laxemann

LAxemann's "Climb" - Enables basic climbing in ArmA 3

Hey guys, a quick heads up:

The new CBA got an overhauled keybinding system. I already did an updated version of Climb but forgot to upload it, darn!

I won't be back home till tomorrow or saturday, expect an update then.

Note: Climb will still work, but only with the default key, which is C

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I love what this mod is making available, and I've tried installing it many times, but I can't seem to get it to work in the game.

Pretty sad, I know... :shrug:

To boil it all down, I can't figure out how to do a specialized keybinding to get this to work. If memory serves me correctly, the default key is "C" but I have that dedicated to going prone. After playing with the keyboard this way for over a decade, my muscle memory is such that there's no way I can remap the prone key to any other location, so...

I've tried finding decent tutorials to do custom keybindings, but my luck was abysmal.

Could someone please help me out by supplying a detailed, step-by-step, "for rookies" tutorial on how to do this so I can get this mod operational in-game?

I love what this mod is making available, and I've tried installing it many times, but I can't seem to get it to work in the game.

Pretty sad, I know... :shrug:

To boil it all down, I can't figure out how to do a specialized keybinding to get this to work. If memory serves me correctly, the default key is "C" but I have that dedicated to going prone. After playing with the keyboard this way for over a decade, my muscle memory is such that there's no way I can remap the prone key to any other location, so...

I've tried finding decent tutorials to do custom keybindings, but my luck was abysmal.

Could someone please help me out by supplying a detailed, step-by-step, "for rookies" tutorial on how to do this so I can get this mod operational in-game?

Hey mate!

No worries, I'm here to rescue you, haha!

Climb uses CBAs keybinding system.

Just go into your regular controls in the menu and on the buttom it should say "Configure Addons".

It looks like I can't access the Configure Addons menu selection.

After reading the Read Me for TPW, it states that one can't gain access to configuring addons if one is skipping the intro/world at startup. So, I ensured that the intro wasn't skipped and the same for the intro. It didn't help.

The Read Me also states that one can configure mods if one attempts to do so in the midst of a mission. I tried this as well, with no success.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm stuck with - lines of ghosted out options so that I can't access moving/altering the addons that Arma is detecting...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2e23ziq&s=8#.VSn4TIxhr3g

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like I can't access the Configure Addons menu selection.

After reading the Read Me for TPW, it states that one can't gain access to configuring addons if one is skipping the intro/world at startup. So, I ensured that the intro wasn't skipped and the same for the intro. It didn't help.

The Read Me also states that one can configure mods if one attempts to do so in the midst of a mission. I tried this as well, with no success.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm stuck with - lines of ghosted out options so that I can't access moving/altering the addons that Arma is detecting...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2e23ziq&s=8#.VSn4TIxhr3g

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What he means is that you can't access the menu in an "empty world", so you have to go into the editor or the running game first.

1. Make sure you're starting up CBA (which you seem to do)

2. Just don't use ArmA's "expansion" thingy but command line parameters... (Thousands of tutorials out there) :)

3. Oh, and make sure that you have the LATEST CBA version, it got updated a few days ago.

Dropbox link doesn't work anymore. Besides, any chance this could be added to the workshop?

How would one installed this to run server-side as it is not on the workshop, clients cant DL it.

Therefore it should be in the server PBO addons, but must I reference it somewhere as the addon configure is not appearing?

10 hours ago, Silvrav said:

How would one installed this to run server-side

You can't

10 hours ago, Silvrav said:

as it is not on the workshop, clients cant DL it

There was a time before the workshop. Where users downloaded mods manually 👻

Same you have to do here. This is not a server only mod.

• Like 4