Sign in to follow this  
Deform

Cant host MP game (v.1.22.125300)

Same problem,

Opened the ports and nothing. Do the ports need to be open on everyone's machines? or just the host?

Tried connecting direct IP also and nothing.

Steam server list didn't work eater, not responding.

Same for me , got 2 friends i can't play with .

Same issue too!!! I can't host game. No solution for now. I'm very anger! :mad:

As I heard there is liscensing issues and such. Plus do you all really expect that SUCH A HUGE switchover will go perfectly? maybe in a perfect world. But just WAIT. It will come. The switch from gamespy to steam was big. Im sure the developers are coming up with a solution that will allow us to host listen servers again. As some people, I dont feel like having to forward my ports just so some people can join my server. so the most we can do is wait and see if BI can give us back our ability to run our own listen servers. I hope I dont have to FORWARD my ports. Thats a really risky thing to do anyways. I just wanna do it with just being able to press a few buttons and boom me and my friends are good to go, like it was when Gamespy was still up.

But overall ITS JUST THE GAMESPY SHUT DOWN YOU SHOULD BE BLAMING. I'm sure BI will fix this so we can continue having fun.:bounce3:

As I heard there is liscensing issues and such. Plus do you all really expect that SUCH A HUGE switchover will go perfectly? maybe in a perfect world. But just WAIT. It will come. The switch from gamespy to steam was big. Im sure the developers are coming up with a solution that will allow us to host listen servers again. As some people, I dont feel like having to forward my ports just so some people can join my server. so the most we can do is wait and see if BI can give us back our ability to run our own listen servers. I hope I dont have to FORWARD my ports. Thats a really risky thing to do anyways. I just wanna do it with just being able to press a few buttons and boom me and my friends are good to go, like it was when Gamespy was still up.

But overall ITS JUST THE GAMESPY SHUT DOWN YOU SHOULD BE BLAMING. I'm sure BI will fix this so we can continue having fun.:bounce3:

Yeah, I'm sure it's the switchover... thing is my friends & I have not been able to play since perhaps... 2-3 patches ago? Something weird happened and I'm sure it was prepping for the Gamespy / Steam switchover... but what is more odd is the last few patches have been focused on MP stability, etc., so clearly they are trying to address the issue. I've just seen the problem compounded way more since the recent patch however, so something is really out of order.

I really hope to hear something from them asap though... I don't mind waiting, but as many are voicing, it totally sucks! Haha... I need my ARMA fix! ;^)

In effect as of the last freekin update; the 16th members are all shut down when it comes to ArmA 3 "So much for bragging on the dog!"....some of us can host (like me!) others can not! Ok I get it the gamespy is shutting down thier servers and they took away one of the easiest connecting best filtering options that was out there and they had to break it!//SHIT!\\ Whats even worse..the DEVS don't even come clean and make a post and try to explaim their position on the fouled up mess that the MP statious is in...Like the others I am not able to fidgure out how to get to a good working soloution..BUT "WTF!" I see hundreads of servers on the Co-op filter list , I am able to join...but how the hell is it that they can host and be seen? Couldn't one of them drop in here and give us newbys that magic bullet we need!!!!

***Disclaimer***

I do not profess to tell anyone I know what I'm doing.

This is what I did to get us going.

First get your router manual and read what is it says about port forwarding. This involves a port number and the IP of the computer you want to local host. That information is determined once you access the router you may want to disable your DHCP but so far I just set my TTLs to max. The port numbers I forwarded were 2302, 2310-2311, 8766 and 27016. I then set rules for ICMPv4 as shown in this link: http://www.sysprobs.com/enable-ping-reply-windows-7 so far we have been able to connect I'm not sure that all the ports forwarded were necessary but I do know that just the 8766 and 27016 did not fix our problem we've yet to run a mission but we did connect and set in the server with the mission running for a 5 minutes. We will try to run the mission tonight. Plus if your behind the router trying to connect to a local hosted server use the LAN or you will not be able to.

Good luck

Edited by Dreek

Thanks dreek , fixed it .

Fixed both hosting mp and browser killing my internet .

***Disclaimer***

I do not profess to tell anyone I know what I'm doing.

This is what I did to get us going.

First get your router manual and read what is it says about port forwarding. This involves a port number and the IP of the computer you want to local host. That information is determined once you access the router you may want to disable your DHCP but so far I just set my TTLs to max. The port numbers I forwarded were 2302, 2310-2311, 8766 and 27016. I then set rules for ICMPv4 as shown in this link: http://www.sysprobs.com/enable-ping-reply-windows-7 so far we have been able to connect I'm not sure that all the ports forwarded were necessary but I do know that just the 8766 and 27016 did not fix our problem we've yet to run a mission but we did connect and set in the server with the mission running for a 5 minutes. We will try to run the mission tonight. Plus if your behind the router trying to connect to a local hosted server use the LAN or you will not be able to.

