Sign in to follow this  
Manlysloth

Loud helicopter crash noise

When I crash a helicopter the noise from the crash is incredibly loud, loud enough for me to instantly rip my headset off and give me an instant headache. the audio starts cracking as well due to the loud noise. I also have my effects very low. This was happening last patch and still in this one. it happens in little-birds and the large independent transport helicopter. I don't want to test this on other helicopters as it's not good for my health.

Has anyone else encountered this, or is this on my end?

Tried to reacreate this by crashing the Hummingbird. No problem on my end. Sounds as it did before. No cracking or distorsion or anything like that.

Maybe it's a particular helicopter?

I'm redoing my settings to see if there's a problem there, but the problem's testing as I require my ears to hear and there's the potential that it might destroy my headset. but it happens on 2 different helicopters.

I am reinstalling arma 3 to see if it fixes it. Also the noise is trigged by badly damaging the aircraft, like hitting the ground hard enough to destroy the engine but without exploding.

No, but i use jsrs alot, but it happens both with and without

So i've redownloaded the entire game and the problem still persists

Updating sound drivers doesn't help, changing effects level doesn't change how loud the crash is, unless you completely mute effects.

Hi

I got the same issue, but not tested after lastest patch.

It really rips your ears off...

Do you know what your sound chip is or what motherboard model you have? as i'd like to compare it to mine to see if that could be the problem.

Yes I have got this too, I made a thread about it, same totally here, little bird and CH-49 mohawk, totally loud and hurts like shit.

Here is my thread, no one really was able to help though.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179115-Horrible-static-sound-glitch-when-crashing-helicopter-(randomly)

Just to throw this out there, even though I am sure its a game issue,I have the ASUS DSX Xonar soundcard

Well, it's highly unlikely that it's related to our pc's then as there's a bit of a difference in our audio devices, unless your soundcard uses Via drivers. maybe it could be our headsets, i use a gamecom 780.

Using AGM(authentic Gameplay Modification) and cba fixes the problem for some reason. Disabled the mods and the horrifying noises came back.

The problem still persist on the new patch, is there a possibility of getting a dev to help here?