Lala14

[Release] [Script] TGP - Targeting Pod for Air Vehicles

Hello

Is there a way to make the UAV not able to move? I wanted to try (as a crude attempt) enableSimulation False, but I can't seem to discover the actual vehicle's name in the sqf. If I wish for the sqf to impart some change on the vehicle, like its rotation using setvectordirandup, what variable name would I utilize?

Thanks for any help!

Hello

Is there a way to make the UAV not able to move? I wanted to try (as a crude attempt) enableSimulation False, but I can't seem to discover the actual vehicle's name in the sqf. If I wish for the sqf to impart some change on the vehicle, like its rotation using setvectordirandup, what variable name would I utilize?

Thanks for any help!

What do you mean?

The uav does not move, it moves with the plane.

Are you trying to make it so the uav does not move the camera?

Anyway if you would like to find out the name, run the mission, make sure the player is in the plane then pause it and then in the "watch" part of the debug place

(vehicle player getvariable "tgp")

this should return the name of the tgp.

the other thing is you could do in the debug console is

(vehicle player getvariable "tgp") enableSimulation False

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Lala14 this new version is great ..... could you look at an addon version, so that we don't have to keep unPBOing our fave missions to add this in?

Cheers mate!

Lala14 this new version is great ..... could you look at an addon version, so that we don't have to keep unPBOing our fave missions to add this in?

Cheers mate!

I will be making this an addon once our models are ready and in game. Version alpha 8.0 hopefully will be the release of the addon with the models.

Hello

Thanks for any help!

The elastic bouncing camera effect is due to the simulation of the aircrafts and not the UAV since it's technically with it's engine OFF.

An example showing this "simulation" problem would be this:

Question: How exactly do you install this? I've made an @folder with an addon folder inside of that and dragged the folder in and ran the @ folder through A3 launcher but, I've tried this out with the F-35 and the A-10 and not getting any sort of option with the scroll menu, any idea?

Question: How exactly do you install this? I've made an @folder with an addon folder inside of that and dragged the folder in and ran the @ folder through A3 launcher but, I've tried this out with the F-35 and the A-10 and not getting any sort of option with the scroll menu, any idea?

This is not an addon but though a script. To run this you will need to go into the Editor and create a mission and call it something, then you will need to go to My Documents then ArmA 3 - Other Profiles then <Your ArmA 3 Profile Name> then Missions then <Mission Name> then place the script in there and then Create a File called Init.sqf and place inside null = [] execVM "tgpalpha7.sqf";

Hope this helps, there will be soon a addon version coming out with models for the targeting pods

Thank you, I did in fact get the script to work and look forward to the actual addon release.

I might do another script update,

Things I've done since are below

• Fixed TGP Vehicle Only, works flawlessly now :D
  • Fixed that when you would disable a TGP on a vehicle it would still create a TGP and if you had auto on it would turn that TGP on but you wouldn't be able to turn it off/on
  • Added TGP_Auto_Ai_On, this mode would allow for spawned AI to turn their TGP's on and drop bombs automatically
  • Added to "uavisalive" a display mode (this is so it does not turn on, basically makes it a rock)
  • Added some humanity checks
  • Added the ability to switch between Vehicle Only or All Mode (this is a global effect and if this happens ALL TGP's will need to be restarted)
  • Noted that with the New Vehicle Only way that each person will get there own TGP
  • Fixed that a when a tgp is swapped sides it would not delete after the parent was deleted
  • Other stuff I Don't remember

Don't know if it's worth an update

Also either if that update is released or the addon version I will be releasing a mission with the VR map, in the VR map there is all the vanilla aircraft where you can take them out for a flight and then there is a section with enemies so you could lase stuff and then there is a section where there is a display with the aircraft rotating and their rotating speed can be changed on the fly by some addactions.

Hi, not sure what I'm doing wrong - I'm not getting any feed from camera - I can swictch on the pod, connect to it & control it via the UAV menu, but the picture in picture camera says 'no connection. ? thx

Hi, not sure what I'm doing wrong - I'm not getting any feed from camera - I can swictch on the pod, connect to it & control it via the UAV menu, but the picture in picture camera says 'no connection. ? thx

Ah simple all you need to do is actually connect to the pod, so what you would do is make sure you got the AV Terminal for your side (make sure it is also in the GPS slot), there are 3 of these so make sure you got the right one! If your not sure which one will be the right one it will come up as an action saying Open AV Terminal in the Action Menu (scroll wheel). After find out your plane's designation, example I am flying a A-164 Wipeout and I was the first one to turn it on. I would get a designation of 1-A164 Wipeout Targeting Pod. Just select that and that should be it! Hope this helps.

Thx for the reply lala.....

My god, I can't believe I've been such a spas! - I had the pip graphics option disabled.... aye that'd do it alright, dooh!

so currently I've got the Liteing pod

I will hopefully be able to soon texture it and then get it in game :D

litening.png

Hmmm...

So I downloaded your latest patch (SQF entitled "IntLight") , placed " null = [] execVM "IntLight.sqf";" into my SQF, and nothing is happening. No lights from any vehicles. Bug ?

Hmmm...

So I downloaded your latest patch (SQF entitled "IntLight") , placed " null = [] execVM "IntLight.sqf";" into my SQF, and nothing is happening. No lights from any vehicles. Bug ?

wait is this for my interior light or targeting pod? if so then your probably stuffed up somewhere with your mission, if you don't mind send me your mission.

Managed to finally get around to this and must say it's nice. Still have to test it MP-wise sometime with a backseater in the F Super Hornet but overall works as advertised.. Hope you can make a model for the Super Hornet (or just a basic geometry) so you're not seeing the Darter in the way but still, nice work!

AWSOME..cant understand how i have missed this thread...

Thanks for informing us of the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just a small thing but dyslexia hit you guys, was loading this version (after I added my school aircraft to the list, matter of fact is that okay since its on my server for training?) and kept on getting errors, the script currently named is tpgalpha8_7.sqf, not tgpalpha8_7. But other than that I haven't noticed any other issues. I was trying to make a small 3D object to replace the Darter but even using the source from A2's Phcela, I still can't get it to work, but if I somehow figure it out I'll upload it so you won't have to see the drone in the view. Again a small fix (done already) but wanted to let you know.

Yep, that would be cool, la la has worked on a litening pod model (couple of pages back in this thread), but We couldn't get it ingame. One workaround i did was first place an invisible darter with the script (tgp_visible=0), the placer another uav on top of it with an arma 2 litening pod model (cant remember who's, maybe myke's?), it did it's job cosmetically but since it had no turret axis' it worked a mil crappy. Don't even get me started on the fact that BIS completely forgot there should be a THIRD AXIS in turrets (axial rotation in the "gun" axis) to be able to have gyro-stabilized cameras and forget the moronic movement it has to do when passing over targets.

I'll have to do some digging but the gun axis can be set, you'd have to go into the A3 Sample Models folder in the main A3 Tools folder to look at the sample tank with a turret. I got a mortar to work by experimentation but I'm sure the sample config has the elevation/depression limits already set that way. Or it may just be simple model limits as for the mortar there's no specification but it does the job as its supposed to.

But yeah I agree on that, as using the script is easier on the Super Hornet (by yourself) than the Wipeout, as the Hornet is just more stable when doing such a thing.