Good luck

Last night we performed the extensive test for this method, just to see if there were any pitfalls. We successfully hosted a 4 hour session on the local hosted server, with no hiccups at all. Hopefully this will be enough to get everybody up and running and allow for server hosting via local hosts to be available again.

I am having the same problem too, unable to host a MP game with friends, tried everything including port forwarding, friends are unable to find server and can not join using the join game opinion in steam. Was working before gamespy was removed. Please fix.

Edited by SilverFox57

Have you tried Dreek method ?

The ping response thing

as I already wrote in another thread

disable windows firewall !!! (or any software based firewall in general)

it makes no sense to running a software firewall behind an already running hardware firewall from your router.

then enable follow ports on router and forward them to your server:

Ports:

UDP: 2302-2305

Ports:

UDP: 8766

Ports:

UDP: 27016

Edited by maquez

Bad idea. It absolutely makes sense to run defense in depth. Learn how to just open the ports you need and you will be smarter and better off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't even start a listen server...game freezes up and I have to ctrl-alt-del to close it. Latest stable build.

maverick,

have you installed many steam workshop missions?

had once same problem and solved it by unsubscribe all steam missions.

I have forwarded those ports and people can connect to my server.

However, please can someone tell me what needs to happen to make my server appear on the server list!

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

ok, my bad, didn't set all 3 up properly.

maverick,

have you installed many steam workshop missions?

had once same problem and solved it by unsubscribe all steam missions.

A few...but in any case, that is a pretty major issue if true.

Bp, it would help if you named exactly which ports you've forwarded. I just myself finally sorted out my router and was able to host for the first time since the update.

I have port forwarded: 8766, 27016, 2303, 2305, 27015, 2302,

Yea its a lot of ports but better be safe than sorry :)

First off thanks everyone who has posted information. I have never done port forwarding before and have learned alot in the last few days figuring it all out lol. I know i know... but i have never had to do it before and i think i have the port forwarding all done and figured out. But i have a couple of follow up questions that i was hoping folks could answer. I would really appreciate it.

1. does your coop friend need to do the port forwarding to be able to connect to a mission that I am hosting (or does only the person hosting need the port forwarding set ?

2. Once your port forwarding has been properly set up, am i then going into arma and hosting a new "internet" based mission or am i hosting it via "LAN" ?

3. Once the mission is being hosted by me, do friends connect to it by clicking on "remote" or browsing the server list with a filter set ?

4. if my friend needs to find my hosted mission via remote, what ports and IP are they putting in for the search ? Are they just matching the port that i set the mission to run on ? i Know thats probably a dumb question but i am asking it anyway.

5. does all this method of connecting to a hosted coop mission work if me and my friend are using withSIX-Play to launch Arma with addons ?

Bohemia needs to step in here and provide a proper guide on this so we are not guessing and opening up unnecessary ports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tried opening ports with no success at all..finally disconnected the router all together and could host fine with no issues...its definitely a router/port issue..and I agree BI needs to step in and get us a definitive guide especially now that gamespy is gone.

First off thanks everyone who has posted information. I have never done port forwarding before and have learned alot in the last few days figuring it all out lol. I know i know... but i have never had to do it before and i think i have the port forwarding all done and figured out. But i have a couple of follow up questions that i was hoping folks could answer. I would really appreciate it.

1. does your coop friend need to do the port forwarding to be able to connect to a mission that I am hosting (or does only the person hosting need the port forwarding set ?

2. Once your port forwarding has been properly set up, am i then going into arma and hosting a new "internet" based mission or am i hosting it via "LAN" ?

3. Once the mission is being hosted by me, do friends connect to it by clicking on "remote" or browsing the server list with a filter set ?

4. if my friend needs to find my hosted mission via remote, what ports and IP are they putting in for the search ? Are they just matching the port that i set the mission to run on ? i Know thats probably a dumb question but i am asking it anyway.

5. does all this method of connecting to a hosted coop mission work if me and my friend are using withSIX-Play to launch Arma with addons ?

1. NO

2. "Internet" if your friend is not behind your router LAN if he is.

3. Filter server "NAME".

4. He would enter the IP address assigned to you by your ISP.

5. You should be fine with six, our local host uses "PW6"

1. NO

2. "Internet" if your friend is not behind your router LAN if he is.

3. Filter server "NAME".

4. He would enter the IP address assigned to you by your ISP.

5. You should be fine with six, our local host uses "PW6"

Thanks so much Dreek, your clear precise answers were just what i was looking for . THANKS !!

Turn off the windows Firewall and remove ALiVE from your mod pack and it will work