laxemann

LAxemann's "Mount" - Animations for attaching rifle items

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Would be possible to make changing of attachments also in prone? Now it is really game breaking, for example when you are sniper somewhere in prone and you need to attach silencer or change optic, you will kneel and you are screwed :D

Hey folks,

there unfortunately aren't any prone/stand animations for this so nope, I guess there's no can do from my side :/

@Legolasindar and your VAS problem,

I'll look into that but no promises. :)

Laxemann, I hope you don´t grow mad, but the last version just added compactibility with LLM module, not the whole AGM "combo" optics (All optics can become a combo of optic+NVscope or IR/thermal scope due to the same script your mount addons has stumbled on the last version =P

I think that´ll cover up all the last incompactibilities of Mount =)

cheers!

;2721065']Laxemann' date=' I hope you don´t grow mad, but the last version just added compactibility with LLM module, not the whole AGM "combo" optics (All optics can become a combo of optic+NVscope or IR/thermal scope due to the same script your mount addons has stumbled on the last version =P

cheers![/quote']

*epic posing* Let's get it done then

;2721065']Laxemann' date=' I hope you don´t grow mad, but the last version just added compactibility with LLM module, not the whole AGM "combo" optics (All optics can become a combo of optic+NVscope or IR/thermal scope due to the same script your mount addons has stumbled on the last version =P

cheers![/quote']

For the LLM01 the animation is incorrect since you only need to press a button to switch between laser and flashlight but I don't see a problem with the other attachments of the BW-Mod b/c all the things you are talking about are also attachments which you put in front of your scope and also require time to attach them and if you don't want them you have to detach them since you can't simply switch off night- and thermal-vision and have your common scope view. For thermal images it might be technically possible but not for the image intensifier.

For the LLM01 the animation is incorrect since you only need to press a button to switch between laser and flashlight but I don't see a problem with the other attachments of the BW-Mod b/c all the things you are talking about are also attachments which you put in front of your scope and also require time to attach them and if you don't want them you have to detach them since you can't simply switch off night- and thermal-vision and have your common scope view. For thermal images it might be technically possible but not for the image intensifier.

There´s actually an incompactibility as when it try to toggle the NV scope or the thermal in front of regular BWM optics the Mount addon gives a hint that I need to detach the optic, so it doesn´t toggles anything and just duplicates (once, twice, etc as many times I try) both the optic and nv or thermal attachment on my inventory =P

I see what you mean, this came with the recent AGM update b/c with .91 it worked fine.

Yeah, fixing problem causes new problems! How unexpected! *sarcasm off*

Edit: I didn't mean last version of AGM but prior to last version of "Mount" aka v1.2 it still worked. AGM has nothing to do with this.

Edited by brainslush

Hey folks,

there unfortunately aren't any prone/stand animations for this so nope, I guess there's no can do from my side :/

@Legolasindar and your VAS problem,

I'll look into that but no promises. :)

Perhaps toady the HLC mods guy could create an animation for you.. His weapon anims are brilliant.

SJ

Guys, I've got a problem with the BWmod thing, how would I attach a night vision device? I've got a scope mounted along with the fitting nv-attachment in my inventory, but nothing happens when I press ctrl + N ...? Using a different key didn't do the trick, too

Edit: Nevermind ;P

Edited by LAxemann

Guys, I've got a problem with the BWmod thing, how would I attach a night vision device? I've got a scope mounted along with the fitting nv-attachment in my inventory, but nothing happens when I press ctrl + N ...? Using a different key didn't do the trick, too

Edit: Nevermind ;P

Yeah, I know what means your nevermind... exactly, the combo optics toggle just works on BWMod weapons, on any other A3 modded weapons, you can attach the optic+NV or IR lens, but once you hit Ctrl+N or T, it doesn´t toggles back, hope ze german fix this issue, thou it wasn´t meant to work with other weapons besides BWM ones anyway lol

Mount mod just needs to be compactible with BWMod weapons in regards to those combo optics, Laxeman... until their developers fix this issue =)

Haha nah, the thing is that you can mount the Zeiss Optics on a G36 but not the night vision version.

I had to guess the classname but it was right one due to proper naming of the mod team :D

I therefore present you...

VERSION 1.3.2 (DOWNLOAD)

• BW Mod optics attachments compatibility

I wrote a quick callcheck so that adding compatibility with further optics can be done in no time. :)

*bows*

Thanks for making this, it was really needed. It's also comforting to know that at least at some point BIS wanted to implement it. At least they WANTED to make the game more realistic and immersive.

However, I couldn't find any reference in this thread to my question - Is this mod multiplayer compatible? If so, to what level? What I mean is, let's say I don't use this mod but my friend does, and we both play on the same dedicated server, and he is removing a silencer, would I see the animation (I guess I will)? Also, would the server need to have the addon installed (I guess not)?

Thanks for making this, it was really needed. It's also comforting to know that at least at some point BIS wanted to implement it. At least they WANTED to make the game more realistic and immersive.

However, I couldn't find any reference in this thread to my question - Is this mod multiplayer compatible? If so, to what level? What I mean is, let's say I don't use this mod but my friend does, and we both play on the same dedicated server, and he is removing a silencer, would I see the animation (I guess I will)? Also, would the server need to have the addon installed (I guess not)?

The mod is completely client-side, meaning your friend would see you happily pet your weapon and all the other stuff, even though he doesn't run it.

You'd have an obvious disadvantage tho, so I'd recommend to make the mod a requirement for everyone on the server. :)

The mod is completely client-side, meaning your friend would see you happily pet your weapon and all the other stuff, even though he doesn't run it.

You'd have an obvious disadvantage tho, so I'd recommend to make the mod a requirement for everyone on the server. :)

Thanks for the clarification and for your work! We will discuss it :)

Hi LAxemann, thx again for your mod :).

I use the new virtual arsenal feature released on the dev version, it is possible to deactivate the mod when we are in the arsenal ? i think with just a check of the display with a displayCtrl...Don't worry if not possible :).

Edit : If it help you the way you can know when Arsenal is open or not could be with (isnull ((finddisplay -1)displayCtrl 899)).

Edited by NorX_Aengell

Hi LAxemann, thx again for your mod :).

I use the new virtual arsenal feature released on the dev version, it is possible to deactivate the mod when we are in the arsenal ? i think with just a check of the display with a displayCtrl...Don't worry if not possible :).

Edit : If it help you the way you can know when Arsenal is open or not could be with (isnull ((finddisplay -1)displayCtrl 899)).

I see! Will be implemented as soon as the bootcamp update is out, mainly because I won't be home for the next days :)

Thanks for posting the display number, very eary to detect.

Played Pilgrimage mission again and also used moduload once to test it out, and after this when using mount it got stuck in a loop everytime i tried taking something off/putting on attachements.

Im not sure if it was moduload or anything else. It was a freshly started mission andi i tested moduload to see how it worked and it wrote out on the screen all the mods that were initialized, and it was after this i noticed the problem. Maybe moduload causes issues if its used before a loaded save, but mount doesnt have to be reinitialized so this might happen anyway even after a saved game. I will test with a loaded game when i get time and report back.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest

UPDATE

Download

• Virtual Arsenal Compatibility

Have fun :)

Hey Laxemann, I´m back to report that Mount is now conflicting with DRM accessories (as it toggles accessories functions, just like BWM laser/tacLight does, so I guess the same fix is applied to them...)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181338-MRT-Accessory-Functions ,_ the mod thread if you need some extra info!

cheers!