diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird - WIP

Nice looking bird! The amount of love and detail is too goddamn high! :D

Looking good. Looking forward to having a better bird, with more options as well.

Holy mother of ducks. W O W.

You guys are true scholars and gentlemen. Please never stop doing mods for A3 :D

Looks great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Any idea on the release date of this BEAUTIFUL mod? I run the air wing in my Realism Unit, and the Littlebird is our ONLY CAS aircraft. If we had this we could destroy everything :)

Edited by devanlasalla

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Just a quick progress update:

We've been testing the base helicopter model, fixing damage and collision issues. On top of that we've started to work on the flight model. We expect to get into guns in the next week or so.

On the art side, all of the models are pretty much done, now it's a matter of making the textures.

Please feel free to comment and share your ideas!

Enough talk. Here's a screenshot!

http://i.imgur.com/N0eiEFZ.jpg (421 kB)

Only just saw this.... BEAUTIFUL!

DONT GET ME REPPORTED FOR THIS...but i think it is a time :P too deliver this baby to us...i am thirsty for this beauty holly smokes that gun on the side will be killing machine :D

Thanks again to everyone!

We know that you guys want to play with this already, so we're working hard to get it done. But we don't wanna rush through it and give you guys a shitty mod.

That said, here's a sneak peek at the 7-shot rocket pod to cheer you all up(GAU-19 is next) :D

http://i.imgur.com/mBY2GkM.jpg

Edited by sykoCrazy

Looks awesome! In terms of maneuverability how is it gonna perform? Like the actual Little Bird that is ingame or better? Looking forward to this mod :D

Looks awesome! In terms of maneuverability how is it gonna perform? Like the actual Little Bird that is ingame or better? Looking forward to this mod :D
Syko likes to land in/on unusual locations, so I'm sure it's gonna maneuver like a boss.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words!

Regarding the flight model, we want to make something more realistic than the Hummingbird but without taking away the fun. We will be testing it with community members and pilots alike to get the best results :D

In other news... Mini Nukes confirmed!!!

http://i.imgur.com/Xl8vrxk.jpg

Great looking screenshots. How is the polygon count in comparison with the vanilla games counterpart?

Great looking screenshots. How is the polygon count in comparison with the vanilla games counterpart?

It has more polys than the Hummingbird but less than the Ghosthawk(heli model with the highest poly count i believe). We're constantly doing performance tests to make sure that the model doesn't use more resources than it should.

More in game screenshoots please :) and i didnt catch it will all these weapons be avilable to mount on rails via sort of armament menu or it will be few diferent helicopters?

More in game screenshoots please :) and i didnt catch it will all these weapons be avilable to mount on rails via sort of armament menu or it will be few diferent helicopters?

We plan on using a custom loadout system. So there would only be one bird that you would place on the map and be able to customize before jumping in the pilot seat.

That said.. if we have everything done before the loadout system is ready we might release the mod as a test version with preset configurations that you could palce down(e.g.: MH-6M, AH-6M(M134/M260), AH-6M(GAU-19/M134/M260, etc.).

Thanks!

Amazing work on the Rocket Pod textures, if all of them will look like that, which i highly belive i can already give you a 10/10.

We need more teams with that ammount of dedication to detail and perfection. Keep it up

We plan on using a custom loadout system. So there would only be one bird that you would place on the map and be able to customize before jumping in the pilot seat.

That said.. if we have everything done before the loadout system is ready we might release the mod as a test version with preset configurations that you could palce down(e.g.: MH-6M, AH-6M(M134/M260), AH-6M(GAU-19/M134/M260, etc.).

Thanks!

Have you considered getting in touch with Johns Saul and Spartan(the makers of the FA 18/X Black Wasp Mod) their "service menu" is very user friendly!

Also, mini tac nukes are awesome!!!

Have you considered getting in touch with Johns Saul and Spartan(the makers of the FA 18/X Black Wasp Mod) their "service menu" is very user friendly!

Also, mini tac nukes are awesome!!!

We did, and the nukes are top secret, who knows.....

We did, and the nukes are top secret, who knows.....

Witty response and a great looking mod... I really like you guys!! :D