Lala14

[Release] [Script] TGP - Targeting Pod for Air Vehicles

targetingpod.jpg

Hey guys so you may have noticed GeraldBolso1899's post on the fourm in the Addons & Mods Discussion about Making a targeting pod
well I made a script which was very basic then but since that week I've created a much better version
GeralBolso, 161st V-SOAR & some guys from the 39th Battalion tested it out and reported some feedback for me and ideas which I have implemented
Init.sqf code
null = [] execVM "tgpalpha8_972661.sqf";

also OPTIONAL for messing around you can either place in the INIT.SQF or modify these in the script it self

Variables that can be changed:

1 = Yes/On 0 = Off/No unless stated

TGP_Visible = 1;//0 - Hide the darter, 1 - Show the "Darter"
TGP_Debug = 0; //0 - Hide debug, 1 - Show where the "Darter" is being attached
TGP_Veh_Only = 0; //0 - Anyone can connect to via AV Termianl,1 - Only allow the PEOPLE in the helicopter to connect to the tgp. WORKINGish (is not displayed on the AV Terminal as well (only to the people in the helicopter))
TGP_Numbering = 0; //Set Numbering Format 0 = Original Way numbers don't get stored on vehicles 1 = Use the first number assigned to the vehicle every time 2 = Looks in the array to find the closest number to 0 that is not being used 3 = Random Select Should not bring the same number ever unless you've used 225 vehicle names during that period, also gets assigned to the vehicle
TGP_RPT_Debug = 0; //Give you all kinds of information on who is executing stuff, what vehicle has turned on/off the TGP and when via RPT - 0 - Hide RPT Debug, 1 - Show the RPT Debug
TGP_Auto_Start = 0; //0 - No TGPs on from mission start, 1 = Start the mission with all TGP's turned on, 2 = Start mission with TGP's all on and Respawned ones as well
TGP_TrippleFormat = 0; //1 - Show numbers with "001" or 0 - standard "1", useful when there is more than 9 planes on one side or using TGP_Numbering = 3
TGP_AutoConnect = 1; //0 = No/Off 1 = Automatically connect the player's AV Terminal to the TGP once TGP turned On 2 = Connect player's AV Terminal to TGP if not connected to another AV Device
TGP_Auto_Ai_On = 1; //Automatically makes AI turn their TGP's on
TGP_Auto_Add_TGP = 0; //0 - Don't add any TGPs, use: null = [<vehicle name>] spawn TGP_fnc_Do_Start; or in the editor use: null = this spawn { waitUntil {!isNil "TGP_fnc_Do_Start" && !isNull (_this)}; [_this] spawn TGP_fnc_Do_Start;}; on the vehicles you want, 1 - default usage (all vehicles get a TGP)
TGP_crew_Only = 0; //0 - Anyone in the vehicle has access to the addaction, 1 - only the crew can access the addactions and such (door gunner, co-pilot, NOT FFV turrets).
TGP_only_specific_turrets = 0; //0 - Normal control, 1 - Only turrets defined in config or overrided by TGP_turret_position_override
TGP_turret_position_override = []; //Requires TGP_only_specific_turrets = 1, when not filled out everyone in the vehicle has access, when filled out the turrets defined here will have access (e.g. [[0],[-1],[0,0]])
TGP_user_classname = []; //when not filled out everyone can access the addaction, when filled out only classes defined here can access the addactions (e.g. ["B_Pilot_F","B_HelicopterPilot_F"]) (please note that the TGP can still be accessed via AV Terminal (unless TGP_Veh_Only = 1))
TGP_AddAction_AI = 1; //0 - Do not add action to AIs (includes playable units), 1 - add action to AIs (includes playable units)
TGP_addAddonVehicles = 1; //0 - Do not add addon vehicles, 1 - add addon vehicles

Config Variables (for cfgVehicles)

TGP_POS - ARRAY or MemPoint of the position
TGP_HIDE_TGP - BOOL (true to show tgp, false to hide)
TGP_PIP_SELECTION - ARRAY that contains numbers of texture selection or texture selection strings (for 3D PiP)
TGP_WEAPON_OR_MAGAZINE_CONDITION_REQURIES_ALL - BOOL (if you require everything present in TGP_WEAPON_OR_MAGAZINE_CONDITIONS to turn on TGP)
TGP_WEAPON_OR_MAGAZINE_CONDITIONS - ARRAY of STRINGS of magazines or weapons

Features
-On and Off ability
-Designed for multi team use
-Ability to use the Targeting Pod without the need of a UAV Terminal if are part of the crew of the vehicle
-Ability to allow for someone else to use the Targeting Pod assuming TGP_Veh_Only is equal to 0
-Optimized
-Different positions for each vehicle
-Mod supported vehicles Currently are HAFM Helis, Pearl A-10C, STI A-10A, SU-35, F/A 18E/F/X, CHO F-35, IVORY F-15C, IVORY MIG-29K, IVORY GR-4, HAFM Planes, RHS, FireWill F16C

ISSUES PRESENT
-TGP_Veh_Only is still very buggy if anyone who is willing to shed some light on the situation please do
Future
-A mod is currently being assembled. Raid will be supplying the models and GeralBolso is making the mod
-The models will be of a Litening Targeting Pod and a MX-25D

ChangeLog

Alpha 0.6.1:

-Public Release
-Group Numbering added (uav name)
-Veh Only modified

Alpha 0.6.6:
This update is basically a simulation update of how the TGP would act on addon release

-Fixed Respawning not giving actions to player (changed eventhandler from "Killed" to "Respawn")
-Added Support for IVORY Aircraft
-TGPs (UAVs) are now always on the vehicle, ALWAYS
-Small cleanup
-Use TGP Action now disappears when someone is using your TGP
-No more driver in the TGP
-Fix error with disabling UAVs on vehicles
-TGPs (UAVs) are visible on vehicles that allow for them and not on vehicles that don't allow for them
-Hopefully fixed the issue when someone is looking through your TGP (UAV) and then it breaks resulting in them becoming stuck

Alpha 0.7.7:

-Added Command for to start all TGP's at mission launch
-Added Debug that sends to the RPT what the TGP is doing (optional)
-Vehicles on each side will now have their own numbers
-TGP's will be deleted only if the TGP is not for the player's side meaning that the TGP will only reset if you are not on the same side as the TGP
-More Optimisations
-TGP actions will now only be added to players for more optimisations
-Respawn eventhandler will now not build up hopefully
-TGP's now have names
-Vehicle's that crash will now have TGP's Dead (previous dev version was broken)
-Killing a TGP on your team side will not result in negative points (if you went in for a bombing run and you were too close the TGP would blow up and resulting in negative points)
-Respawned TGP will use the same name if on the same vehicle
-Fixed when the Parent vehicle of the TGP was deleted, the TGP would stay
-Some fixes to TGP_Veh_Only though I would still not recommend
-Some others that I cannot remember

Alpha 0.7.9

-Added new variables (TGP_Loaded, TGP_TrippleFormat, TGP_AutoConnect)
-Added Support for HAFM Planes
-Fixed CHO F-35 TGP position
-Vehicle Numbering will have different values for each side (e.g. IND plane might be 1-blah blah a BLU person gets in and changes the side of the TGP to BLU and there is already a 1- plane, it will become 2- but still retain the IND number when the TGP is IND)
-More "Enemy" fixes (When a player has negative rating) (e.g. A negative rating player gets into a Plane that has never been used, he turns the TGP on, it will be shown as any- blah blah blah before, this is now fixed)
-A hint will now come up to tell you your TGP name when you do not have a AV Terminal assigned
-Fixed AV Terminal Disconnection when player turns TGP off and he is NOT connected to the TGP he will not disconnect from current
-Added Tripple Format (e.g. 001-blah blah) for correct ordering of TGP names
-Added Auto-Connect Settings
-Added User Action 7 shortcut to take control of the TGP
-Other small fixes and clean up

Alpha 0.8.1

-Added TGP_Auto_Ai_On
-Redone how the TGP's are spawned at the beginning.
-Some small code changes.

Alpha 0.8.7

-Added another option to TGP_Auto_Start
-Added DLC Choppers, F/A 18X & F/A 18F, FC-37 Thunder
-Added UAV camera Locking system (command was added in v1.26 (lockCameraTo))
-Changed how the number system is done a bit
-Removed the setGroupId function
-Worked on TGP's death function a bit more
-Now using faction command
-Minor code improvements here and there

Alpha 0.8.94

-Added FIR_F16C, PAK-FA & Cha_AV8B
-Added PiP (TGP_fnc_PiP)
-Added Head Tracking Mode (TGP_fnc_trackHead)
-Optional Requirement CBA, key bindings moved here, you'll receive a message about this if CBA is not detected
-Possible fix to TGP not respawning when destroyed
-Added variable "TGP_visible" usage vehicle this setVariable ["TGP_visible",true]; results in invisible TGP
-Following variables also added "TGP_PIP","TGP_PIP_Zoom","TGP_trackHead","TGP_PIP_Mode" (use getVariable)
-Plus more goodies!

Alpha 0.8.95

-Added most if not all RHS air vehicles
-Added in (experimental) key binding for toggling laser fire
-Added in on the PiP screen information if the laser is on or off (please note that even though the laser is fired it may report as off)
-Changed PiP camera's rtt, from 'rtt' to 'rendertargetpod'
-Added function TGP_fnc_getCfgSide, this should fix the issue that occurs with different factions
-Changed PiP mode a bit more
-Again more stuff that I can't remember

Alpha 0.8.96

-Added Support for new CBA keybinding (old one is now obsolete so you will need the latest version of CBA or else you will get an error from the game about the new function being missing)
-Added in new variable: TGP_Auto_Add_TGP - Controls if TGP is auto added all vehicles or none are added and they need to be manually placed.
-Changed from TGP_config = TGP_config + [ to TGP_config append [
-Also please note that there is a bug in the game (ArmA 3 v1.42) that does not allow for UAVs to change their vision modes (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23753) while in a vehicle.

Alpha 0.8.961

-Fixed small error with TGP_Veh_Only = 1

Alpha 0.8.97

-Added following Variables: TGP_crew_only, TGP_only_specfic_turrets, TGP_turret_position_override and TGP_user_classname
-Added following functions: TGP_fnc_inArrayIsKindOf, TGP_fnc_inArrayTurret, TGP_fnc_Conditions3
-Removed TGP_action (never was used)
-Added Optional Parameter for TGP_config
-All keybindings now follow TGP_fnc_Conditions3
-Added NR90
-Action now can be seen to non-crew members unless variable TGP_crew_only = 1
-Added force check to make sure that CBA version is > RC4

Alpha 0.8.971

-Added BWI SU-25K
-Fixed error during the "respawning" stage of a TGP after it had been destroyed causing more than 1 TGP to be visible! (marking as critical as it did cause some game crashes)
-Added added another line of feedback for the TGP RPT Debug

Alpha 0.8.97262

-Added in version checking of the script (and if the script contains an old version it will be overridden)
-Added in clean up of TGP_config to remove duplicates (will use the latest ones added to TGP_config) (only gets executed at the beginning of the script) (TGP_fnc_checkTGPConfig)
-Added in more parameters to TGP_config (Hide TGP, PiP selectionTexture, weapon/magazine conditions)
-Changed the attachTo part of the script to also allow strings (mempoints) (via new function TGP_fnc_getAttachToStuff)
-Redone a lot of the PiP functions to allow for 3D pip
-All commands that used the lockCameraTo in the script now follow a function (TGP_fnc_setCameraDirection)
-Added in new keybindings to allow movement of camera through these keys (TGP_fnc_cameraMoveDirection) (relative to the plane)
-Added in a new addAction (set TGP grid lock) (TGP_fnc_lockCameraGridPos)
-Added in a global kill TGP function (Lala_fnc_TGPKill)
-Removed camera shake when controlling the TGP to allow for smoother controls (a lot smoother!) (will only work via keybinding or addAction)
-Added in temporary CBA keybinding fix that should eliminate the problem about the keybinds for now until CBA fix this
-And as you would expect these all will report via TGP_RPT_Debug

Alpha 0.8.97265

-Changed so TGP creation and such are done by the server
-Changed TGP_fnc_uav_death to be executed instead by the TGP
-Majority of variables are now using publicVariable
-Some clean up
-Issue with vehicles creating more than 1 TGP and keeping a dead TGP and a live TGP fixed (using call instead of spawn)
-More RPT debug
-Fixed some issues with TGP_Auto_Ai_On and TGP_Auto_Start
-Much more, it's been a while

Alpha 0.8.972651

-Fixed a bug with setting TGPs to 'display'

Alpha 0.8.972661

-Changed TGP_fnc_addAction to accept a unit parameter to allow for new variable TGP_AddAction_AI
-Re-added in TGP_fnc_addAction the temp CBA keybinding fix
-Added in the ability for TGP to parse addon with TGP vars to be put into TGP_config (only executed once)
-Added in a while loop on players to allow for TGP_AddAction_AI to work correctly
-Fix error when having the TGP set to be invisible
-Changed some variables from publicVariable to having the third parameter in setVariable enabled
-Some changes to all TGP_fnc_conditions
-Removed some accidental "tab" spaces from CBA keybinding section
-Added in TGP_fnc_getCfgVars
-Changed systemChat messages to also tell you the version that is being loaded
-Probably some more that I can't think of

Download
dropbox-logo.png
Targeting Pod Script V alpha 0.8.972661
Targeting Pod Script V alpha 0.8.972661 Source Code
news_download_a3_3.png
Targeting Pod Script V alpha 0.8.97262
Images & Videos
2CBB82E2B13AB25A3D169B58D1E897A384C5DD43

Update
litening.png
Current progress - The model is in game and functioning! However there are some issues present and we're still working to fix them until we feel like it is playable.
Credits
-Me(Lala) Scripting
-Tajin For the base of the script
-GeraldBolso1899 For the base idea
-Raid & Catatonic For modelling
-Catatonic for UV maps
-39th Battalion For testing
-161st V-SOAR For testing Edited by lala14
Update Alpha 0.8.971

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

I kinda "created" the mod, where's my name there?

I kinda "created" the mod, where's my name there?

You cant claim copyright on ideas on these forums. If someone uses your idea to create his own content he could credit you, which happened here as you are clearly listed in the credits section. So, all should be fine.

Please deal these matters over PM (as you already did, but since you posted in public as well I am pretty much forced to reply). Continue this over PM with the author and let me know the details.

So, noob question here, I created an init.sqf, dropped the null = [] execVM "tgpalpha6.sqf"; line in there. and I dropped the actual script in the mission folder, but when I start the mission it says it cant find script "tgpalpha6.sqf"

EDIT: the script is named wrong

the script has the p and g transposed so tpgalpha6 as opposed to tgpalpha6

try a little more attention to detail there lol

EDIT2: I cant get the pod to "lock with Ctrl-T" nor can I see a screen up that has the TGP image. what am i doing wrong. This is for A3 right??

Edited by jumpartist

So, noob question here, I created an init.sqf, dropped the null = [] execVM "tgpalpha6.sqf"; line in there. and I dropped the actual script in the mission folder, but when I start the mission it says it cant find script "tgpalpha6.sqf"

EDIT: the script is named wrong

EDIT2: I cant get the pod to "lock with Ctrl-T" nor can I see a screen up that has the TGP image. what am i doing wrong. This is for A3 right??

About the "ctrl + T", it's only for dev branch right now. It will come with the next oficial arma update.

I have the same issue, can confirm the mod is for A3 since it revolves around using the darter uav

I have the same issue, can confirm the mod is for A3 since it revolves around using the darter uav

Found a workaround:

1- Switch to dev branch.

2- Run the game.

3- Switch back to stable.

4- Now the "Ctrl + T" should work

Edited by geraldbolso1899
Added the "run the game" step

the script is named wrong

Thanks the change has been done. I've also messaged Foxhound about the matter.

I think I accidentally changed the name of the sqf.

Looking forward to the addon version.Ingenious use of the Darter).I would like to ask...It difficult to add the same functionality for the RQ-11B Raven addon, or need to replace a couple lines of code? I mean replacement Darter on RQ-11B.

Found a workaround:

1- Switch to dev branch.

2- Switch back to stable.

3- Now the "Ctrl + T" should work

Tried this workaround with no joy unfortunately

Tried this workaround with no joy unfortunately

step. 2.5 - Launch game then switch

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Looking forward to the addon version.Ingenious use of the Darter).I would like to ask...It difficult to add the same functionality for the RQ-11B Raven addon, or need to replace a couple lines of code? I mean replacement Darter on RQ-11B.

Sorry I didn't get back do you but I thought some one else did or maybe I'm crazy but anyway I'm pretty sure you can't use the RQ-11B because it is a static object and the movement is scripted, so it would fly around not attached to the vehicle.

when will the dev branch be put into main circulation

What do you mean, do you mean the private version?

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

arma dev branch is what i mean.

I have no idea, its when bohemia wants to do it.

But I would say about 2 weeks maybe more or less.

Is there a way to combine this system with nuxil's TV guidance? What I mean is, the pod activates and is used for observation, then on GBU launch it switches to TV mode. If left alone it will follow the laser, but you have the ability to 'steer' it if you move the mouse.

Is there a way to combine this system with nuxil's TV guidance? What I mean is, the pod activates and is used for observation, then on GBU launch it switches to TV mode. If left alone it will follow the laser, but you have the ability to 'steer' it if you move the mouse.

I have no idea and of course I would have to ask for permission first from nuxil.

This also gives me an idea ...

He isn't working on it anymore and has made it opensource :)

Once you pickle u can go back to the pod and "steer" the bomb with the laser, but keep in mind it will only track the laser if relatively close to the initial impact point.

EDIT: Besides, not any weapon in Arma 3 has that sort of TV guidance, . I've yet to find a Real Life weapon that has that semi-active tv guidance, with the exception of TOWs, but i don't think fixed wings would ever use wire guided weaponry. In any case, i don't know any weapon that has a tv relaying an image to the aircraft and back (please do say if I'm wrong).

EDIT 2: I'm wrong, GBU-15 and AGM-130 have that sort of guidance. They're reaaally loooong range weapons. Let's see what we can do about that...

Edited by geraldbolso1899