diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird - WIP

Excellent use of the polys, looks like a lot more hipoly to me.

That's always good to hear! I plan on reducing the polycount further just to be on the safe side of performance issues since a lot of the good looks will depend on good texture work.

If you are searching for a nice add-on weapon,you need search no moreM;Armscore Mod has a great Gun Pod that they may be interrested to trade for some help with some problems they are having (don`t know this,but maybe).

They have the most impressive gun pod I`ve seen !

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/ARMSCorMod

You may get the addon you are looking fore from here!

What are the little screen on the Dash`made fore ?

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Are you planning a helicopter that could be used as a UBL,too?;)

That model looks amazing guys, thanks for the hard work!:cool: Any chance you will put out the original OH-6A?

If you are searching for a nice add-on weapon,you need search no moreM;Armscore Mod has a great Gun Pod that they may be interrested to trade for some help with some problems they are having (don`t know this,but maybe).

They have the most impressive gun pod I`ve seen !

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/ARMSCorMod

You may get the addon you are looking fore from here!

What are the little screen on the Dash`made fore ?

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Are you planning a helicopter that could be used as a UBL,too?;)

Thanks for the tip.

The screens are for the FLIR pod that will be used for lasing targets and guiding hellfires and other rockets.

---------- Post added at 04:59 ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 ----------

That model looks amazing guys, thanks for the hard work!:cool: Any chance you will put out the original OH-6A?

Thanks! I love the the Loach but the only interesting thing about it are the visuals. By comparison the OH-6 is less powerful and less resourceful than the MH-6M. So unless a lot of people show interest in it i don't see me modeling that beautiful little helicopter.

Thanks again!

C'mon!:D Doesn't get more beautiful that this...

OH-6A_restored_0.jpg

Would love this for UNSUNG / VTE style missions ;)

C'mon!:D Doesn't get more beautiful that this...

http://www.usmilitaryhelicopters.org/helicopterphotos/OH-6A_restored_0.jpg

Would love this for UNSUNG / VTE style missions ;)

Yeah i completely agree with you, but it's hard enough to set aside time to work on the mod as it is. In the future, if those vietnam conversion mods work out well, i'll be happy to make a Loach for the game.

Are you guys going to worry about flex rotor animations while in flight/spinning up on the ground? I only ask because, while they're neat, I haven't seen them implemented very well anywhere as of yet and almost feel that the vanilla rotor anims look better. The flex animations (Konyo's Chinook, Yura's UH/MH pack, etc) almost feel more like a novelty than something that's actually needed.

The Gunsight in the Huey actually works quite well,if gyros are used.We need stuff such as HMD and a AP with speed settings.The ability to throw stuff from the helicopter too,IR Strobes,grenades,Smoke.

Some way to locate SOS Beacons too.

Some way to add Gun Pods from Arming Menu.

Have you guys decided on a finalized loadout for the weapons yet?

I also want to agree with teddy, the ability to drop smoke grenades or flares out of the helicopter would be pretty neat for marking things.

Props on the model! My gosh this brings me back to the old days of Arma II. Can't wait to see how this one turns out sykoCrazy, I'll be sure to keep tabs on it :) I'm already drooling for testing.

Hey guys,

Quick(and long overdue) update on the mod. We haven't had much time to get things done, but i have done some tweaks to the model. These were mainly some huge errors with scale and proportion. I've also started working on some custom weapons models(rockets, rocket pods, gau-19, etc). Diesel has been busy with not getting kicked out of WOCS(he's doing pretty good at that so far), and should be back to help out in late January.

Anyway, here are a couple of screenshots.

e1FZVkN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wmPXrUg.jpg (119 kB)

---------- Post added at 06:48 ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 ----------

Are you guys going to worry about flex rotor animations while in flight/spinning up on the ground? I only ask because, while they're neat, I haven't seen them implemented very well anywhere as of yet and almost feel that the vanilla rotor anims look better. The flex animations (Konyo's Chinook, Yura's UH/MH pack, etc) almost feel more like a novelty than something that's actually needed.

While we would certainly love to work on that, it's not the level of detail we're aiming for. Plus, we've already gone way over our intended release date for the mod, adding more features to it would only push that date further back.

Take a look at

The Gunsight in the Huey actually works quite well,if gyros are used.We need stuff such as HMD and a AP with speed settings.The ability to throw stuff from the helicopter too,IR Strobes,grenades,Smoke.

Some way to locate SOS Beacons too.

Some way to add Gun Pods from Arming Menu.

I think the most we might do in terms of physical sights will be the grease pencil mark. The HMD is our safest bet at the moment though.

Yeah we've seen mods in the past the have given the option to throw stuff from the pilot seat, but we haven't really looked into it yet.

The idea that we have for the loadout menu is that the player will be able to completely customize the helicopter. You can remove the gun pods and add benches, converting the chopper from an AH to a MH, for example.

Have you guys decided on a finalized loadout for the weapons yet?

This is what we've narrowed it down to so far

Pilot guns:

M-134 Minigun

GAU-19

Hydra 70 (2 or 3 warheads)

CoPilot guns:

FLIR

Hellfire (2 or 3 variants)

DAGR (2 or 3 warheads)

We're debating lock-on modes for the guided rockets.

Thanks guys! Will be posting a new update next week hopefully with ingame footage :D

Great! Im really waiting for your mod. Keep it up!:yay: