8] ]
   ]]

];

http://abload.de/thumb/targetins32.png

This is the part the error is pointing to:

if (TGP_Veh_Only == 1) then {        _unit = _this select 0;
       _veh = vehicle _unit;
       if (_veh != _unit) then {
       _tgps = (TGP_config select _i) select 1;
       _i = _veh call TGP_fnc_inList;
       _ison = _veh getVariable [TGP_varname,false];
           if (_i > -1) then {
               if (_ison) then {
                   if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP Turned On",_veh,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf _veh >> 'displayName')];};
                   if (count TGP_Uavs == 0) then {
                       {
                           if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP creating TGP for %3",_veh,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf _veh >> 'displayName'),name _unit];};
                           if ((side _unit == west) && (TGP_Veh_Only == 1)) then {
                                   _tgp = TGP_BLU_TGP createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
                                   createVehicleCrew _tgp;
                                   TGP_Uavs pushBack _tgp;
                           };
                           if ((side _unit == east) && (TGP_Veh_Only == 1)) then {
                                   _tgp = TGP_OPF_TGP createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
                                   createVehicleCrew _tgp;
                                   TGP_Uavs pushBack _tgp;
                           };
                           if ((side _unit == resistance) && (TGP_Veh_Only == 1)) then {
                                   _tgp = TGP_IND_TGP createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
                                   createVehicleCrew _tgp;
                                   TGP_Uavs pushBack _tgp;
                           };
                           if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP Units created",_veh,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf _veh >> 'displayName')];};
                       }forEach _tgps;
                   };
               } else {
               if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP Turned Off deleting ...",_veh,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf _veh >> 'displayName')];};
                   {
                       if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP deleting TGP for %3 because it is off",attachedTo _x,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf (attachedTo _x) >> 'displayName'),name _unit];};
                       deleteVehicle _x;
                   }forEach TGP_Uavs;
               };
           };
       } else {
           {
               if (TGP_RPT_Debug == 1) then {diag_log format ["%1 - %2 TGP deleting TGP for %3 because he is not in a vehicle",attachedTo _x,getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeOf (attachedTo _x) >> 'displayName'),name _unit];};
               deleteVehicle _x;
           }forEach TGP_Uavs;
       };
   };

**** EDIT

It is working on the TF47 DEV Little Birds, but sadly also on the vanilla one. I must have done something b/c it is working on all vehicles again and this error only pops up when entering a vehicle not in the original list.

I went ahead and download the TF47 Desert Vehicle Pack and I used the vehicles and I didn't get that error from the TGP_config. D:, I even used your code and it still worked fine (the TGP_config).

But since you said you don't like making all the vehicles that you don't want added with TGPs I've decided to add in a variable at the beginning of the script to define if you want the TGPs added automatically on every vehicle, also if this option is off then you will need to (on the vehicles you want) use TGP_fnc_Do_Start on the vehicles that you want to have the TGPs on.

So i must have understood this variable wrong :D

I thougt it ment to start the TGP automatically on every vehicle the TGP code is in the init field. Gonna test it later, thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 ----------

Ok, tested it and it is working only on the vehicles assigned in the TGP_config array. But every other vehicle not in this array spits out the following error and spams the RPT:

10:04:46 Error in expression <eh != _unit) then {_tgps = (TGP_config select _i) select 1;
_i = _veh call TGP_>
10:04:46   Error position: <select _i) select 1;
_i = _veh call TGP_>
10:04:46   Error Zero divisor
10:04:46 File C:\Users\Audiocustoms\Documents\Arma 3\missions\BBB.VR\tgpalpha8_95.sqf, line 515

Is it somehow possible to "hardcode" the vehicle (classes) in there?

Also there must be something wrong with CBA. I'm getting this:

10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Toggle Lock called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [20,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Enter TGP View called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [35,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Exit TGP View called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [36,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>PiP Toggle called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [55,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>PiP Zoom In called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [78,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>PiP Zoom Out called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [74,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>PiP Mode called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Head Tracking Toggle called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [181,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Fire TGP Laser called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [20,false,true,false]"

All mods are up do date...

Edited by audiocustoms

So i must have understood this variable wrong :D

I thougt i ment to start the TGP automatically on every vehicle the TGP code is in the init field. Gonna test it later, thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 ----------

Ok, tested it and it is working only on the vehicles assigned in the TGP_config array. But every other vehicle not in this array spits out the following error and spams the RPT:

10:04:46 Error in expression <eh != _unit) then {_tgps = (TGP_config select _i) select 1;
_i = _veh call TGP_>
10:04:46   Error position: <select _i) select 1;
_i = _veh call TGP_>
10:04:46   Error Zero divisor
10:04:46 File C:\Users\Audiocustoms\Documents\Arma 3\missions\BBB.VR\tgpalpha8_95.sqf, line 515

Is it somehow possible to "hardcode" the vehicle (classes) in there?

Also there must be something wrong with CBA. I'm getting this:

10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Toggle Lock called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [20,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Enter TGP View called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [35,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Exit TGP View called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [36,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>PiP Toggle called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>PiP Zoom In called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [78,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>PiP Zoom Out called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [74,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>PiP Mode called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Head Tracking Toggle called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [181,false,false,false]"
10:03:12 [CBA Keybinding] WARNING: Targeting Pod=>Fire TGP Laser called cba_fnc_registerKeybind is no longer a valid function and has been replaced with cba_fnc_addKeybind. Contact the developer of mod Targeting Pod to change the code to use the new function.
10:03:12 "Converted _defaultKeybind => [20,false,true,false]"

All mods are up do date...

CBA has been updated, however I did just release an update of the script v(0.8.96) to fix that.

And that second error, I'll just fix that quickly, now the aircraft do need to be in TGP_config as it defines where the targeting pod is placed, if that is not defined then the targeting pod would end up somewhere inside the vehicle (which wouldn't be good to look out of as all you would see is the interior or whatever). I'll release a hot fix v(0.8.961) to fix the 1st error.