Sign in to follow this  
Kep Kelagin

Tank driving in resistance.

Anyway, cinetic is false for these vehicles if your are not on flat surface...and we have to deal wtih it yet sad.gif

A tank should climb at higher speed and you stop a lat faster than it does so far, including in 1.75.

Once again, I am afraid that correcting this bug might represent an awfull lot of work confused.gif

A tank should climb at higher speed and should stop a lot faster than it does so far, including in 1.75.

Ok Ok i said I wouldent buy this game because of some of Codemasters choices. Well I did buy it. I suck im weak. The brakes are broke fix em. Tanks have a huge amount of tread area on them they are kinda designed that way. They stick to hills. lets drop the debate and get the brakes fixed. I used to live close to Colorado Springs. They had a tank driving course there. We used to watch them all the time. Believe me they can stop on hills, very steap ones. Tanks dont slide much. The tanks in resistance feel like they are in nutral and the brakes are shot. Even trying to control momentum by going very very slow on a steap hill is a turky shoot at best. Once you start rolling the brakes do nothing. That isnt how tanks are designed. Right now its more like a luge sled than a tank.

Hello Midas my brakes are broke on this t-80

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Simfight @ July 12 2002,10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello Midas my brakes are broke on this t-80<span id='postcolor'>

What's a T-80, but M1A1 brakes we can service no problem.

j/k

I'm still for an additional key for brakeing. Leave the current speed decrease time in for vehicles, make tanks stop almost instantly and in generel alter their behaviour to be less car like, and add this new brake key for all vehicles which will make most vehicles stop in no time. Maybe yet another idea would be to have a new choice for the command menu, with which you can set the handbrake so that the vehicle or tank will not start rolling down hills. A halt with a handbrake on cars while driving should make you slide, though.

I think this would be a nice addition.

smile.gif

Well the way it's suppost to work now is if you hit the reverse button while rolling forward, the brake is suppost to be applied (but not noticable). [stage 1]

After the thing is stopped 20s later, if you keep holding the reverse button, the tank is suppost to switch to reverse and drive backwards. [stage 2]

So I am fine with that if only the tank slowed down alot more in Stage 1.

A parking brake would be gold... tounge.gif