laxemann

LAxemann's "Climb" - Enables basic climbing in ArmA 3

That is why I mentioned ArmA 2 Buildings. There are many ArmA2 maps that are able to be used on ArmA3 with A3MP or All-in-Arma. Many of the village buildings for the middle east or africa, especially community made ones, are much lower in height and logically could use a buddy system to put men on the roof. I think they will be within the 3-3.4m range but wanted to make sure you had considered those in your testing.

Oh, I see - well, it will work for sure if they are withing the ~3m range! :)

Expect the next update tomorrow or the day after tomorow, prom tonight and I gotta leave soon :D

Seems to stop working after 1 or 2 load saved games (tested in Pilgrimage mission).

Great mod. Thanks. :)

UPDATE TIME!

Changelog:

1.1 - New features, fixes, stuff

• You now can help other players by either pushing them up when you're on the same level

or pulling them up when you're higher than them. Do so by looking at the player and double-tapping

the climb key

• You now can throw your launcher over the obstacle in order to be able to climb

• You now can climb over/on small obstacles even when carrying a launcher

• You must not hold shift anymore thanks to Kerc Kasha! By default, double-tapping

the climbing key is enough, but you can now define if you'd still like to press

shift in the userconfig

• Fixed some smaller issues

• Changed the way the mod works a bit

1.01 - Key overwriting workaround

• You now have to press SHIFT + double-tap the climb key

• You no longer can climb while being very exhausted

1.0 - Initial Release

DOWNLOAD VIA DROPBOX (1.1)

Showcasing the new version:

Take a loot at the known issues on the first page and...

Have fun! :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Alex72

I am not good at technical stuff so i'm not sure if this solves your problem but often CBA fails to start if you load a saved mission. Check out the info about Moduload: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172827-Moduload-%E2%80%94-Save-Game-Mod-Initializer I hope this helps.

Cheers mate will check that.

The mount mod works after several saves/loads, but not this one. Was hoping LAxemann found what it is.

Oh, and cheers for the update. ;)

Cheers mate will check that.

The mount mod works after several saves/loads, but not this one. Was hoping LAxemann found what it is.

Oh, and cheers for the update. ;)

Ah, I kinda didn't see your comment, sorry for that, mate!

I'm having a guess on what causes this, I'll update the mod as soon as I can, which also gives me the opportunity to sneak in the server key I forgot to include in the last release... whoops :D

Ah, I kinda didn't see your comment, sorry for that, mate!

I'm having a guess on what causes this, I'll update the mod as soon as I can, which also gives me the opportunity to sneak in the server key I forgot to include in the last release... whoops :D

Missing a mods post?! :eek: Hmm what punishment fits here...

Nah, with a reply of a possible fix how can i stay mad? ;) Looking forward to the update. Was hard trying to stay alive for hours on end cause i didnt want this nifty mod to stop working lol.

Thanks for looking into it.

Missing a mods post?! :eek: Hmm what punishment fits here...

Nah, with a reply of a possible fix how can i stay mad? ;) Looking forward to the update. Was hard trying to stay alive for hours on end cause i didnt want this nifty mod to stop working lol.

Thanks for looking into it.

Soo, as Alpha-Kilo stated the problem seems to be CBA which doesn't re-initialize CBA-dependent mods.

He also was right that Moduload should fix the problem. :)

Have fun :D

Soo, as Alpha-Kilo stated the problem seems to be CBA which doesn't re-initialize CBA-dependent mods.

He also was right that Moduload should fix the problem. :)

Have fun :D

Well isnt that stupid? 2 animation mods and one works fine without extra fluff. :mad:

I'll test the fluff. Cheers for checking. ;)

We've got some problems with the mod: Cannot push/pull other player up, and cannot thrown launcher over walls.

Despite that, the mod works just great.

We've got some problems with the mod: Cannot push/pull other player up, and cannot thrown launcher over walls.

Despite that, the mod works just great.

That's weird!

Make sure you've got the latest version (check your changelog in your @L_Climb folder).

If you have the newest version, checking your key bindings in the userconfig might be a good start. Let me know if I can help you!

That's weird!

Make sure you've got the latest version (check your changelog in your @L_Climb folder).

If you have the newest version, checking your key bindings in the userconfig might be a good start. Let me know if I can help you!

Yeah, we have the latest version, bindings are the default (double tapping C). Gonna try and bind it to another button. Will edit this if it works or not.

EDIT: changed the key, basic climbing works, the rest s not.

Edited by Sitrepo

Oh, is Climb running on the server?

Well, we have different Arma sync repositories, and Climb is in the one called "Optional", that means you don't have to run that. I don't know if you have seen the TADST, we run the server with it. Now in that, this mod is not ticked. I hope you understand what i'm saying.

@Sitrepo, make sure that Climb is running on the server, it should work then :)

// Update Time!

DOWNLOAD V1.1.1

Changelog:

• Improved player detection so that only players in front of you will get a request

Also, I've included the server keys this time ;)

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

@Sitrepo, make sure that Climb is running on the server, it should work then :)

It conflicts with some other mod we think, just cannot find it. But I can send you the .rpt file if you want.

What's stopping this from being used through the action menu instead of using a key?

Because some (most?) of us prefer to have as little to do with the action menu as possible.

Great job, by the way. Forgot to type it earlier.

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this bug, but it seems like any part of this mod that involves an addAction (like throwing a launcher before climbing) does not function on a dedicated server.

My group tested this mod yesterday and everyone had the same result.

Here's some information on the situation:

• all clients and server have mod installed
  • actions that solely using the 'climb' hotkey work fine (climbing unassisted without a launcher)
  • tested in multiple missions
  • addAction functions on a listen server, but not on dedicated (tested using the same mission)

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this bug, but it seems like any part of this mod that involves an addAction (like throwing a launcher before climbing) does not function on a dedicated server.

My group tested this mod yesterday and everyone had the same result.

Here's some information on the situation:

• all clients and server have mod installed
  • actions that solely using the 'climb' hotkey work fine (climbing unassisted without a launcher)
  • tested in multiple missions
  • addAction functions on a listen server, but not on dedicated (tested using the same mission)

Thanks for reporting the issue, I'll look into it ASAP!

I shouldn't just assume that it works fine on a dedi aswell, I think ;P

Edit:

Does anyone know if CBA_fnc_globalEvent ignores the dedicated server?

Edit 2:

Okey, seems as if the dedi somehow doesn't execute the server init... gonna be a long night

Edit 3:

I'm getting real close

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Alright!

UPDATE:

DOWNLOAD VIA DROPBOX (1.1.2)

• Everything should work on a dedicated server now (Thanks to Sitrepo and SENSEII for pointing this out!)

Edited by LAxemann