Hello,

i really miss some fundamental features in ArmA III and decided to make the short Titan launcher to be able to do Topdown Attacks. I'm started with this addon at the begining of June and now im like to share my work with the community.

Features:
- You are now able to switch between direkt and topdownmode.
- You are able to lockon ships, cars, tanks, infantry and helos.
- Minimal attackRange -> directMode: 10 meters -> topDownMode: 65 meters
- Maximal attackRange -> 2500 meters
- Added display for targetdistance
- When no target is locked the rocket is wireguided (like in Vanilla ArmA III)

The default keys to switch between direkt and topdown mode : Tab.

You can change the Key in the userconfig.

Installation :
-Extract the content of the archive into your Arma 3 installation.
-Launch arma with the shortcut -mod=@mdh_topdownattack

Debug Mode live fire:

Debug Mode chasecam:

release 02 - v1.01:
- fixed massive .rpt errors
- fixed long loading time when mod is activated
- fixed extreme long lockon time one some systems
- fixed icons on wrong position when other aspect ratio than 16:10 is used
- fixed conflicts with/disables other mods

release 01 - v1.0:
-Initial release

Thx to the following great people:
Xeno - For many years of help with script and locality problems
L etranger - For the init.sqf initialization method for addons
Killzone Kid - For his great tutorials on his blog, which is a good help
Mr Burns - For permanent high sophisticated ideas since years
Cultivator - For always ready to be my crash-test-dummy nr.1
Armed-Assault.de Crew - For many great ArmA moments in the last years
BIS - For ArmA3

Download:

[v1.01]
download_mdh_topdownattack_420x192.png
Directlink: MDH TopDownAttack Addon

[v1.01]
@mdh_topdownattack.png

[v1.01]
news_download_a3_3.png

regards
Moerderhoschi Edited by Moerderhoschi

Cool addon but you can simply lock onto a target and then raise the launcher to get a top-down attack.

Missile trajectory is flattened at any reasonable range, adjusting the launcher elevation isn't remotely comparable to a true topdown attack mode.

This is awesome.

Very nice mod!!

I notice though that it takes longer time to load soldier in the editor with this mod enabled. Don't know if this only happens on my end.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@mdh_topdownattack.png

@ Moerderhoschi;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

There must be a mod conflict somewhere with me, as when I press TAB to switch modes, there is too much icon movement to the right (ie it doesnt cover the DIR icon). The system works perfectly apart from that!

Tell me, can the AI use the topdown mode? Also, if I run this on a server and others don't have it, will they see a topdown attack or a normal direct one.

Looks awesome, it's definitely required for the DAGR or hellfires in A3. TopDown attacks with Helicopters and LOAL is just a mere dream :p

Good job

@Nikiforos : i will check that, please can you tell me how much longer it takes for you?

@Foxhound & Sonsalt6 : thank you guys

@Kremator : please can you make some screenshots and post it or make a video and can you describe more precise the "too much movement to the right" problem, thank you. AI isn't able to use the system, only human players can use it. If 5 players are on the server and 2 of them have the addon, only those two can use the topdown firemode. the other three players have the vanilla titan launcher but they can see how the players with loaded mdh_topdownattack addon make topdown attacks on their targets :)

@Nikiforos : i will check that, please can you tell me how much longer it takes for you?

Hi, I have to wait for a few more seconds , I say about 10-15 extra seconds before editor allow my into preview.

Keep in mind I'm running a lot of mods , maybe something there. I will try to run your mod alone and tell about the results.

Update:

Still getting this hangup even if all other mods are disabled in the game.

Edited by Nikiforos

Strange, but Lock on target take 20 sec for me,and only the center of the cross can lock on infantry .Probably the case in compatibility addons

@Nikiforos : ok, i will check if i can fix this.

@Kremator : could be that this has something to do with the screen resolution, i will check and try to fix this too. To the missile follow contours, can you tell me where you shot the missile at which target or better make an little example mission with the player as AT unit and one enemy tank so that i can check this. thank you.

@Sammael : do you have this porblem all the time or only in a specific situation?

Houston, we have a problem. There looks like this addon is conflicting with TPW_MODS. Can you check that there is a ADDeventhandler instead of SETeventhandler (hope I have this right as I'm not a coder mate). Have seen this type of error before.

Without mod, everything works perfectly, with it present and tpw_mods doesn't work (well the HUD addtac glasses function). I have also seen a slowdown in getting into editor etc by about 10-15secs when addon is present.

Will try and do some more tests regarding the DIR firemode over valleys.

Yeah will be seteventhandler instead of addeventhandler. So this will overwrite all other eventhandlers on an object.

EDIT: OK had a looky inside and there is only addeventhandlers, so I'm am at a loss.

Edited by Kremator

All the time.I disabled all addons.Nothing has changed ...

Moerderhoschi‎, It seems your addon disables (by causing conflicts) with a dozen of other addons/mods: it disables TPW mods, Switchweaponswhilemoving, Laxeman´s Mount and Climb, ZAM glasses, and some others I can´t name right now =(

Hey folks,

this week i couldn't work on the addon because i'm in london, business things. but tomorrow i will fly back home to germany and i will check those problems and release an update asap. so be patient.

regards

moerderhoschi

Today i had some time for the addon. I managed to:

- fix long loading time in editor with addon

- fix massive rpt errors with addon

atm im on the UI problem with different aspect ratios.

@Sammael : could you provide an editor example mission for the 20sec lockon problem, thank you.

@kgino1045 : could you specify more precise what you mean with "conflict with TFAR", thank you.

@Corporal_Lib[bR] : could you also please specify more precise what you mean, how can i reproduce and check it, i never used any of your listed addons, thank you.

@Corporal_Lib[bR] : could you also please specify more precise what you mean, how can i reproduce and check it, i never used any of your listed addons, thank you.

Well, it´s quite simple, if you activate those mods alongside yours, they simply doesn´t work anymore... ZAM glasses and some TPW_mods (like HUD) are UI addons, so maybe that´s why they don´t fare well with your mod, but the others are a mod to add new animations to put and dettach acessories, climb small obstacles, toggle between primary weapon and pistol or Launcher while moving =P

links to try out -> TPW mods http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164304-TPW-MODS-enhanced-realism-immersion-for-Arma-3-SP

Laxemans climb -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179219-LAxemann-s-quot-Climb-quot-Enables-basic-climbing-in-ArmA-3 and mount accessories -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179090-LAxemann-s-quot-Mount-quot-Animations-for-attaching-rifle-items

ZAm and GAM glasses and PPeffects -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163658-ZAM-Glasses&highlight=ZAM+glasses http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163540-GAM-ppEffects-Goggles-(Tinted-Lenses)&highlight=ZAM+glasses

cheers!