laxemann

LAxemann's "Mount" - Animations for attaching rifle items

CSE, as in ACSE? Or am I out of my element, Donny?

I am the walrus​

Click me tender :D

Hello,

Tested your mod yesterday, I think it's a good idea - more realism.

However, I wish to report several unwanted side effects :

- couple mods was broken, to my knowledge TMR's PLOS broke and weapon's switching on the move broke, maybe more.

- loading time of stratis (test island) increased (rpt ?)

Did you check a usual source of addons incompatibility ? : ADDeventhandler instead of SETeventhandler

Keep up the good work ! :)

Hello,

Tested your mod yesterday, I think it's a good idea - more realism.

However, I wish to report several unwanted side effects :

- couple mods was broken, to my knowledge TMR's PLOS broke and weapon's switching on the move broke, maybe more.

- loading time of stratis (test island) increased (rpt ?)

Did you check a usual source of addons incompatibility ? : ADDeventhandler instead of SETeventhandler

Keep up the good work ! :)

Hmm, I honestly can't imagine how this could be caused by MOUNT, since I indeed use addEventhandler instead of setEventhandler (I think you switched them by accident?), and all my calls/classes have own names beginning with L_MOUNT... could you please verify if everything works without MOUNT? :)

Hmm, I honestly can't imagine how this could be caused by MOUNT, since I indeed use addEventhandler instead of setEventhandler (I think you switched them by accident?), and all my calls/classes have own names beginning with L_MOUNT... could you please verify if everything works without MOUNT? :)

Yes, I have been able to isolate the issue with MOUNT :( disabling it solve the mentioned problems I didn't have before. Strange then, I can't explain the behavior.

The game could also need an animation for zeroing the rifle. So that your hand moves to the scope and that the weapon shakes a bit during that animation.

Good work so far!

Yes, I have been able to isolate the issue with MOUNT :( disabling it solve the mentioned problems I didn't have before. Strange then, I can't explain the behavior.

Strange indeed. If anyone can solve this issue, let me know, open the pbo, do whatever you want. :)

could you make the check ignore the altis bipods that come with asdjr because it causes the animation when used with tmr, and the bipod switches from "secured" to "deployed"

Strange indeed. If anyone can solve this issue, let me know, open the pbo, do whatever you want. :)

The probem with ASDG attachments bipod is that it is NOT ANIMATED but when you deploy and secure it back, the bipod toggles between secure and deployed states (they probably work as diferent attachments, one with bipods up another down) that are scripted to be exchanged... so MOUNT understand the toggle as attaching a new accessorie so it triggers the animation... If you could make a check for TMR and disable the MOUNT animation if ASDG attachment is used, maybe you could solve this =)

cheers!

Ahh I see, never used that mod but I'll look into it :)

Took a bit longer since I did some more changes to the mod - here we go.

New Version: 1.3

• You now have to dismount an attachment before you're able to mount another one on the same slot

• The mod is now using appropriate animations for mounting/ dismounting silencers

• ASDG Attachments compatibility - You no longer mount an ASDG bipod again when deploying it

• Minor tweaks

Download v. 1.3

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Okay, so I have been trying to figure out why your mods (being the mount and climb mod) won't work at all for me. So far, I can't seem to find any mods conflicting with this, but whatever it is, TPW also broke with it. Anybody else having problems?

;2716331']I had problems with MDHTopDownAttack -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179130-MDH-TopDownAttack disabling both Laxeman´s mods but TPW doesn´t seems to break it' date=' at least if civis/cars/flybys/skyrmish off (I have HUD/Fall/EBS/Rain on)

cheers[/quote']

Thanks, I'll try that now, I had MDHTopDownAttack too, I'll post results in a minute or two.

All works perfectly now, thanks! It even fixed TPW as well.

Edited by HitmanTwoActual

Just stumbled on this, nice idea!

I have one suggestion, however : after looking at the video, I think the whole process would feel smoother if you didn't force any camera movement.

Just let the player use the free looking mode and watch his surroundings if he needs to. After all, one doesn't need to look at his gun to remove a silencer. ;)

I think it would make things less tedious when mount/dismounting attachments repeatedly.

Anyway, nice move LAxemann!

The silencer animation is a nice touch, i guess it's a BIS ( unused ) animations just like the other ones, right ?

But it leads to some " cosmetic " issues. The animation obviously disregard the lenght of the rifle, and since this animation only covers ( according to some testing ) very ( very ) short rifles / SMG, most of the time your character will screw the handguard. Like 95 % of the time.

Having a set of " silencer animations ", something like 4 or 5 anims, covering an predefined array of rifles would somewhat fix the issue... but i guess it's a bit overkill right ?

Edited by Drakenof

The animation obviously disregard the lenght of the rifle, and since this animation only covers ( according to some testing ) very ( very ) short rifles / SMG, most of the time your character will screw the handguard. Like 95 % of the time.

I also used the same GestureMountMuzzle and GestureDismountMuzzle for my GlovePIE voice commands script and the stock animations look nice on SMGs as you will see here for

and here for
. Animations are not on the right spot for long rifles like
and the
Having a set of " silencer animations ", something like 4 or 5 anims, covering an predefined array of rifles would somewhat fix the issue...

Maybe that's the solution. :)

Finally someone putting that silencer gesture to use! I don't know how I've missed this mod until now, but glad I found it. Nice work :)

Hey Laxeman, Ain´t no rest for the wicked: BWM mod´s LLM accessorie has a bug with you mount mod... as the german taclight/IR laser combo uses a script to toggle between functions, your mod considers each function an attachment, and so make us detach and then re-attach the LLM to toggle between laser and flashlight!

Maybe the same fix for ASDG attachments could be used, as you could include the LLM as an exception for the mount animation... right? :cool:

cheers!

Immersion mods are always welcome in my game :)

Good work!

;2719106']Hey Laxeman' date=' Ain´t no rest for the wicked: BWM mod´s LLM accessorie has a bug with you mount mod...

[...']

Maybe the same fix for ASDG attachments could be used, as you could include the LLM as an exception for the mount animation... right? :cool:

Pretty much, damn right :cool:

So, there we go, version 1.31 with added BW Mod compatibility:

Download V 1.31

Is a very good addon. But i have a suggestion, when you load a profile from VAS, this make animation for all the accesories in the weapon. The sense of the profile is a fast load equipment. Can make the posibility to disable animations when you load a profiles from VAS?. Yes my english is very bad :rolleyes:

Thanks for the new update, are you plan to add prone and stand animation?