Sign in to follow this  
mrewok

EWK EOD Project

MrEwok you are simply fantastic in creating addons for arma3

Our team of EOD thanks for your efforts to bring more reality to our game deserves a medal of honor for that.

medal.jpg

Edited by firefox1

At this point it's just the model but i have my old detection script from the rhino. I just need to find a way to add it an make some sound variations that give you an idea of the distance between you and IED.

For detecting weapons i just need to add the classname and it should be detected :D

Maybe the speed of beeping?

Then again its not a beep beep beep right, it is like beeeeeeeeeeeep.

I thought that was how it was in ACE for arma 2, not sure.

So if its a long beep, maybe the volume of it?

Or try how they do it IRL, not sure what that is though.

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Well what if it wasnt classname to detect weapons but detect what is in one of those dropped things and find which category it falls in under arsenal, like idk how arsneal does it but it sorts under Rifle, Machinegun,sniper and pistol and explosives.

If one item in that dropped thing (in that ground container of dropped items) has a item that fits into any of those groups, then make it count as detecting something.

Sounds a little complex but would be cool, maybe somewhat unnecessary.

MrEwok - you need to put a message out to Stiltman about his and ExA's Husky that they built for A2. I'm not sure where he stands on it, but I do know that they were interested in picking it up once more and getting it into A3. Might be worth addressing at this point, seeing the rapid development you've got going on here. Great work by the way.

Yes when i talk about classNames i mean "class Launcher;" for launchers, "class Rifles;" for rifles etc.... but at this point add new objects to detect is not my priority.

First i need to find how to check if distance between the player (equipped with AN/PSS) and the explosive is going down or up.

About husky i'm gonna ask Stiltman if i can port it to A3. :)

Yeah I know, just was thinking about how to do it for the future.

Anyway, I know that you have to have a proper detection system anyway first so its cool.

That husky was pretty low quality looking and such, I don't doubt its functionality, but it looks pretty rough and has no real textures.

Hopefully if you do port it, it would not be too hard to visually improve it.

Hey everyone i've make some model improvement on AN/PSS-14 an i need your opinion on the control display:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25087216570077919/C14C9D511BC05334E190416E8164900B03FC1EB1/ (120 kB)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25087216570080946/D94FBF10936ECB959EDBBE1EE7119BEC3C9DA98A/ (103 kB)

So should i make it with digital display or old good analog control?

Also made some little tweaks on APOBS :

Sound is now in global (using cba function )

Started to work on UI:

C905291BCB57920139C8EC417A45098CD401C5E8

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25087216572004705/021E0578B8792AC0CD847956DAC24987CD06C19E/ (150 kB)

Still need to do a global particle effect and other script improvement.

Display looks ok, but its hard to tell from the screenshots.

Is the display going to display anything or just be there artificially?

I'm gonna try to make it display variations of signal but i don't know how to do it yet this point probably with PIP...

Yeah because players might expect it to work or something, might want to just do analog.

I think you should just make analog for now, and revisit the possibility of using that screen display stuff, that way you can just get more functionality of the detection system and stuff for now.

Does AN/PSS-14 have a radius of mines detection ? Or do you have to bring the plate over the mine to detect it ?

As ARMA 3 mines are not buried into the ground players might detect mines without the help of PSS and then make it useless, except if mines are in high grass.

Yes i think it's gonna be analog (for start a least).

Well it's basically a metal detector so you start detect an anomaly at 1 meter or less but i'm maybe gonna give him a bigger radius of detection, will see.

Yes with basic A3 mine system it's not hard to detect a mine because you are most of the time able to see them but my mod is gonna include custom ied's so it's not gonna be so easy :)

Well i just need to find how to make the particle effect global and an alpha version of APOBS should be released (after a little test period of course), but I have no fixed date.

First closed Alpha has just started for Apobs. I have to fix some bugs before to release public version.

I'm still having trouble with detection script for handled detector and for a lot of other things...

Also i have a lot of things in progress so be patient :)

Cool. Does this only have apobs or does it have the ieds you made?

Ok.

Is apobs for demolition? Like a big big satchel or something? I am not familiar with it really

One thing at a time, ever seen the work is something that will surprise many, a little patience.

what mrap vehicle is that?

Also,nice,screens

gg ipad commas

mrap rg31 ffaa mod

Edited by firefox1