Sign in to follow this  
Headclot

Should BIS license the RV Engine for Indie development?

Hey everyone,

Just me being curious here.

Should BIS license the RV Engine out to Indie Developers?

We have allot of talented modders out there using the RV engine for ARMA series and other games made by BIS.

What do you think about this? Should it be done? Should it not? Why or why not?

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot

I'd say absolutely not. After the headache that was Iron Front: Liberation 1944, I hope there is never another mess like that again.

If there are indie developers who think they can make a game with the RV engine, I believe they should start with ArmA and hopefully Bohemia Interactive would notice their creativity. DayZ is a great example of a mod transforming into a full game.

I'd say absolutely not. After the headache that was Iron Front: Liberation 1944, I hope there is never another mess like that again.

If there are indie developers who think they can make a game with the RV engine, I believe they should start with ArmA and hopefully Bohemia Interactive would notice their creativity. DayZ is a great example of a mod transforming into a full game.

DAYZ is indeed a great example that the origin RV engine is very bad for other forms of game.

You create DAYZ MOD to be brilliant, but you create DAYZ SA to waste much time and money for totally modifying the engine.

Rocket have said that to modify the engine thay have hired more than 160 men, but What the content Rocket have announced now is like THE STORIES FROM THE ARABIAN NIGHTS. They even haven't fix the soda/kvass drinking bug and ammo split bug.

@ Should BIS license the RV Engine for Indie development?

my answer: hmmm no

DAYZ is indeed a great example that the origin RV engine is very bad for other forms of game.

You create DAYZ MOD to be brilliant, but you create DAYZ SA to waste much time and money for totally modifying the engine.

Rocket have said that to modify the engine thay have hired more than 160 men, but What the content Rocket have announced now is like THE STORIES FROM THE ARABIAN NIGHTS. They even haven't fix the soda/kvass drinking bug and ammo split bug.

agree. RV engine is not made for horror/survival games.

Edited by sgtsev3n

The problem wasn't the dev team nor BIS, but the distribution one.

I'm well aware of what the problem was. I never stated it was the fault of the developers or Bohemia Interactive. But I feel that it would just be better to not venture back into that territory again. Too many potential headaches for such a small company.