miketim

Horrible static/sound glitch when crashing helicopter (randomly)

Hey guys.

This glitch where I crash my helicopter, and in first person it makes this terrible glitchy sound, no way its what its really supposed to be the real sound.

It only happens in first person, it happened to me about 4 times, on the arma 2 map Celle 2. (using a3mp)

It happened to me twice today when crashing into trees, ok so you might suggest its the fault of the map, maybe some material sound was defined wrong.

Nope.

2 of the times I crashed it was in a little bird, and it hit a ArmA 3 prop each of those 2 times (once a "dirt hump (small)" and once a white factory building (from altis)"

the other 2 times, I was in the aaf heli, the one that is a ch49 or whatever (the weird chinook variant), and I hit trees in the map, it happened once by accident, but wasn't too loud. I recognized it and tried to repeat, I crashed into a tree (Not that it matters, but the same model) and it made the sound again, because it asploded my eardrums :crazy: *ouch*,

I quickly changed to thirdperson, once in thirdperson the glitch sound ended and the regular explosion one was there, switching back into first person quickly, I heard the static shit fading away (ie: it was still the sound from firstperson when I went back).

This happens randomly and makes me afraid sometimes to crash helis :eek:

I really don't know why, all audio works fine besides this one sound ingame, and on my computer, I played a song from Okean Elzy right after that static shit experience, and it sounded just fine :cool:

This is really odd, its not like the same static I get from firing cannons of some a-10 when my fps drops to 10 lol, this is really LOUD *ouch* static, this is some type of glitch.

Thanks if you can help, I wonder if anyone experienced this.

Its very specific in terms of its scope, I hope this gets resolved in some sense.

have you tried changing the sample/bit rate of the sound in game options?

No I havent' I have mine at 128 (the highest)

but my soundcard "renders" at like 192 khz (I think khz, if not, read as the normal mesurment people use)

I have a good soundcard al that shit whatever, and if I remember correctly, I think I thought that 128 samples sounded better, is there a downside to using it or something? I think maybe it dropped my FPS in arma 2 by like 5 or something, I really am not informed about the sound samples option.

If someone could give me more info that could be great.

Also, i'm pretty sure this sound only happens when my rotors hit an object (and not even every time, its unpredicatable), I don't remember ever hearing it when crash landing on skids or something, or just going straight down and crashing the nose and exploding.

This bug is still not fixed, I have the same problem on an Asus Xonar STX 7.1, Doesn't matter what sample rate I put in-game.

Cannot replicate in singleplayer, happens 90% of helicopter crashes on multi-player. It sometimes happens when the helicopter takes light damage also.

It doesn't matter what you crash into, happens when you are hit with AA, crash into another vehicle or helicopter, crash in water, hard landing with god mode.

The sound is a high pitched screeching about 4-7 times louder than all the other sounds. It's horrible and can cause ear damage.

I also have the same bug where FPS drops to about 15% of normal when auto-cannon on Tigris\Cheetah impacts, same with jet cannons, I can fix this by lowering sample rate but it's a bug nonetheless.

I hope the new audio team can fix these bugs, the bugs are fucking horrible!

Yeah its fucking horrible, I will see if I can fraps it and upload a vid right now

Uploading vid to mega right now, gonna post link once its done ( if anyone wants to upload to YT please do, so more people can see this shit)

Link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!Lp13jQrC!1qN8EDZ4z92ZNLG0hFeenWcWLFjgvjEppo9tUjWN5bM

Also I would really be grateful if someone can get this on Youtube, or on the feedback tracker because my account on feedback tracker wont work anymore

Edited by MikeTim

while I was playing the instruments(INST) in the helicopter got damaged, and it produced the horrible noise. The INST were the only part damaged when it happened.

I Have a sound glitch where if I am in a vehicle in first person it gets distorted and laggey but third pserson is fine.

So far i have tried to

-re-install the game

-verify the integrity of local game files

-A sound mod

Please try to help me I love to play in first person and it makes the game a lot easier for me and my friends.

On 3/28/2017 at 0:42 PM, TGTBgamepro57 said:

I Have a sound glitch where if I am in a vehicle in first person it gets distorted and laggey but third pserson is fine.

So far i have tried to

-re-install the game

-verify the integrity of local game files

-A sound mod

Please try to help me I love to play in first person and it makes the game a lot easier for me and my friends.

I have the same problem exactly the same tell me if you get a solution