Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?

What feature/fix would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?  

649 members have voted

1. 1. What feature/fix would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?

• Damage Modeling (Body armor, Shrapnel Simulation, ect)
    • Sound
    • AI
    • Medical Systems
    • FPS/Performance
    • Vehicle Simulation (Interiors, Driving Models)
    • Editor/Zeus
    • Modding Tools

New content, terrain, and campaigns.

Preferably something in the 60's, 70's, or 80's.

realistic armor to stop getting one shotted in tanks and other vehicles, make helicopters tougher

Report it on the feedback tracker, not in a random thread on the forums. And use proper English.

use proper english well fuck you sir

im not a english speaking person at dayly basis

i know most of my english from gaming and self learning so shut it

and im not using random treads im just using this one :)

it take to much time the other thing

+ fix the parashute so when you slow down you dont just stand still in the air

Edited by astro379

Well, obviously it's strange driving a car with 4 buttons. There's nothing you can do about it.

I am also avid fan of racing-simulators and one simply doesn't get far driving with a keyboard while changing gears at the same time. Once again I don't think anyone expects sim like driving in arma but there is no reason to pretend that the current driving model is some solid foundation for authentic driving model, at least and definitely not yet

use proper english well fuck you sir

and im not using random treads im just using this one :)

it take to much time the other thing

+ fix the parashute so when you slow down you dont just stand still in the air

I can see you got your english from gaming. Not having a go at you, you've done well to learn it yourself, just a little fun at the way you wrote it.:p :)

I am also avid fan of racing-simulators and one simply doesn't get far driving with a keyboard while changing gears at the same time. Once again I don't think anyone expects sim like driving in arma but there is no reason to pretend that the current driving model is some solid foundation for authentic driving model, at least and definitely not yet

In my opinion, the driving is fine. Yes, it could be better, but that applies to almost every aspect of Arma 3, doesn't it? I'm not really into racing sims, though, so my standards aren't very high.

*ahem*

1BtMkFA.png

Me too! :)

Analog steering works for devices --JS, pedals, flight yoke, steering wheel.

--if keyboard ain't good.

well then no need for proper english then :)

Some grasp on the English language is required, as this is an English speaking forum.

Thanks

Analog steering works for devices --JS, pedals, flight yoke, steering wheel.

--if keyboard ain't good.

Its bit confusing and non intuitive to setup and I am aware indeed. Vehicles are perfectly driveable with keyboard only and driving with steering wheel or gemapad works just as good but my complaints are not the input, whether ist a keyboard or a steering wheel but the fact that driving feels unresponsive ( not insensitive ), gears & clutch is poorly simulated and there is little to no simulation of an traction on different surface ( a parameter surface traction has been added recently though so eager to see what comes out of it )

gears & clutch is poorly simulated and there is little to no simulation of an traction on different surface ( a parameter surface traction has been added recently though so eager to see what comes out of it )

Agree with gears and clutch being a bit wierd. The config files have some pretty cool stuff like gear ratio, torque curve, idle and full rpm etc. so there are some cool stuff under the hood but it just does not feel quite right ingame.

Also, about traction: Traction is very much simulated, but most vehicles have traction control so you do not really feel how it affects you.

Also, about traction: Traction is very much simulated, but most vehicles have traction control so you do not really feel how it affects you.

It certainly feels like there are some forces killing the engine output but are you certain of traction control being present / on? Is there a way to disable it to try this out?

( Devs ) - Could this be disabled in one of the future dev branch for testing purposes?

BI is currently working on the sounds, seems like BI will update features step by step. now the sounds, and next i hope UI, Performance or AI, but we will see.

just give them time.

Yeah actually the sound system is way better now, it feels 10 times more solid than it used to be.

ArmA 3's sounds need a lot of work in my opinion. Most of them just don't sound...'right'. Sometimes I dont hear a gun sound at all, or certain sounds completely overlap others. Its pretty immersion breaking.

Damage model of all vehicles needs to be improved and occurence of explosions be greatly reduced. I really can't bear this anymore!

Merging Arma 3, DayZ and Take on Mars in to one single game would have my support.

Would love to have a Kart race in Mars Life against some Zombies.

It would be nice to see something like ACE mod for A3 along with the same weapons and equipment and Evolution/Domination maps. I also think it would be cool to have a modern warfare/coldwar mods as well as the future setting we have now.

It would be nice if you could access the inventory of a dead body without the weapon blocking it.

No, everything must be difficult and unwieldy in Arma, cause who wants a good game anyway?

It would be nice if you could access the inventory of a dead body without the weapon blocking it.

No, everything must be difficult and unwieldy in Arma, cause who wants a good game anyway?

This has got me killed many times trying to quickly grab vital ammo from dead ai.

Look at dev branch update yesterday.might cheer you up some.

I'd like to see a river / stream system being worked on for A3, but it's not in this poll.