Sign in to follow this  
francis

Project folder is empty after binarizing with Addon Builder

since patch 1.22. When i binarize any addons , nothing are pack to project folder , i can only see non pbo file into my temp folder with some file binarized but they arent a pbo file...

anyone know a solution ,I cannot see the pbo file when the addon builder write build succesfull . Its a pain to use ADDON BUILDER with this version cannot come back to old version ... so lame

Hhaha, a rather interesting title, but yes, I am having the exact same issue. Additionally, it no longer goes through the text showing packing.. and all the steps. It constantly stays at "Ready". Also.. the Gray addon builder now uses black text in some places which is rather confusing if you need to read what it says.

Richards

Hhaha, a rather interesting title, but yes, I am having the exact same issue. Additionally, it no longer goes through the text showing packing.. and all the steps. It constantly stays at "Ready". Also.. the Gray addon builder now uses black text in some places which is rather confusing if you need to read what it says.

Richards

yup same for me , when i pack it , its almost write in the bottom text : ready .... , and my friend have same problem but he have window 7 ,he create a shortcut on the deskop when he right clight on it he have the option to come back to an older version ... and then its alright for him but for me .I have window 8 and i dont have any option to come back to an older version if i do the same way.. so im stuck without option to pack any addons

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

im not sure if that is the good way but seem like to change the temp folder to my addon destination : Path to temp folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@testeur\addons and copied the list of files *.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;* .ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.bisurf ;*.sqm;*.ext;*.dbf;*.prj;*.shx;*.shp and now when i pack it its almost sayd ready in the bottom text but when its call succesfull i see my pbo in my addon folder with the folder of the addon (Temp) maybe it's not perfect but at least look like to work . if anyone got same problem and resolve it on another way please let me know it :)

That's why I don't use AddonBuilder. PBO Manager is much more reliable, and treats me well.

Abs

in option of addon builder i erased every lign at the file to copy *.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;* .ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.bisurf ;*.sqm;*.ext;*.dbf;*.prj;*.shx;*.shp

addon prefix and pathToSign is empty path to temp folder : C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp path to project is empty and all other case by default. then close the option and my destination directory is in my ...arma3\@testeur\addons when i pack it its not show at the destination directory i need to copy it from temp folder and then paste it to my @testeur\addons and then all work wells , but need to proceed this way. i dont want use this way anymore so im try some test to resolve it

Hello:

Is there any way to binarize an addon with PBO Manager, or is what you posted a different program?

Richards

Hello:

Is there any way to binarize an addon with PBO Manager, or is what you posted a different program?

Richards

I'm thinking abs meant pboproject.

If your serious about making a3 addons then pboproject is they wAy to go

Stop creating these senseless threads and join the big boys ;)

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files?sort=created_on%3Adesc%2Cfilename

Thanks! This was exactly what I've been looking for, I just couldn't remember the name.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

every new update to the addon builder breaks it, it makes me lol

Thanks! This was exactly what I've been looking for, I just couldn't remember the name.

And once you find out its awesomeness don't forget to come back on and tell everyone.

every new update to the addon builder breaks it, it makes me lol

Breaks what?

Thanks a lot for letting us know, there is a bug in copying the PBO into target directory that should be fixed with the next tools release (SoonTM). The PBOs are correctly packed in the temporary location, which is set in the options, you may find the output there in the meantime :icon_evil: