teacup

Sukhoi-22M4, Soviet attack aircraft

Small update, version 1.1, download links and details on page 1.

Changes:

- fixed texture bug on unmarked version

- fixed rocket sounds muted by official patch

- fixed brake chute skinning bug (there was one floating vertex)

- added flight stick/pedal animations in the cockpit

- added Polish and desert textures and markings

- replaced ArmA2 bombs with new ones

Known issues:

- new bombs receive no projected shadow

- brake chute script missing from this PBO, for those who wanted to tinker with this feature

Edited by teaCup

now is perfect! the best model in arma 3! ;)

little question why don't use the vanilla pilot character?

little question why don't use the vanilla pilot character?

I forgot. It's going on the list for next release.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for Su 22 mod !!!!!!!, as it would be now with the Su 34 was indeed included in Arma 2, no one has done this. :bounce3:

Hey TeaCup, finally got to fly the Su22M4 again today... and I really missed the weapons UI! I know this old aircraft has a spartan HUD, but I really can´t tell which weapon I´ve toggled and as the cockpit weapon selection indicator is just a plain texture, there´s really no way to know which weapon is armed!

Could you please at least add a text on HUD (rockets, AA, gun, bombs, ATGM) or give back the weapons UI? Or am I missing some other indication on the cockpit?

Great update, nonetheless!

cheers!

The game's standard 2D overlay GUI in the right-upper corner is still there, still showing both the selected weapon name and ammunition type. In addition, the crosshairs change accordingly as well. None of that is immersive, but it's easy to tell your active weapon.

I'm not inclined to add info to the HUD that's not realistic. The only thing shown now is a targeting reticle used when the HUD is running in backup mode (from what i understand). But if someone could provide detailed information, i would gladly make a more detailed and realistic HUD, one that changes with each selected weapon, etc..

Wow, geraldobolso´s HMD mod is somewhat interfering on your mod, cus I didn´t have any UI for the weapons and thought it was intentional... sorry to bother, well at least we now know there´s this conflict with HMD mod (probably the Wipeout version HMD) thou the Su22M4 has no HMD - the wonder bugs RV4 engines offer to we all lol

[Edit] Indeed, geraldobolso´s HMD mod for Wipeout or choppers (or both) is causing the Su22M4 GUI to disappear... if I disable the mod, I can see the weapons UI, sorry to bother, Teacup, it was another mod issue (conflict)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Loving the Su-22 teaCup! It is a fantastic mod and very well done.

If I might make a few very minor requests for slight config changes for better ACE compatibility if you ever get around to releasing a 1.2:

Could you make a change to the default crew class:

crew="O_medic_F"

to

crew="O_pilot_F"

Not a big deal for base gameplay, but with ACE's stock G-LoC effects, non-pilot slots might as well be armchair pilots for all the G loading they can handle.

Likewise, if you could add the canLock = 2; to your TCP_R60 and TCP_FAB500 cfgWeapon classes.

class TCP_R60: Missile_AA_03_Plane_CAS_02_F
{
	canLock = 2;

Again, for stock gameplay inheriting from parent classes is fine, but ACE digs in and resets canLock to 0 or 1 for parent classes, which your weapons then inherit and lose the ability to lock onto any air targets/laser designators. (I realize real FAB-500's are unguided ordnance, but my guess is your intention is to let them lock designators for gameplay purposes.)

Much appreciated if you don't mind releasing an update. I have on my far-too-long to-do list to see about making the parachute multiplayer friendly by default. I'll certainly let you know if I get around to it. :)

Hey Iron, of the nonferrous variety,

Your config suggestions make a lot of sense: the first one is a quasi-bug (medic pilots), and i would gladly confirm locking for the mentioned weapons, to override ACE. But in themselves, they're not enough for another release, and i don't have much else prepared right now. But i'll be sure to include them in my next update, whenever that happens. In the meantime, i suggest you make your own little config patches to solve these probblem, and play like that.

Hey, do you plan to include more camo? Like for CDF, TK, SLA?

In case, can u make a camo for the "african conflict" mod from Massi? I Think it could be perfect to add your su-22 to the african units!

No new camos for a while, other things have priority, like customizable weapon loadouts, etc.. But you can always make your own camos, it's not that hard, and the camo selections are there to allow for a config or scripted type camo swap.

Love this mod... But seems the I cant lock the R-25's onto anything... There's a texture error on the starboard nose and the cockpit lighting makes it very hard to see out of the window when Taxiing. Otherwise still a great mod. I hope you get round to fixing these little bits

Alright, Here is the Targeting Pod System that supports current verison of SU-22

https://www.4shared.com/zip/XOM4fHT4ba/TGP_Script_Masnooper_v10.html

Change log:

= Modified and corrected most of existed planes
= Added support of USAF 2015
= Added support of standalone SU-22 and SU-34/32
= Added support of Tec CSAT Project: Keftar & Shahan

• Like 1

i got a problem, after landing, the pilot is always wounded and often the hull is damaged without reason.

i tried in last devbranch and only with this mod

TGP_Script_Updated_by_Masnooper_v2.0

This is an script file that

Adds a TGP System (Targeting Pad) to most of good planes available.
It has a monitor!!! :-D oh! and a PiP via * (use Numpad's "." to change view)
Can track moving targets, even soldiers.
Can lock on buildings, ground and whatever else.
FLIR Thermal Night vision and etc...
Different zoom levels. Good for scouting and lasing and other things :)

Main Authors: Lala14, Tajin
Modified & Updated by Me

Change log:

v2.0
= Added support of Firwill's standalone planes; F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-2

v1.0

Download Link:
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186882-modified-and-updated-targeting-pad-system/

TGP_Script_Updated_by_Masnooper_v2.0

This is an script file that

Adds a TGP System (Targeting Pad) to most of good planes available.

It has a monitor!!! :-D oh! and a PiP via * (use Numpad's "." to change view)

Can track moving targets, even soldiers.

Can lock on buildings, ground and whatever else.

FLIR Thermal Night vision and etc...

Different zoom levels. Good for scouting and lasing and other things :)

Main Authors: Lala14, Tajin

Modified & Updated by Me

Change log:

v2.0

= Added support of Firwill's standalone planes; F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-2

v1.0

Download Link:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/nrDSw6Emba/TGP_Script_Masnooper_v20.html