laxemann

LAxemann's "Climb" - Enables basic climbing in ArmA 3

Cheers for update. :)

Headsup on save/load missions. Using "moduload" after a saved game can "break" the button function like "C" combat stance and make combat stance be stuck (cant lower weapon again), so change the button for for the climb button in the userconfig to some button that is not used. The mount addon can break as well after loading up moduload and get stuck in a loop. As of now it seems hard to use these combined in a mission where you save/load a lot. Usually i dont play save/load missions and dont often see mods stop functioning, but just a headsup if someone wonder why they might act weird. ;)

Cheers for update. :)

Headsup on save/load missions. Using "moduload" after a saved game can "break" the button function like "C" combat stance and make combat stance be stuck (cant lower weapon again), so change the button for for the climb button in the userconfig to some button that is not used. The mount addon can break as well after loading up moduload and get stuck in a loop. As of now it seems hard to use these combined in a mission where you save/load a lot. Usually i dont play save/load missions and dont often see mods stop functioning, but just a headsup if someone wonder why they might act weird. ;)

Hey mate,

I forgot to write that I changed the way the mod handles the key input a bit, no guarantee but it _might_ work with the newest version. Try it out if you feel like doing so! :)

Good job bro, :D the addActions are working now.

I just tested it on a dedicated server with a friend; the only problem we have now is helping someone onto an object. The person receiving the help ends up inside the object instead of on top of the object with the helper. It's like the person receiving help isn't being pushed up far enough on the Z axis.

The objects tested were:

• large hesco barrier (Land_HBarrierBig_F)
  • one story house with flat roof (Land_u_Addon_02_V1_F)
  • shipping container (Land_Cargo20_military_F)

Regardless, great addon!

Hah, mate, you did it! :)

Just tested now for a couple hours and saved/loaded dont know how many times - it works flawlessly. I did however change the button to "<" to be sure i dont get combat stance locked, but that might be fixed as well.

Cheers for the awesome update. ;)

EDIT: After shutting the game down and started it up today, loaded my save, climb did not work. Did the moduload and got it working, but it breaks other stuff. Is there some script command that is missing to get this working or anything else? Its just too good to stop working. Maybe BIS could help here...

Edited by Alex72

I just tested it on a dedicated server with a friend; the only problem we have now is helping someone onto an object. The person receiving the help ends up inside the object instead of on top of the object with the helper. It's like the person receiving help isn't being pushed up far enough on the Z axis.

The objects tested were:

• large hesco barrier (Land_HBarrierBig_F)
  • one story house with flat roof (Land_u_Addon_02_V1_F)
  • shipping container (Land_Cargo20_military_F)

Regardless, great addon!

Oh, sorry, didn't see your post!

That's strange, I currently have no opportunity to test this myself, can someone confirm the issue?

No Idea what causes this...

@Alex, nice, glad it's working now! :)

I have a little suggestion, same feature of climb, for descend. Many times climb to position, but when i need descend, is very high and my soldier is injured when descend. Please study the possibility to descend too, thanks.

For the sake of the kittens

dos-gats-pujant-per-un-ar_4a5f1866566c7-p.jpg

I have a little suggestion, same feature of climb, for descend. Many times climb to position, but when i need descend, is very high and my soldier is injured when descend. Please study the possibility to descend too, thanks.

For the sake of the kittens

http://www.trencaclosques.cat/imatjes/dos-gats-pujant-per-un-ar_4a5f1866566c7-p.jpg

Kittens rule!

And you may want to have a look at... this one from Gole! :)

Thanks, is good addon, but have some problems for me. The jump system is already in the AGM i use. and high jump is too fast. It should be a slow process, to simulate the lift. One soldier loaded with equipment, not would jump from as high if not to break your legs.

I think this addon is a good base to incorporate that feature to your addon.

Oh, sorry, didn't see your post!

That's strange, I currently have no opportunity to test this myself, can someone confirm the issue?

No Idea what causes this...

I can confirm this as late as it is. On buildings the person you pull up will normally go inside the building. I also noticed that when you throw a rocket launcher over a wall the launcher and the rocket become separate which is a bit of a pain when trying to move fast, is there a way to keep it loaded when you throw it over?. Great mod though as it really changes gameplay! I really look forward to being able to throw backpacks.

Edited by Vulcanexius

Thanks for the feedback, peeps.

One last thing I'd like you to confirm... the "push" (you and the requester being at ~the same height) works, but the "pull" doesn't, right? Fixed! =)

As for the seperated AT ammo, sorry, but I think I won't be able to fix that since you can't add a loaded weapon into a crate/holder/container/whatever AFAIK. :/

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Alright, UPDATE!

DOWNLOAD VIA DROPBOX (1.2)

Changelog:

1.2 • Pulling another player up won't cause him to get stuck anymore. Enjoy your full mutual support! :)

Edited by LAxemann

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You are a hero to the Soviet Union good sir! This mod will make city firefights much more exciting and open up whole new avenues and approaches! Shame about the missile thing but hopefully the ARMA Devs will solve it. Nice work man look forward to seeing what you have next! (Hopefully a descending situation as Gole's has the silly vault mod which is overpowered!)

You are a hero to the Soviet Union good sir! This mod will make city firefights much more exciting and open up whole new avenues and approaches! Shame about the missile thing but hopefully the ARMA Devs will solve it. Nice work man look forward to seeing what you have next! (Hopefully a descending situation as Gole's has the silly vault mod which is overpowered!)

Haha I've done it for my country... or something like that! ;)

As for the descending stuff, I never used Gole's mod tbh but if it's well-functional, why don't you guys just ask him to release a version without the jumping? :)

I, why use server side for L_climb_throw & L_climb_answer ?

can i switch it to HC ?

This is a great idea. Thanks for the work.

Would it be helpful in future versions to have a look at the roll animation perhaps for going over the wall?

Would be nice if someone was working on increasing the distance you can fall. I've died from heights that real soldiers are expected to jump from and hit the ground running when they do obstacle courses.

Alright, alright, since quite some people suggested the dropdown feature, I'll look into it.

Or better, a basic functionality is already implemented in my current version, just gotta fine tune it. :)

Lexemann, why use server side for L_climb_throw & L_climb_answer ?

UPDATE 1.25

Allright, the fixed Version,

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

1.25 • No animation slowdown by fatigue anymore

Upcoming/ WIP:

- Descending (with and without the help of other players)

Edited by LAxemann

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is cool. Are you going to create custom animations for this? if you could pull that off this mod would be amazing.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

DOWNLOAD

1.26 • Fixed the 1.25 bug of not being able to help eachother

Thanks to [Knight] for pointing this out on the ArmAholic Forums!