hogthar

Design mastery weapons

I like to organize the camos, so which camo your favorite?

which camo what you don't use?

which camo what you miss in the collection?

I hope you will help me.

Well, I like the default black texture.

I was wondering if is possible (and what you think about it) to put all these camo variants in a optional .pbo.

I love the desert and AOR camos, don´t use much beehive or winter, but they could be usefull on other maps (like Thirsk winter, Namalsk), so I think the optional .pbo is a good idea for those who prefer the plain black and doesn´t want a cluttered VAS/virtual arsenal.... I don´t mind, like to have them all lol

cheers!

-Optional.pbo isn't a best idea because who don't have won't see the other players (camo) weapon.

Anyway this mod different because use lot of camo.

But i have an idea it don't be so impenetrable just somehow need to do it.

-Actually i don't like the default desert camo.

I thought i could change behive pattern(modified version) to camo desert and remove the default behive pattern.

What do you think?

Beehive is my favorite camo (actually, it's my favorite version of all the available rifles, it looks the best, imo, because it conceals the fact that texture are not high quality) :butbut:

I think all of the camos are pretty well done (probably my least favourite would be the Desert one also).

If you feel you need fewer visible options I would implement three classes; Black, Desert & Woodland and then provide optional pbos which could be used by players who wanted to change the pattern used for these (globally). So you end up with...

Black (or Winter replacement)

Desert 'Beehive' (or Multicam_Arid replacement or ATACS replacement or ADR1 replacement)

Woodland (or Multicam replacement or ATACS_FG replacement or ADR2 replacement)

...and just drop the current Desert one.

Actually its a good idea, thanks.

I see 2 options here.

1. I find a programer who can do next: Menu system where you can choice which camo what you want.

So only 1 class each weapon on virtual arsenal.

2. If i won't find somebody then i make 5 optional pbo.

a; Black, woodland, desert, winter.

b; Black, multicam, multicam arid, multicam winter.

c; Black, Atacs FG, Atacs, Atacs winted modified version.

d; Black, AOR 2, AOR 1, winter digital.

e; Black, beehive pattern version: woodland, desert, winter.

what do you think?

I wouldn't script it, scripts are troublesome and overused in A3 mods IMHO.

I don't quite follow your proposed pbo's. I'd suggest a single pbo (dm_m4.pbo) that implemented three base classes;

DM_M4_Black

DM_M4_Desert (Beehive)

DM_M4_Woodland

And then the following optional pbos which all depend on that one through RequiredAddons;

dm_m4_black_winter.pbo (change DM_M4_Black >>> Winter)

dm_m4_desert_multicam.pbo (change DM_M4_Desert >>> Multicam_Arid)

dm_m4_desert_atacs.pbo (change DM_M4_Desert >>> ATACS)

dm_m4_desert_adr.pbo (change DM_M4_Desert >>> ADR1)

dm_m4_woodland_multicam.pbo (change DM_M4_Woodland >>> Multicam)

dm_m4_woodland_atacs.pbo (change DM_M4_Woodland >>> ATACS_FG)

dm_m4_woodland_adr.pbo (change DM_M4_Woodland >>> ADR2)

And let people mix and match.

Edited by Defunkt

The best way is to use the userconfig, including a hpp file, which defines which camo you want to see in the game, say "black = 1" means available, "Beehive = 0" means it's not available.

Ok, but if you play in multiplayer and example Beehive not available for you, but your teammate use it you won't see.

Hey Hogthar,

I would like to suggest to you to make your AN/Peq-15 compatible with MRT AccFncs

I think the ASDG LightSwitch was replaced by the MRT. If I'm not mistaken, Robalo itself said to use MRT.

And about the weapons restrictions, if the same gun in my end have a config with "scope = 2" and on others end have config with "scope = 1", I will be able to see his gun?..

That's it!

Thanks mate!

Hey Hogthar,

I would like to suggest to you to make your AN/Peq-15 compatible with MRT AccFncs

I think the ASDG LightSwitch was replaced by the MRT. If I'm not mistaken, Robalo itself said to use MRT.

And about the weapons restrictions, if the same gun in my end have a config with "scope = 2" and on others end have config with "scope = 1", I will be able to see his gun?..

That's it!

Thanks mate!

Are you sure the AN/Peq-15 iyou talk about is from this mod?I can confirm the AN/Peq-15 in this mod already have such function you talk about.Or is that you want some more useful ones?

I will integrated MRT this mod(some part anyway), but priority i

focusing some new models, optimalization, and stuffs.

Let me ask you? Why do you prefer the MRT? What wrong ASDG LightSwitch?

Cool!

That's because MRT still being updated (they even added new functions after BI's 1.38 patch).

Robalo said on his thread to forget Lightswitch and use MRT.

MRT use the CBA keybinding functions that gives more freedom to us.

And I saw more modders like Alwarren saying that he will use it. So we dont need to have two mods that do the same thing.

• Like 1

Deniodan is right, right now I have to use Shift+L to switch mods on your AN/PEQ-15 while in all others (LLM01/RHS AN/PEQ-15/etc) it is MRT´s ctrl+L... the optics switch (for eotech and aimpoint magnifier) is ctrl+/

MRT is kinda evolution of ASDG functions (as deniodan said, Robalo dropped switch light command in favor of mrt functions...)

BTW, the ASDG attachments (animated bipod with TMR) is a little dislocated over the barrel of the M4/M16s of design mastery pack... if you could tweak the proxy/memory point where they attach, would be great (but as a lower priority task, of course)

cheers!

BUMP for a good reason: Hogthar, Robalo has just updated ASDG Joint Rail system and ASDG Attachments, and it kinda broke your M4/M16 pack... the optics and AN/PEQ-15 work alright with other ASDG JR compactible weapons and vanilla, but your M4/M16s doesn´t attach your OWN optics (the AN/PEQ-15 is OK thou)

You need to take a look at the update Robalo did and update your pack as well...

Cheers!

I will, but i waiting for marksman DLC.

You can change vehicle color in the arzenal, and i hope it will be working for weapons too.

Then i can fix my primary problem.

Wise way to do it, cus this new DLC will finally bring vanilla AI suppression, sonic cracks and bipods/resting, but It will certainly break EVERY mod release to date, as all previous dlcs have done (at least bootcamp did terribly)

It would be awesome to change hidden selections through arsenal, it would unclutter VA as it wouldn´t need many copies of the same weapon, just changing textures...

cheers!

Has there been any new progress on this pack? I really enjoyed using this mod, super high quality stuff. Hate to see this disappear. 

Indeed, Design Mastery ASDG JR addon must be updated, after ArmA3 patch 1.42 (or 2 ASDG jr updates ago maybe) the optics can be attached to any ASDG JR compliant weapon, but can´t on DM weapons...they only accept vanilla optics, which is a major bummer =P

Please, Hogthar, at least give us a temporary hotfix!

cheers!

It's a real shame that nothing's been happening with this mod....I loved some of these M4's (not big on crazy textures like MCAM, AOR1, etc...). I especially love the Aimpoint CompM4 as nobody else has done it with the slanted bracket (except in ACE 2 on the HK416). Please update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had never used these weapons before-but these are fantastic!The models/camo's and reloading anims and sounds are great!.I like the attachments as well. only thing I would change is the suppressed sound-it's a little loud and echoing.But great job!

Lot of things will change to the next version, new sound, reworked weapons, new veapons, and sadly less camo, all weapon got only 2 camo.
I know you guys don't happy about that, but it is necessary, i was hopeful to BIS add camo tab for weapons in arsenal.
Also i rewrite the whole config, it is now realistic and support MTR and support ASDG LightSwitch as well, witch mean you can use what you want but not required.

New release coming soon about 2 months.

• Like 6

I had to make a decision, every weapons have only 2 camo.
These camo looks like that at this moment:
AF7D0D2671C90BD7FDA78286AC6E6BBF049FE1D90E93DD786D52B20A78C8D8C38B9454428ED8DA77Are you like it or would you prefer the tipical paint?

• Like 4