granQ

Tutorial: Making roads in Terrain builder

On 5/19/2016 at 7:17 PM, xbelanch said:

I know it's an old thread but I'm at the same point like kykce: I see the roads on Buldozer but not ingame. 

any way to fix it?

same problem

5 hours ago, RoF said:

No point making smaller map frames, roads won't work on any of them but the bottom left one.

I made a mapframe of 20km to the southwest (200000,0) and I can see the roads in the BD

and script:

~0.1
result = buldozer_LoadNewRoads "P:/MLV_San_Carlos/data/roads/";

3yBaGNS.jpg

so my problem is in the config? I do not get it.

16 hours ago, LoRo said:

newRoadsShape = "\MLV_San_Carlos\data\roads\roads.shp";

3 minutes ago, LoRo said:

I made a mapframe of 20km to the southwest (200000,0) and I can see the roads in the BD

and script:

~0.1
result = buldozer_LoadNewRoads "P:/MLV_San_Carlos/data/roads/";

so my problem is in the config? I do not get it.

South west is the bottom left. Roads will only work at those coords. So if you have a smaller map frame at  different coords, the roads will not work.

Also that script is wrong and crap tbh, just delete it. You should be using the buldozer tools scripts that comes with Arma3p.

Did you setup your P drive with Arma Tools or Mikero Arma3p

22 minutes ago, RoF said:

Did you setup your P drive with Arma Tools or Mikero Arma3p 

Arma Tools, I never managed to make mikeros work

I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough, I'm using the google translator ...

I made this mapframe in bottom left just to check if the roads worked, and if they work, but within the ARMA they just do not appear.

ADD: deleting the script I no longer see the roads

10 minutes ago, LoRo said:

Arma Tools, I never managed to make mikeros work

I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough, I'm using the google translator ...

I made this mapframe in bottom left just to check if the roads worked, and if they work, but within the ARMA they just do not appear.

Are you packing the map with addon builder? As that doesn't make maps correct. You must use Mikero Pboproject.

Also using Arma tools to setup the P drive will gives you issues, as it doesn't extract the files correct.

try installing mikero tools again https://mikero.bytex.digital/Downloads

make sure you download and install all these

Arma3P

DeOgg

DePbo

DeRap

ExtractPbo

MakePbo

pboProject

Rapify

... deleting the script I no longer see the roads in BD

I really only use armatools it to binarize...
I have the terrain divided into several pbo, so to make changes unpacking and repackaging with "PBO Manager", I do not know if it's okay, so far I had no problems, I'm going to try reinstalling mikeros

8pPgcAb.jpg

The steps I followed basically to add the roads were:

1. Unpack MLV_San_Carlos.PBO

2. Export road shapes
ABU4Clb.jpg

3. Export a new WRP, binarize it, and replace

B1C1HEy.jpg

4. Add the route to roads.shp in the config.cpp

newRoadsShape = "\MLV_San_Carlos\data\roads\roads.shp";

5. Re-pack

In this way I made several changes, the last thing was to add the clutter and the surfaces. Now just modify the line "newRoadsShape" in the config, which was already there in the template of config.cpp that I used, mykeros can detect errors in the config?

This is part of the config:
EJg4UDf.jpg

everything up and down in newRoadsShape works fine 🤔

43 minutes ago, RoF said:

Also using Arma tools to setup the P drive will gives you issues, as it doesn't extract the files correct. 

If you mean to extract the files from the A3 folder, I think if I use a mikeros utility, but when I try to compile (crunch) it gives me an error that it does not find makepbo and if I install it, I will review it again anyway

Your doing it all very wrong, you don't use pbomanager or "Export a new WRP, binarize it, and replace".

You export you .wrp, then pack it with pboproject. Do NOT use pbomanager or arma tools

Go install mikero tools, otherwise you won't be able to make a working terrain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoRo said:

If you mean to extract the files from the A3 folder, I think if I use a mikeros utility, but when I try to compile (crunch) it gives me an error that it does not find makepbo and if I install it, I will review it again anyway

Sometimes people have to install makepbo twice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoF said:

Go install mikero tools, otherwise you won't be able to make a working terrain.

"rapify" is not recognized as an internal or external command,
program or batch file executable.

7hfwgHT.jpg

download and reinstall everything again from your link, I have no luck with mikeros

also thanks for your help

try uninstalling Rapify, then re install it.

