Sign in to follow this  
cobra5000

youtube code

Can everyone tell me where i put this code to work:

//Open

_isOpened = openYoutubeVideo "watch?v=UBIAbm7Rt78";

in the trigger's init; .sqs script, .sqf script or somewhere else?

Depends on what you want to do with it, you can't put it in a trigger because you're using a local variable in a global scope (_isOpened), if you remove that underscore it can work in a trigger.

You could also use it in a sqf script if you're using the action menu to start the video.

In other words, it all depends on how and when you want the video to be opened.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

i put this code as .sqf file

next i put it on my player as "ap" and then put this on the unit's init:

ap addAction ["Video","Video.sqf"]

but it didn't work althought the steam layout is active

Are you using the Dev Build ?

Because that command is not included in the stable version (1.20) yet.

Biki says it's available from version 1.22 which basically means he uses DevBranch.

I know what the wiki says, but that doesn't tell us anything about the version he's using or does it? :rolleyes:

No, I'm just guessing, like you. But I don't see any other option.^^

A recent script command let's you open a YouTube video directly in the Steam overlay (if enabled). openYoutubeVideo gives quite a bit of control over the various options, since you don't just provide the video ID, but other playback parameters as well. For security reasons we have restricted its use to outside scenarios only (e.g. in the game's UI or a mod's UI). We'll be using it ourselves to link & play the Community Guide series from within the game in Bootcamp Update.

http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00061

Bolded the important part:

A recent script command let's you open a YouTube video directly in the Steam overlay (if enabled). openYoutubeVideo gives quite a bit of control over the various options, since you don't just provide the video ID, but other playback parameters as well. For security reasons we have restricted its use to outside scenarios only (e.g. in the game's UI or a mod's UI). We'll be using it ourselves to link & play the Community Guide series from within the game in Bootcamp Update.

http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00061

So you can't use it from a regular mission. The wiki really should have this info.