laxemann

LAxemann's "Mount" - Animations for attaching rifle items

UPDATE

Download (2.01)

Changelog:

Fixed: No sound will play if the player dies

Updated mod v2.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey LAxemann , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Someone else have the problem that there is a failure, when starting a mission?

Script L_MOUNT\init.sqf not found

Had this one or similiar in the main menu with no -nologs parameter.

@Meiestrix ya i do and its not working !

I´m also having an error (...)/compare.sqf not found on main menu and Script L_MOUNT\init.sqf not found whenever I start a mission, please Laxemann, review your configs =)

Cheers!

Ah dammit, that happens when you 'quickly want to fix a small issue' right before leaving for a party.

I binarized the wrong folder, again! :D

I'll fix it as soon as I'm back from said party. Should be ~2 hours if Wiesbaden's public transportation doesn't fail me!

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

UPDATE/HOTFIX

Download (2.02)

Changelog:

• Binarized correctly

Hej Laxemann,

The mod works again now but i am having a wierd bug where the first time you remove a sight it will turn into a ACO [Red] for the animation, afterwards i will have the original sight (in this case an ARCO) and a ACO [red] in my inventory. This only happens the first time i remove a scope and afterwords works fine.

This has only occured for me if removing the scope is the first thing i do regarding accessories. If i remove eg a bipod first and then a scope i do not have the problem with the ACO.

I have not checked whether a respawn will make the problem happen again.

EDIT: I am only getting this bug in Virtual Arsenal.

Edited by IISwede

Hi, I tried this mod in one single player mission ok.

I have placed a group of 5 units of infantry, 4 IA and 1 player.

All units are available in the mission, 4 + 1 player.

As a leading player works fine, but if you go to another unit available,

mod stops working. :whistle:

If you change your player by another unit available stops working

Edited by Metralla

This is really a nice Mod :)

I think just the silencer animation needs some tweaking.

On most rifles the hand is inside the barrel / front grip and not at the end where you screw on the silencer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgs6oq5x4lk5ga1/2015-05-17_00001.jpg?dl=0

If it is possible i think it would be a good way to adjust the hand to the middle of the silencer with the MX rifle, or at the end of the silencer with the MXC.

EDIT: I found a bug in combination with RHS weapons. When you drop them on the ground the silencer animation shows up.

Edited by Meiestrix

Nice mod, LAxemann! What about the "attach animation" when the character lying on the ground?

I unfortunately can't change the animations, I'm no animator. The animations were made by BI, I just put them to use.

Is this mod still working? Does it work with any weapon and any attachment? As in weaps and attachments made by player mods? I just hopped in game real quick to test this mod and it didn't work. I am running the latest version of CBA.

EDIT: After a bit of testing with the default tutorial mission "Mount" works, at least for default weapons. I think I was using some of Massi's weapons and a Bohemia attachment when the animation wasn't working.

Edited by Bad_Karma

Mod works great for me, even on servers without it enabled. My only issue is that my attachment(s) get removed after respawning. This is easy to reproduce if you use the new vanilla ArmA 3 revive setting in your description.ext

After being incapacitated, you hear the sound that plays when you take off your attachment and once you've respawned, if ACE3 saves your gear, the attachment(s) is gone.

Mods in use:

• CBA_A3
  • TFAR
  • Head Range Plus
  • ASDG_JR
  • RH_acc
  • RHS US Armed Forces
  • ACE 3
  • All of your mods, except for L_Climb
  • ASR AI 3

Ah dammit, that happens when you 'quickly want to fix a small issue' right before leaving for a party.

I binarized the wrong folder, again! :D

I'll fix it as soon as I'm back from said party. Should be ~2 hours if Wiesbaden's public transportation doesn't fail me!

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

UPDATE/HOTFIX

Download (2.02)

Changelog:

Hi mate, If this mod is still relevant, you might wanna update the first page with a mention about v2.02 (currently showing v2.0)

• Like 2

Hi there!

At first, Thanks for your work! i love this mod.

So immersiv!

I just have some trouble server side (Linux) with your great addon. I have some other mod that running without trouble, so, the way i do that seems to be ok, but when i connect, the hint pop and say always that l_mount is not running on the server.
( I've try whitout other mods, and is the same ) I can have all animation without trouble, so, is this really a problem?

One other thing, when i put a weapon with laser or optic mounted, in a backpack, i have the song of "dismounting" playing same time, and an other optic alone appear in the backpack (the original stay mounted on the weapon).

Is this a known issue?

One other thing, when i put a weapon with laser or optic mounted, in a backpack, i have the song of "dismounting" playing same time, and an other optic alone appear in the backpack (the original stay mounted on the weapon).

For me the same

Has anyone found a fix for dropping weapons causing your character to do the animation? The only fix I've found so far is to remove every attachment before dropping a gun which defeats the purpose of doing so.. 

Hi Laxemann

Been playing with this mod for ages, love it. Thanks so much! 

With all your other mods finding their way on Steam Workshop, can we expect this one to come to SW as well?

Thanks man, and love your work!

• Like 1