If it still does not work, you may need to add mikero tools to your windows PATH

without Mikero's tool's there are no Arma terrains

I had to install a few of them twice over, and in certain order to eventually get them to play together.

18 minutes ago, RoF said:

try uninstalling Rapify, then re install it.

uninstall all apps from mikeros and I made a clean installation ..
same error
uninstall Rapify and install a lower version (1.76.6.33) that was downloaded:
same error

21 minutes ago, RoF said:

If it still does not work, you may need to add mikero tools to your windows PATH 

what do you mean, I do not know how that would be

11 minutes ago, rossoe said:

I had to install a few of them twice over, and in certain order to eventually get them to play together. 

is seriously? in a certain order?

I can not understand that the official tools work badly and that it is only possible with external tools, I believe them, but many times I try to install mikeros always without success.

Is it really necessary to re-export the WRP when adding or modifying roads?
Export it with the roads, then delete all the vectors, export it again and the files EXACTLY have the same size ...
is it supposed that the .wrp saves some kind of information? is not the roads.shp for this?

I would recommend getting in the Arma Discord server and asking the man himself - he may reply and help re his own tools.

These 'external tools' are rather special with the attention to detail that's gone into them.

I don't think you need to re-export the WRP for roads, just need to binarise Map data.

Here's an idea of the things you need to do following certain changes:

Ttmub9D.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoRo said:

I can not understand that the official tools work badly and that it is only possible with external tools, I believe them, but many times I try to install mikeros always without success.

Is it really necessary to re-export the WRP when adding or modifying roads?
Export it with the roads, then delete all the vectors, export it again and the files EXACTLY have the same size ...
is it supposed that the .wrp saves some kind of information? is not the roads.shp for this?

Addon builder doesn't give hardly any error reporting, it will say it finished successfully. But your config could be full of errors that cause more errors in game. Pboproject will warn you of 99% of errors.

The official tools also don't extract the files correct, this is why everyone says to use mikero tools as they work. Even some of the BI dev's use his tools!

As for the PATH fix,

on your desktop, right click "This PC" or "My Computer" and choose properties.

Click the Advanced system settings, then Environment Variables.

Under "User variables" Click Path and Edit
NcSEGhT.jpg

On the next section Click new and put

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin

like this ocyMLtW.png

• Like 1

So I see the problem with the mikero's tools is solved, thanks for your help, the pboproject was throwing some "errors" of code (which had no relationship with the roads), until I get to the binarization part, takes about minutes but I do not pack the pbo ...

tgjIPtO.jpg

LOG:

Spoiler

rapify x64UnicodeVersion 1.79, Dll 7.16 "config.cpp"
<rebuilding units[]= and friends>
<rebuilding cfgworlds>
<Checking cfgSurfaces and clutter>
No Error(s)
Output is to p:\temp\MLV_San_Carlos\config.bin

P:\temp\MLV_San_Carlos\config.bin
1 archivo(s) copiado(s)
MLV_San_Carlos\data\roads\roads.dbf
1 archivo(s) copiado(s)
MLV_San_Carlos\data\roads\roads.prj
1 archivo(s) copiado(s)
MLV_San_Carlos\data\roads\roads.shp
1 archivo(s) copiado(s)
MLV_San_Carlos\data\roads\roads.shx
1 archivo(s) copiado(s)
rapify x64UnicodeVersion 1.79, Dll 7.16 "roadslib.cfg"
No Error(s)
MLV_San_Carlos\data\roads\roadslib.cfg
1 archivo(s) copiado(s)
MLV_San_Carlos\mlv_san_carlos.hpp
1 archivo(s) copiado(s)
MLV_San_Carlos\san_carlos.hpp
1 archivo(s) copiado(s)
"<Bis Binarise...>"
""D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Binarize\Binarize.exe" -targetBonesInterval=56 -textures=p:\temp -binPath=P:\ "MLV_San_Carlos" "p:\temp\MLV_San_Carlos""
"    WARNING: binarise found 'warnings'. View the binlog"
"</Bis binarise>"
"<updating temp with prebinarised files>"
"</prebinarised>"
"MakePbo.exe "-PgFW" "-X=thumbs.db,*.txt,*.h,*.dep,*.cpp,*.bak,*.png,*.log,*.pew, *.hpp,source,*.tga" "-@=MLV_San_Carlos" "p:\temp\MLV_San_Carlos" "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\Addons""
<adding entries:...>
    cfgClutter.hpp :excluded
    cfgSurfaces.hpp :excluded
    config.bin :scanning
    data\roads\roads.dbf :scanning
    data\roads\roads.prj :scanning
    data\roads\roads.shp :scanning
    data\roads\roads.shx :scanning
     validating \temp\MLV_San_Carlos\data\roads\roadslib.cfg
     done

