Sign in to follow this  
Kasatka

Resistance sounds....

BIS whats happen to the sounds??

... M16 sounds and Ak sounds are horrible.... why FN FAL have the same sound as the H&K G3?

I hope you fix it in the next patch... smile.gif

BTW- I love resistance, very nice looking graphics, bealtifull island, nice campaing... very good BIS... of course the game have some bugs... but nothing that can't be fixed in the nexts updades... wink.gif

Thank's again BIS tounge.gif

The new AK and PK sounds are very realistic IMO, especially the AK which sounds just like a real AK. The M16 is not bad, but the three round burst is far too slow and sounds like three individual shots.

FNFAL and G3 use the same 7.52x51 bullet. Perhaps that is why they sound the same.

Well, considering the FAL is about as close to the G3 you can get without it seeming like France is ripping off Germany's designs a la what China did to the USSR back in the bad old days, I wouldnt be surprised that they sound similar. At any rate, Im gonna stay away from any weapons made by Fabrique Nationale, thank you very much.

The sounds would be ok if they had just a little more reverb, they sound like your firing in a wooly room with wool in your ears confused.gif

Thats probly cause someone 'BabaZed'd your antenie off! wink.gif ...

Never having experienced Satchels sound pack, the Resistance sounds are a great improvement over the originals IMO. you're never gonna get it right without your ears ringing like a doorbell afterwards anyway!.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 14 2002,14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, considering the FAL is about as close to the G3 you can get without it seeming like France is ripping off Germany's designs a la what China did to the USSR back in the bad old days, I wouldnt be surprised that they sound similar. At any rate, Im gonna stay away from any weapons made by Fabrique Nationale, thank you very much.<span id='postcolor'>

belgium you dumbass (j/k)

FN = belgian weapons manufacturer

Well, to start, I got the right continent, and thats something. Next, although Belgium and France may have different ideas, I consider them basically as one (sorta) big meta-country. When you speak the same language, get invaded by the same people, and- well, you get the picture. My mistake smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 14 2002,16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, to start, I got the right continent, and thats something. Next, although Belgium and France may have different ideas, I consider them basically as one (sorta) big meta-country. When you speak the same language, get invaded by the same people, and- well, you get the picture. My mistake smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ROFL

Typical US attitude.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 14 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, to start, I got the right continent, and thats something. Next, although Belgium and France may have different ideas, I consider them basically as one (sorta) big meta-country. When you speak the same language, get invaded by the same people, and- well, you get the picture. My mistake smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

typical Canandian attitude tounge.gif

lol WE ARE DIFFERENT

BELGIANS ARE DIFFERENT FROM FRENCHS

WE EAT FOOD THEY EAT FRENCH FRIES WITH MUSSELS

mad.gif

tounge.gif

wow.gifmad.gifbiggrin.gif

Ok, as far as the sounds go in Opf:R they sound NOTHING like the real things. I've looked and looked for Satchel's sounds for Resistance but they dont't exist yet. An AK-47/74 sounds NOTHING like an M-16. Satchel had it down pat. The blackhawks sounds like poop and the T-72 and T-55s which both have Diesel engines sound like pewp. You'd think that BIS could tell a guy to go out to a gun range or something with a DAT recorder and get some good sounds. I enjoy the expansion greatly but the fact that I cant use the GREAT sounds that rekindled OPFL in the first place are gone. To be honest the only reason i bought OPFL:R was so i could use the Little Bird addons(Ah/Mh/Oh-6).....I know petty but i have to put in my two cents wink.gif

You could try my soundpack OntosMk1. It uses several samples from Satchel's Dynamic Range pack and works with Resistance. I'm certain you will find it an improvement over the default sounds anyway. Link is in my sig. smile.gif

I acctually had a few snails recently they were quite nice but we still hate the french smile.gif Particularly the way their politicians care about NOTHING but France. Aside from that well heres something I go into a French resteraunt and ask for a well done steak (cos if u ask for it medium in France its still alive) and the waiter says "non" before giving me a lecture about how French are fantastic eaters and you Barberous brittish dont know food. Naturally I gave him my best dont fuck with me Gaston look and buggered off.