diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird - WIP

Ingame testing is going well so far. Finally figured out how to get the instruments to work properly. Also trying out some new ideas to see what works and what doesn't work. :D

http://i.imgur.com/OynNMsD.jpg (236 kB)

Dude, your gun's placement... The little things like that really stand out and look good. Looking great, now you just need some HD textures.

DAMNNN Love the details,especially that gun there :) pls pls contact SMA Weapon devs,and try figure out how did they make if u take weapon from the box it will be empty box :D do that thing with those weapons there :D 2 weapons and they will be placed there and if you open inventory and take it it will be gone :D hope you understand my english :)

(vid)

Dude, your gun's placement... The little things like that really stand out and look good. Looking great, now you just need some HD textures.

Thanks! Starting to work on the high poly model now to get some nice detail in the textures.

DAMNNN Love the details,especially that gun there :) pls pls contact SMA Weapon devs,and try figure out how did they make if u take weapon from the box it will be empty box :D do that thing with those weapons there :D 2 weapons and they will be placed there and if you open inventory and take it it will be gone :D hope you understand my english :)
(vid)

I think i understand what you mean... Right now i have it set up so whatever weapon you're carrying will show up in that spot. The problem is that if the pilot is carrying anything bigger than an M4, it will clip through the front glass. Pilots shouldn't carry anything bigger than that anyway, so i don't think it will be a real problem.

(vid)

The weapon being positioned there is simply part of the custom character animation for the pilot while sat in the vehicle. It's not really something you can achieve without an object being a vehicle that you can get in as a crew member.

What you do is move the "weapon" bone in the .rtm to a position that matches the interior position inside the helicopter relative to where the rest of the animation skeleton is seated. Then whether the unit's weapon is shown inside a vehicle as part of their crew animation is simply a matter of defining hideWeaponsDriver and/or hideWeaponsCargo as being "false" in the vehicle compartments.

The weapon being positioned there is simply part of the custom character animation for the pilot while sat in the vehicle. It's not really something you can achieve without an object being a vehicle that you can get in as a crew member.

What you do is move the "weapon" bone in the .rtm to a position that matches the interior position inside the helicopter relative to where the rest of the animation skeleton is seated. Then whether the unit's weapon is shown inside a vehicle as part of their crew animation is simply a matter of defining hideWeaponsDriver and/or hideWeaponsCargo as being "false" in the vehicle compartments.

Nailed it. The only issue i have is that the character moves, reacting to g-force, and so does the weapon since it's tied to the character animation. So i gotta find a way around that.

Hello and thank you for developing this AWESOME project.

I am new to ARMA, having been a "hardcore sim" snob for over 20 years. I am a fixed wing (Heavy Jet) pilot by profession, but have approximately 100 hours rotary - accumulated as a military pilot-trainee. I got interested in ARMA after I had the opportunity to fly Boeing's AH-6i last year. I have subsequently developed an obsession with "little birds" and this led me to ARMA III and the AH/MH-9.

Since delving into this "game" I must admit that I have never before experienced such a great sensation of helicopter flight particularly at low level, with confined area operations feeling particularly well done.

Sure, DCS Huey is a better "simulation" from a technical standpoint, but the immersion and feeling I get in ARMA is THE best feeling of tactical helicopter flight I've ever had in simulation. The memory of flying the AH-6i is renewed every time I fire up the MH-9, and zip along NOE in Atlis, using track IR to look out over my left shoulder at the weapons stores system!

I am super excited at the prospect of "piloting" this visually accurate AH/MH-6 model.

Please keep us updated with any progress - and keep up the great job.

Cheers,

Flybull.

Thanks guys! We'll begin testing in actual missions in a week or so. Stay tuned for more updates!

Thanks guys! We'll begin testing in actual missions in a week or so. Stay tuned for more updates!

Well apparently we ain't sleeping for the next couple of days. XD

Thanks! Starting to work on the high poly model now to get some nice detail in the textures.

I think i understand what you mean... Right now i have it set up so whatever weapon you're carrying will show up in that spot. The problem is that if the pilot is carrying anything bigger than an M4, it will clip through the front glass. Pilots shouldn't carry anything bigger than that anyway, so i don't think it will be a real problem.

That is super badass/awesome. Great touch.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Just a quick progress update:

We've been testing the base helicopter model, fixing damage and collision issues. On top of that we've started to work on the flight model. We expect to get into guns in the next week or so.

On the art side, all of the models are pretty much done, now it's a matter of making the textures.

Please feel free to comment and share your ideas!

Enough talk. Here's a screenshot!

http://i.imgur.com/N0eiEFZ.jpg (421 kB)

Edited by sykoCrazy

Thanks!

Yeah the FLIR pod model will be in the final version for sure. The functionality is already in the current build, as well as the ability so see the FLIR feed on the MFDs.

The sharp nose one(AH-6i for military and MD-530F for civilian)is something that we've talked about, but not too committed to at the moment. I can see a PMC version, like Blackwater's little birds being a cool one to build. But it's just not in our plans at this point in time.

Man that chopper looks nice man, keep up the great work. And as expected, cannot wait until its out :)