mlv_san_carlos.hpp :excluded
    san_carlos.hpp :excluded
    san_carlos.wrp :validating... checking for missing files...
san_carlos.wrp: missing \mlv_san_carlos\data\layers\p_000-000_l00.rvmat
"""
"""
san_carlos.wrp: missing \mlv_san_carlos\data\layers\p_042-042_n_n_n_l03_l04.rvmat

san_carlos.wrp.dep :excluded
</end entries>
Missing File Summary
san_carlos.wrp : \mlv_san_carlos\data\layers\p_000-000_l00.rvmat
"""
"""
san_carlos.wrp : \mlv_san_carlos\data\layers\p_042-042_n_n_n_l03_l04.rvmat
"MLV_San_Carlos.pbo not produced due to error(s)"

He did not do it because he could not find the .rvmat files
And if I add them, it does not find the .paa files (I have them separately in other pbo) and it does not even reach the part of the binarization ...

Anyway if I packed everything together with rvmats and paa, then I had to unpack to split files ..

But manually package the binarized files from the TEMP folder (config and WRP), along with the files from the data/roads folder

Even so, the roads still do not appear in the game

How are you separating your files? On your steam page, it says pmc wiki batch files. Is that correct?

If so, then you have done it wrong, as those batch files use mikero tools. And you haven't even had them installed!

Pboproject can't find those .rvmat as that's where your .wrp file is looking for them. It's not making the path up, it's what is inside you files. If pboproject can't find them, nor can Arma.

I suggest you re export your layers and re do all the batch files from start again. Stop using Addon Builder, you will never get a correctly working map from it. Don't try any work around like packing temp.

If pboproject says you have errors, then that's what they are

If I use the PMC guide, but not the mikeros tools, I only used bat files to separate the .paa and modified the .rvmat manually with notepad ++ (I kept them in the same directory, and did not edit the wrp), everything works correctly in ARMA so far, except the roads.

Maybe I'm not translating correctly.

I can put the .rvmat so that PBOProyect finds them, but then I would give error since I would not find the textures (sat, mask, normal) that are inside OTHER .pbo, in the same way PBOP would not finish the process.

What I wanted to emphasize is that I had not found errors related to roads.shp inside the config.cpp

NOW: ok, I added the folders that contain the textures on the outside in the unit P, so I can find them as the references to files inside A3, I did not think about it before, but it takes more than 5hs binarizing the WRP and not yet ends, I will interrupt the process and try one more time ...

Your whole process is messed up, you need to go back to the start and re learn things the correct way. Otherwise you are just giving people a buggy map

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RoF said:

Your whole process is messed up, you need to go back to the start and re learn things the correct way. Otherwise you are just giving people a buggy map

finally I could fix it, without the need to use the mikero's tools, and most importantly without bugs
re edit the config.cpp and problem solved

happiness

T2Xc3it.jpg

Pul6r1H.jpg

IBdUp8v.jpg

If you aint using mikero tools, you are just giving players another buggy map. An when stuff start going wrong with missions etc, who do you think they will start complaining to?

So you can ignore the errors and pretend your map works fine, or use mikero tools and know you map works. But at least your roads work, shame its getting broken by Addon Breaker everytime you pack it

Ok, but I'm not ignoring the mistakes, it's not sure that there are ...

the reality is that I have to separate the land in several addons, I can not re upload 2gb of textures every time I make a change in the field, I have 13,000 rvmat files, maybe the tools of mikeros need more than 5 hours to analyze them all , I do not know.

What I do know is that in the log file, it says that mikeros uses the BIS tool to binarize the WRP, and in a previous test without the rvmat I can binarize the wrp (I copy it from the Temp folder and it works), but crasheo al final because there were missing files ...

I have to update my satellite texture (to make it darker), so I'll probably go back to doing the whole process from scratch, and maybe try with mikeros once more.

At the moment I have no more questions so I do not bore you anymore, again thanks for the help

11 minutes ago, LoRo said:

it says that mikeros uses the BIS tool to binarize the WRP

Yes it does BUT it does error checking, Addon Breaker doesn't.