Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Ragdoll'd

Had a huge city firefight with smoke everywhere, and guys where getting hit laying against buildings etc near actual dead bodies - you never knew who was dead or who was just hurt and might just get back up. S**t was intense.

Hey zooloo, if I get this mod and run it while playing coop with my friends on vanilla ArmA 3, and they don't have this mod, will it still work?

I assume it is just scripts, so I can run it "server-side" (even though its really just a game hosted on my comp) right?

Or no? Maybe I am incorrect, but I would like to know this.

Hey zooloo, if I get this mod and run it while playing coop with my friends on vanilla ArmA 3, and they don't have this mod, will it still work?

I assume it is just scripts, so I can run it "server-side" (even though its really just a game hosted on my comp) right?

Or no? Maybe I am incorrect, but I would like to know this.

It is not MP-Compatible, only the host will see the effects. You can however take the code from the PBO and plop it into your mission with a little editing and it should work for everyone.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Had a huge city firefight with smoke everywhere, and guys where getting hit laying against buildings etc near actual dead bodies - you never knew who was dead or who was just hurt and might just get back up. S**t was intense.

I see dead peop... Oh S%!T he's not dead!!!

Would be great to see a video of what this mod does on the units.

I second this!

ask and ye shall receive

Heh, a bit gruesome, but awesome to see how dropped units can get back up. Excellent ....

-OP

ask and ye shall receive

Great :)

Can I use this on the main post?

of course

Thanks!

don't mention it, I should be thanking you for your modding work

You're welcome, and hopefully you get it working :)

Here is my demo video conducted at Stratis Airfield. Weapon used was a Vermin (caliber .45) in semi, burst, and full-auto.

The shadows are noticeable but still I like the effect when units get thrown with each collision. Ragdoll'd! :cool:

Here is my demo video conducted at Stratis Airfield. Weapon used was a Vermin (caliber .45) in semi, burst, and full-auto.

The shadows are noticeable but still I like the effect when units get thrown with each collision. Ragdoll'd! :cool:

Great video, I'm going to have to put it on the main post when I get on my computer later!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Thank you for this mod.. i hoped for a long time to see something like this in Arma 3. Just testing it and it is amazing.. both AI and player are affected by it, i see people getting shot at, falling and then gettin up again after thinking they were dead.

An helicopter exploded close to me and the blast made me flew on the ground.. i thought i was dead and after getting up i was just slightly injured.. wow! Now this is something that will give a nice change in gameplay if it works in multiplayer..

Edited by 3lackrose

Great video, I'm going to have to put it on the main post when I get on my computer later!

Thank you! :cool:

Zooloo75, I did some tests with the velocity(because in my confounded opinion they flew to far when they ragdoll'd). You have it set at a Mutiple of 10. I reduced it to 3. The distance the units fly when in ragdoll is much more reasonable. A value of two was too low.

line 24

FROM:: _o setVelocity [(sin(_dir)) * 10, (cos(_dir)) * 10, 0];

TO:: _o setVelocity [(sin(_dir)) * 3, (cos(_dir)) * 3, 0];

Give it a try and let me know what you think.?!?

Zooloo75, I did some tests with the velocity(because in my confounded opinion they flew to far when they ragdoll'd). You have it set at a Mutiple of 10. I reduced it to 3. The distance the units fly when in ragdoll is much more reasonable. A value of two was too low.

line 24

FROM:: _o setVelocity [(sin(_dir)) * 10, (cos(_dir)) * 10, 0];

TO:: _o setVelocity [(sin(_dir)) * 3, (cos(_dir)) * 3, 0];

Give it a try and let me know what you think.?!?

Fantastic, I wasn't aware that the lower velocities were able to trigger the ragdolling. Will test when I get home.

I preffer the default behaviour of the units that get shot, for those videos... they look like as hitted by a 23mm or an RPG; but thanks for videos.

yea i tested down to two(8,4,2,3). i went to three and it worked again. With further testing at 3 i have noticed it doesnt trigger ragdoll %100. However, honestly it was a pleasant surprise, the random non ragdoll.. So I guess if you want your mod to produce %100 ragdoll every time then 4 may be the way to go.

and the second thing to note is that if your in CQC, and seriously close to enemy, you can also be injured by the way this mod ragdolls units.

Edited by Lordprimate

yea i tested down to two(8,4,2,3). i went to three and it worked again. With further testing at 3 i have noticed it doesnt trigger ragdoll %100. However, honestly it was a pleasant surprise, the random non ragdoll.. So I guess if you want your mod to produce %100 ragdoll every time then 4 may be the way to go.

and the second thing to note is that if your in CQC, and seriously close to enemy, you can also be injured by the way this mod ragdolls units.

Thanks for your observation and testing, I'll test those values when I get home and apply the changes for an update if satiable. I do plan on having the force dynamic based on the projectile or explosion.

Zooloo, you said I could use this in a mission to use it in MP.

is it as simple as extracting the pbo, then putting somthing in an init file?

Could you give me some simple directions, I would like to test if it would work

@LordPrimate - 4 seems to be great! Will throw the update on Dropbox in a few mins!

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Update released!

Ragdoll value tweaked for increased realism.

Hi zooloo75,

Thank you for your continuous development on the addon. :)

Below is a video showing some tests of the ragdoll addon. I used the latest version that you have just uploaded to Dropbox.

My question: Is the ragdolling affected by elevation and surface where the target unit is located on the map?

Reason for asking is because of the following observations as you will also see in the video:

1st location: Stratis Air Base runway

Terrain: Smooth surface, not elevated

Result: Ragdolling evident. Target units get thrown once shot at (I like it!)

2nd location: Agios Ioannas

Terrain: Surface not smooth, elevated compared to the runway

Rseult: Ragdolling not evident. Target units don't get thrown once shot at (why?)

3rd location: Stratis Air Base runway

Terrain: Smooth surface, not elevated

Result: Ragdolling evident. Target units get thrown once shot at (nice!)

4th location: Stratis Air Base

Terrain: Rugged surface, not as flat as the runway, not elevated

Result: Ragdolling evident. Target units get thrown once shot at (nice!)

5th location: Agios Cephas

Terrain: Surface not smooth as the runway, elevated

Rseult: Ragdolling not evident. Target units don't get thrown once shot at (why?)

On all test locations, I used the same target units, shot targets on the same leg spot using the same weapon but from the results, ragdolling is not evident while on Agios Ioannas and Agios Cephas as it is on Stratis Airbase. Anyone want to replicate this on their machine?

I remember doing a video about Ragdoll'd and it was on Agios Ioanas. The result, you didn't see any ragdolling effect from your mod.

Thanks for your time reading this.

i can confirm this behavior... hmm

at sea level it works fine once you start to get to higher heights. stopps working

EDIT::

Did some testing and it seems somewhere between 50-70 m in height (based off of the topography lines on the map), above that the ragdoll effect doesnt seem to affect ai. But it still effects the players. And if you stand close to them when you shoot youll be knocked down and they will not (though they'll still flynch).

Edited by Lordprimate

Hmm, that is odd. I'll look into this when I get home tonight. Thanks for investigating, asuseroako.

Elevation is not intended to affect the behavior of the effect. Hopefully it's just me using the wrong positioning command.

Edited by zooloo75