Sign in to follow this  
atomickrypton

How To Create A Campaign? With Additional Question Regarding Keys.

Hello all. After hours of looking around, I couldn't get this to work, so now, I am making a post about it.

First things first, I am currently creating a campaign, which uses keys to change how a mission plays out.

For example, in my 2nd mission (M02), at the end of the mission, it checks if a certain unit isn't killed. If it isn't, then this key is activated: "Mission03a" if the unit is killed, this key is activated "Mission03b". Both of these scripts are activated by a trigger at the end of the mission. In the 3rd mission(M03), at the beginning, I want the mission to detect which key was activated. Depending on the key that was activated, depends on the variable that is set to true (basically, I can change the linear path of the mission, so I don't need to make 2 different missions when it isn't necessary).

In the init.sqf file for M03, I currently have these lines:

if(isKeyActive "Mission03a") then {partA = true};

if(isKeyActive "Mission03b") then {partB = true};

But anyways, I need help packing all of these missions into a campaign so I can see if the keys are working properly. I saw a thread about packing all of the missions into a campaign for ArmA2, and it barely worked (only showed that there was another campaign under the campaign section in the play menu, and only showed the first mission of the campaign).

So long story short, how can I put missions into a campaign that includes the use of several keys throughout the campaign?

Thanks in advance, and if anything seems confusing, I'll be glad to try to make it less confusing.

There are a few threads showing campaign description.ext examples and small how-tos. I've wrote a few examples, you might be able to locate them looking in my posting history combined with the forums' search function. As for saving values like you've mentioned I would advise to use saveVar. It saves any value you like in a campaign environment and makes it available to following missions. It's even state-based, means a value carried from mission 1 to mission 2 won't be overwritten in the transition from mission 2 to mission 3. (It's relevant for reverting to earlier missions.) However, be aware that variables saved with saveVar won't be recognised within the editor or scenario sections. They're just available within and restricted to a campaign environment.

Thanks for the reply! I'll take a look at some of your examples as well as the other threads. I'll also look into saveVar.