Sign in to follow this  
Brainbug

JSRS 2.1 Problems and Troubleshooting

Since Lord Jarhead unfortunately (though very understandably) declared his project as closed (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170226-Jsrs2-1&p=2695518&viewfull=1#post2695518) and the thread along with it, I don't know where to put my question, so I had to start a new thread. Hopefully someone with some insight into JSRS can help me.

I noticed that with JSRS, the minigun on e.g. the Ghosthawk or the Little Bird has no effect on lightly armored vehicles anymore. You can test easily by putting a ghosthawk and a Irfit or similar on the tarmac and shooting at the latter. Vanilla behaviour is that the Ifrit should exploed after about 350 rounds or so. With JSRS 2.1 active, you can spend as many rounds as you want, but you can only destroy the tyres and the windows, however the hull will stay at 100% health (or rather "structural integrity" if I may use StarTrek speak^^). This breaks a bunch of missions, where you are tasked to destroy certain vehicles and the mission waits for damage=1 on the vehicle unit.

Does anyone have a clue which addon pbo I have to remove or edit (for my own SP use only of course) to make the minigun work again as intended? Or won't that work at all because there are too many dependencies within JSRS so you can't take out one piece? I also even don't know if it's just the minigun or if other weapons have the same problem as well (though I didn't notice any problems yet, but that doesn't need to mean much).

Of course the easiest way is not to use JSRS at all, but I'd lose a lot of great sounds that way, so if I can "repair" this hopefully small issue, then it would be the best solution.

Edited by R0adki11

Try removing "jsrs2_m134_c.pbo"? It is weird because he didn't change any weapon or armor values. Anyways, it looks like his addon is completely modular so you can delete individual addons easily and they are all named after what they change.

thx, I tried that, but that doesn't do the trick. I've also tried other pbos, but in vain. I'm really not sure what causes this, as all the configs really only change sound stuff. I can only say that if I take out the complete JSRS everything works fine.

Try the distance_c pbo it contains all the "guts" of the scripting maybe something is going wrong in there. Everything else is just config changes

thx for the suggestions, but neither helps :(

I'll probably just have to stop using it for the time being and hope that Lord Jarhead will resume work on it at some time in the future, after all he is the only man with complete insight and overview. Because I'm starting to suspect that this issue may not be caused by a single config line, but rather by some weird cumulative interference of different effects.

It is really weird. You can destroy ammo crates, unarmored trucks (though this also takes consifderably more ammo!), windows, but an Ifrit or buildings are indestructible (e.g. the tower on the Stratis airbase falls apart under normal conditions after just a few shots). But I don't know enough about destruction configs, armor values etc. to even get an idea what I have to look for.

Edited by Brainbug

Blew up a hunter after ~950 rounds from the pawnee M134 with JSRS 2.1

Without JSRS it took approximately the same amount of rounds to blow it up.

The Hunter was placed ~20m in front of the pawnee, so the M134 hit the hunter a bit below its headlights.

Are you sure you're not running any other mods?

Blew up a hunter after ~950 rounds from the pawnee M134 with JSRS 2.1

Without JSRS it took approximately the same amount of rounds to blow it up.

The Hunter was placed ~20m in front of the pawnee, so the M134 hit the hunter a bit below its headlights.

Are you sure you're not running any other mods?

Same results for me too. Wondering if another addon is interfering, because we've never experienced such a bug developing JSRS to the best of my knowledge.

well, here is what I did to test: I put a ghost hawk and a hunter some 50m apart on the flat surface of stratis airstrip, got in the doorgunner position and aimed right between the doors on the side of the hunter (in order not to hit tyres, windows or let deflect any bullets). Started Arma3 (current dev build) with no addons except the usual BIS stuff, went to the editor to start the test: exactly 325 rounds needed to blow the hunter up. Then went to configure-> extensions and added JSRS, restarted, did the same shooting test: no damage after all 2000 round expanded. Thus I can't but conclude that this behaviour is caused by JSRS.

There is only one real bug that, uh, buggs me, and that is that something's wrong with the RCWS lmgs' (the vehicle mounted ones, e.g. Marshall), meaning the distance sounds don't seem to work. They're not audible beyond 130m. And ffs, I haven't been able to find the error :P

yes of course, latest version (RC1) (but the earlier version beta5 made no difference either).

I notice that the latest dev build 125350 has completely borked gun sounds in first person in JSRS. Firing noises now consist of 90% receiver noise with just a hint of gunshot. I wish I knew enough about how JSRS works to attempt a fix.

I notice that the latest dev build 125350 has completely borked gun sounds in first person in JSRS. Firing noises now consist of 90% receiver noise with just a hint of gunshot. I wish I knew enough about how JSRS works to attempt a fix.

I'm pretty sure that this is caused by the new silencer/ muzzle sounds config thing. LJ would have to reconfigure the mod but this is highly unlikely, I guess :P