Sign in to follow this  
soldat_ryan

Version 1.22 and Gametracker ?

Hi,

Which protocol we have to use with new update V1.22 for gametracker ?

Gametracker is blind (servers are not displayed anymore).

:confused:

For HLSW, needs to set 2 ports now with HL protocol:

Server port and steamQueryPort (ex : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2302:27016)

EDIT :

For server admins using gametracker follow this tread on gametraker : http://www.gametracker.com/forums/forum.php?site=1&thread=94573

Edited by Soldat_Ryan

Thanks Dwarden,

So my next question is : They know it at Gametracker, they have to change protocol for Arma3 ? :rolleyes: (You -BI- told them ? )

Thanks Dwarden,

So my next question is : They know it at Gametracker, they have to change protocol for Arma3 ? :rolleyes: (You -BI- told them ? )

I can't tell every random website what to do, it's been known for many months about STEAMWORKS switch ...

I can't tell every random website what to do, it's been known for many months about STEAMWORKS switch ...

Loool. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the answer ! :)

EDIT :

For server admins using gametracker follow this tread on gametraker : http://www.gametracker.com/forums/forum.php?site=1&thread=94573

Edited by Soldat_Ryan
Gametracker thread linked

its not a bug... its a feature...

a bugged feature...

you bohemian guys...fucking up everything with every new update... slowly i lose my patience with this crap...

we are working on our 3.3.3 altis life server for days... now you come along with this downgrade... and everything is fucked up again...

no need to reinvent the wheel guys... its already there...

What the f*** are you on about? Is it BI's fault Gamespy shut down?

its not a bug... its a feature...

a bugged feature...

you bohemian guys...fucking up everything with every new update... slowly i lose my patience with this crap...

we are working on our 3.3.3 altis life server for days... now you come along with this downgrade... and everything is fucked up again...

no need to reinvent the wheel guys... its already there...

bugs were expected to happen with so radical switch ...

use the STEAM client server browser if you have issues with the ingame server browser

STEAM > menu View > Servers > at bottom in filters choose game "Arma 3"

pick server and play

note: joining passworded servers returns wrong password, will be fixed next patch/hotfix

most of the basic features works

in the advanced ones it's mainly glitches like favorites adding manually by IO fails but You can add them via selecting the server and add to favorites option

ofcourse the listing delay in the ingame browser are problematic and subject to change

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Loool. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the answer ! :)

EDIT :

ye the key was get the documentation done, approved and published ...

So we should now be able to query an Arma3 server with the source query protocol?

Also I don't understand the goal of this link "https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/STEAMWORKSquery"

Steamworks query and API are not available for basic users. You should be a game/software developper that are going to publish (or already have a game on Steam) on Steam to make something with it, no?

So Why couldn't they use the GameSpy Software and change the url it looks for from Gamespy to Steam?

So Why couldn't they use the GameSpy Software and change the url it looks for from Gamespy to Steam?

because it's completely different API and there are things like license terms ...

Problem solved :

All,

We have added support for the updated ARMA3 servers.

If your ARMA3 server is showing as dead, and you have recently upgraded to 1.22, then you will probably need to update your query port.

See the ARMA3 wiki for information on the steam query port.

By default it's 27016.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

We have not updated any ARMA3 servers query ports - you will need to do this. This was done to make things easy for server operators that plan on keeping their original query port.

Dead ARMA3 servers will start being purged from GT on Monday, June 23rd.

Feel free to post any questions in this thread.

From http://www.gametracker.com/forums/forum.php?site=1&thread=94573

It is not a problem with Arma3 but with Gametracker protocole used. Now it is update.

Check your settings on gametracker and all will be fine.

Edited by Soldat_Ryan

ive updated all my servers but my gameservers.com one doesnt wanna update still says its dead is it something on there end? all configs are the same

and it takes forever for the arma 3 servers to pop up even with filters

ive updated all my servers but my gameservers.com one doesnt wanna update still says its dead is it something on there end? all configs are the same

and it takes forever for the arma 3 servers to pop up even with filters

Be sure you set the steamqueryport (usually it is 27016) in your server.cfg and put this port when you clic on "dead" status in gametracker to update your server, not the server port (default 2302).

(change 2302 by 27016)

THIS IS ONLY TO UPDATE AN EXISTING SERVER !!!

Be sure you set the steamqueryport (usually it is 27016) in your server.cfg and put this port when you clic on "dead" status in gametracker to update your server, not the server port (default 2302).

(change 2302 by 27016)

THIS IS ONLY TO UPDATE AN EXISTING SERVER !!!

Thanks you soldat_Ryan, after reading for two hours with mainly useless suggestions this is the first solution that works!

p.s.: in the server config i changed the steam port to : 2311 this works fine, no need to change to the 27xxx port for this!

P.s.nr2: What you should have done o great wisemen of BIS is update the old port to the new one so let Steam use t he Gametracker reporting network port and then 100.000 players would not have to strugle for 5 days until they get some answers.

Edited by larsiano