Sign in to follow this  
KimTuomi

Really dynamic campaign

No separate "missions" anymore, everything should be seamless. Of course, for the story, some cutscenes would be appropriate!

The island/whatever should be like it is but game-engine should remember the status of things: if some building is destroyed, it will stay destroyed throughout the campaign and not like now in OFP1: everything will be nice and clean when new mission starts.

If players kill some tanks/hardware/infantry which are supposed to be destroyed in next objectives (not mission!), they are not needed to be destroyed again. It's done!

I think nobody is that good player that they can destroy everything with limited weapon resources. If AI sees that the campaign is going "too well", it can dynamically throw in enemy reinforcements and this way, it would create a real immersion towards the campaig. Plus we get this: *Every* campaign people play are really unique! Different people play different ways and campaign will basically "adjust" for everyone. This way, the player makes the game and not like game makes the player play. Of course, the key story-points would be cutscenes and mission objectives (based on AI) would be adjusted so that the campaign goes on smooth and nice.

Also, this would be unique feature for a game like this and I honestly think that OFP2 is absolutely worthy to have it first!!

I'll just add this:

Everyone remember Resistance (of course!) ? That promised that the campaign was dynamic with transferrable hardware between missions.

Let's think that you stole some tanks in some mission, and managed to get them all back to your base camp in various conditions (one cannon is not working, some are out of ammunition etc).

Now when the next mission starts, you only have predefined amount of tanks available. Where did the rest go?? And all of the tanks are in mint condition...

Only with infantry weapons the dynamic was there to some degree: with the weapons you actually carry along!

Hope someone is commenting these suggestions, I would love to hear other's opinions about this!

You mean we should have one campaign built in one single endless mission, it would be kinda hard with only one save available eh biggrin.gif , now serious i like your idea very much, one thing i didnt like in the 1985 was to find srgt. Berghof (spl?) and the rest of the squad gone, i would like to have one permanent squad were the members would have distinct personnalities, to fear not only for me but for my teamates lifes. And maybe we could have more mission objectives but it would not be necessary to finish them all to complete the mission, our decisions would determine the sucess of the intire campaign, that would be cool smile.gif .