teacup

Sukhoi-22M4, Soviet attack aircraft

Very nice aircraft. Thank you for sharing it with us :cheers:

Absolutely amazing work! This is by far one of the most well done vehicle mod's I have seen in A3, I hope other people follow in your steps and dedicate as music time as you have to truly complete one model instead of realeasing a massive mod filled with uncomplete and buggy units as is some what common thus far.

Is there any chance you will ever work on a Sukhoi Su-25 or Mi-24 mod? these are two of my favorite aircraft ever and I would love to have them in A3 so much!

Very impressive work you've done. For real. I love the sound for the flaps and landing gear. And the flap indicator shows green. Very nice attention to detail. And I love the textures you've done as well. Great job.

Congratulation for the release! Thank you for the amazing work!

Is there any chance you will ever work on a Sukhoi Su-25 or Mi-24 mod? these are two of my favorite aircraft ever and I would love to have them in A3 so much!

I wouldn't say never, specially since i also did an extensive photo-walkaround (with texturing in mind) of the Mi-24 as well, when i was at the Krumovo Air Museum in Plovdiv. And a bunch of Mig-23s:

53a00381809f4.jpg 53a003819b29b.jpg 53a00381b58ac.jpg 53a00381cfdf2.jpg 53a00381ea6d6.jpg 53a003821081a.jpg

But short/medium term, probably not. First i will have to finish the Su-22 (might even port it to a flightsim), then i have 2 more addon/mod ideas that have nothing to do with aviation, and i also have to earn a living between these :)

hey tea there is a chanche, that you update this stunning plane with the hands animation on cloche?

That's exactly what I was waiting for. Stunning mod, thank you :)

Are you going to release 2-seater?

hey tea there is a chanche, that you update this stunning plane with the hands animation on cloche?

Not sure what you mean by "cloche", if it's the hands moving along with the flightstick and throttle, and the feet being connected to the pedals, then yes, these features will be in the next release - but that's going to land late summer-ish, or in the autumn.

This mod absolutely rocks, nice model and great sound. Some more improvements and it iwll be legendary :)

-2 seat version

-Wingtip trails

-Arms animation on flightstick

-Service menu (would be awesome)

-Openable canopy

-Some minor bugs fixed (like flickering rocked pod)

Regards and thx one more time for that mod.

I don't intend to do a 2 seater trainer. Had trouble finding decent photografic reference for the one seater cockpit, the instructor pit will be even harder to document I imagine. Unless someone can get into one of them and photograph/measure the hell out of it..

Features like moving stick/hands and most other things present in the stock ArmA3 planes, will be there upon next release. Some however are problematic. Wingtip trails and position lights for instance, because of the variable-sweep wings connected to flaps action. If i just inherit them, tip lights and trails will stay in one place while the wings fold out, so I will have to resort to some (scripted?) hackery and see what works.

What do you mean by flickering rocket pods?

Edited by teaCup

I meant UB-20 pods, their texture tends to flicker sometimes. Not sure though if it's just me, or everybody else :)

Take your time, this plane is awesome already.

Edit: found bug. This buzzing background of plane sound won't turn off after engines were turned off. You can hear it all the time :)

Edited by Shipbreaker

this is more of a inconviencence that a actual problem but when you spawn in the jet you are spawned as a combat life saver rather a pilot also do you plan on adding ejector seats similair to john spartan f18/su35 ?

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Edit: found bug. This buzzing background of plane sound won't turn off after engines were turned off. You can hear it all the time :)

i dont get that bug

Great work man, loving the level of detail in the cockpit, nice touch with the camera too.

do you plan on adding ejector seats similair to john spartan f18/su35 ?

I plan to make 2 branches of the aircraft: one basic, without any scripted or complicated extras, and one more detailed/realistic. The latter will have a brake chute, ejection seat, afterburner, and perhaps a better damage/destruction simulation. And no radar. And would be more difficult to fly.

I don't know yet. It might, but the current proxy/arming system is so complicated, that i might just do several fix loadouts (mixed like it is now, bomb heavy, ATGM heavy) instead of fully customizable pylons. All of the weapons are stand-ins right now, they are ArmA3 stock, except for the FAB-250s from ArmA2 masquerading as FAB-500s. But it will get an authentic assortment of weapons eventually, giving mission makers some options.
Insofar as the fixed loadouts, you can either use the example of the jet sample included with the Arma 3 Tools (having all weapon proxies placed with corresponding named selections and using specific hide "animations" per loadout) or use the method that dezkit's Ivory Aircraft fighter releases use (check the unbinarized sources) and which my F-35B port uses. :)

Thanks for the tip, I will take a look.

I spend hours in this aircraft man! Thank you for this most awesome contribution!:bounce3:

I'm glad you like it. Thank you for your appreciative comments, everyone. It makes the tough 6 months leading up to this release easier to forget.. :)

• Like 1

Hi tea cup,

i have suddenly hit an issue with the aircraft.When trying to take off,the plane cannot.Its like its stuck in place although i can hear the engines roaring.

Strange as it did work two days ago.Perhaps AGM mod(the air) pbo,is causing issues? Im not sure will test now,has anyone else had this issue?

Disregard comment: Its too ealry,i had confused your air craft with another soviet one. The frogfoot.Its a little early in the day here for modding:)

Edited by redarmy

Thanks guys, I've noticed rocket sounds are gone. But since it's not a game breaker, I will not do a fix just for that. Instead, I will fix it in the next larger, more consistent patch. No point in doing lots of little updates, creating more internet noise for what is basically a niggle. I'm a dick like that, taking my sweet time with everything.. :)

Great addon man! Look forward to the completed mod. Hopefully one with loadsa dumb bombs on it :P

teacup is it possible a version for AAF faction? i thought the aaf insignias on this jewel are amazing

I'm starting on new camo textures, and will try to make one for AAF as well.