Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Ragdoll'd

We r working too on ragdoll in our A3CS
:-)

Dude I've been wanting this ever since the game got released :)

Will we see something like this
?

*dreaming*

There should be a law where every game should have Euphoria engine.

We r working too on ragdoll in our A3CS
:-)

Too bad it's vaporware ;) .

Too bad it's vaporware ;) .

I'm beginning to think he just wanted to advertise his mod on my thread. Not cool.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Did your mod gets finished today?

Not yet, expect it later today, I'm having issues with getting CBA to assign the ragdoll functionality to units.

just make it so instead of flinching every time they get hit with bullets soldiers either fall all the way down or don't play any animation at all. please :(

just make it so instead of flinching every time they get hit with bullets soldiers either fall all the way down or don't play any animation at all. please :(

That's what this mod does xD

Not yet, expect it later today, I'm having issues with getting CBA to assign the ragdoll functionality to units.

I dont know where you live, i´m from Germany and we have here 21:00 or 9PM so it will be hard "later today" ^^

I dont know where you live, i´m from Germany and we have here 21:00 or 9PM so it will be hard "later today" ^^

2:02PM right now where I'm at.

I think its time for some more documentation on CBA :P

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Hey everyone, good news! Thanks to BadBenson, I got the configs working, now to just do some minor tweaks to the ragdoll code and it should be ready within 2 hours!

That's what this mod does xD

You Sir are a legend ! Can't wait !!!!!! ;)

Release is imminent!

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Download

dropbox_logo.png

downloaded, will test asap

oh, so this mod enables ragdoll upon death. can you enable it for every hit, even wounding/not fatal?

Edited by sorophx

downloaded, will test asap

oh, so this mod enables ragdoll upon death. can you enable it for every hit, even wounding/not fatal?

It is on every hit, there's just a chance that they won't ragdoll due to the collision object not colliding with the unit. Hopefully one of the talented members of the community can make a transparent/invisible model that just acts as a collision mesh. That would help improve this mod.

for me it isn't. only on a kill :( maybe one of the mods I have is conflicting with it?

I am currently looking into this.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Redownload the mod from Dropbox, just updated it. Hopefully it's more responsive.

ok, cheers, I'll try without any mods other than CBA this time for a cleaner test

I'm probably doing something wrong. not working still. the game acts like the mod isn't enabled at all. my command line:

...\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nologs -nosplash -noBenchmark -world=empty -mod=@cba;@Ragdoll'd;

I load up the game, go to Multiplayer and host my own mission. there I just shoot at CSAT soldiers and they don't have ragdoll, they act just like usual: when hit he begins playing a set animation and then resets to normal stance. only when killed I can see the ragdoll.

what could I be missing? I'll wait for others' feedback

Edited by sorophx

I've just been having a little play and so far it seems that if you shoot either CSAT or AAF targets you will get a tilt forward (shooting from behind and aiming at centre of mass so that looks about rigtht.) It's more than the default twitch but not the falling over stuff. With a civilian one shot normally kills them. However the oddest thing is that the mod appears to override "this allowDamage false", after a few hits that unit is most definitely dead. Tested with only CBA+your mod, the latest version of ARMA 3 stable, on a nearly empty mission and with the latest download version of your mod.

line 3 of regdoll.sqf needs berfore it.

private ["_unit","_dir","_pos","_unitPos","_force","_o"];

line 28 needs this before it.

private ["_shooter","_pos","_projDir","_data","_unit"];

line 18 could be changed to this

_o setVelocity [(sin(_dir + 180)) * 6, (cos(_dir + 180)) * 6, 0]; //Brace for impact!

and

_shooter is never actually used in the script.

Use Squint. Although its an old program it works well at debugging and finding little errors that can cause unknown issues, when unchecked.