diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird - WIP

Sure enough, they mention the ALQ on there. I do caution that what the PAO puts on a website may not match reality.

Regardless of whether it can fit, understand that its use isn't widespread, depending on the threat in theater, regardless of helicopter. It can actually be very detrimental depending on the weapon system being used by the enemy.

I understand. Once again, the 160th likes to experiment a lot and no one outside the unit knows for sure what they're using at any given moment. The idea is to provide the player with the option to choose what type of countermeasure they need via the loadout system. One that best fits the mission's challenges.

Edited by sykoCrazy

Having TOW and Stinger options would certainly be welcome. Hellfires are nice, but the manual guidance of a TOW tends to be more interesting from a gameplay standpoint. Stingers would allow for a nice, basic AA capability which could be quite a bit of fun as well.

Good luck on the mod - it'll be interesting to see the different takes on the AH-6 in Arma 3, as there are apparently at least three different groups working on such a project currently.

TOW would be really cool. Would love to see how it could be used in combat. Also the stingers are a nice idea, but another form of AA does get annoying when you have to dump two sets of flares to get one missile off of you, then your left with only another two-three sets(my own experience with the Ghosthawk). And this is the first I see of a project like this. Could you please post a link or send me a PM of the other two groups working on a project like this; I would really like to see where those are at as well.

PS: I don't know why I was so surprised to see Dslyecxi posting on this because your primary airframe is the littlebird from what I can tell from your videos. Love your videos and keep up the great work.

looking forward to release

When will this mod be released, I'm looking forward to it!

When it's done.

I understand. Once again, the 160th likes to experiment a lot and no one outside the unit knows for sure what they're using at any given moment. The idea is to provide the player with the option to choose what type of countermeasure they need via the loadout system. One that best fits the mission's challenges.

Options are always good, so I can certainly appreciate you giving us the player the ability to choose.

How do you plan to make the handling differ from the original AH-6 from A2? I mean handling in a very basic sense for now, like top speed/yaw rate/roll rate etc, although it is subject to change because of the HELO DLC, how is the first implementation going to handle?

Looking forward to this a lot, going to be interesting having a variety of H-6 platforms in A3 :)

This looks fantastic! Even more so since BI removed all the good features from the one that's in game at the moment

How do you plan to make the handling differ from the original AH-6 from A2? I mean handling in a very basic sense for now, like top speed/yaw rate/roll rate etc, although it is subject to change because of the HELO DLC, how is the first implementation going to handle?

Looking forward to this a lot, going to be interesting having a variety of H-6 platforms in A3 :)

When it comes to handling, our goal is to have it be somewhere between the A2 and A3 bird. Meaning that it'll be faster than the A2 helicopter and more maneuverable than the A3 one. When tweaking the flight model we look at video footage of the MD-530f and Boeing AH-6i since they have the most in common with the xH-6M. We obviously can't make it as agile as it is in real life because it would move so fast that it would be damn near impossible to fly it with keyboard+mouse(the most widely used input method in ArmA) and have fun at the same time.

We're gonna be sending out test versions to some members of the community that are more focused on helicopters and will offer good feedback for us to fine tune the flight model and other aspects of the mod before final release.

Thanks!

This looks fantastic! Even more so since BI removed all the good features from the one that's in game at the moment

Thank you! We'll be posting new screenshots of the model later this week.

Will there be doors and a civilian style skin for it as well?

I don't think this ever made it past a testing phase but this would probably be the coolest thing ever attached to a chopper in ArmA.

Any chance of making this happen? ;)

Will there be doors and a civilian style skin for it as well?

We might add doors to the 160th bird. We have plans of doing the MD-530F, to be used as PMC helicopter with custom cargo positions(example). But that's after we release the xh-6m and after we work on another vehicle mod that's yet to be announced. Stay tuned.

I don't think this ever made it past a testing phase but this would probably be the coolest thing ever attached to a chopper in ArmA.

Any chance of making this happen? ;)

Ah yes. We came across this when doing research on weapons systems. There was a lot of discussion on whether or not we should use it but we ultimately agreed on leaving it out. We imagine that it would be hard to provide accurate air support with the amount of recoil that you can see in the video. I really hope they figured out a way to add an effective 30mm cannon to the little bird. I'll keep looking for any clues of combat use.

Ah yes. We came across this when doing research on weapons systems. There was a lot of discussion on whether or not we should use it but we ultimately agreed on leaving it out. We imagine that it would be hard to provide accurate air support with the amount of recoil that you can see in the video. I really hope they figured out a way to add an effective 30mm cannon to the little bird. I'll keep looking for any clues of combat use.

That is a shame. I remember how crazy everyone was for the 20mm cannons on the Angry Bird when PRACS mod came out in ArmA 2.

That is a shame. I remember how crazy everyone was for the 20mm cannons on the Angry Bird when PRACS mod came out in ArmA 2.

Yeah i know. But you can still have fun with the GAU-19 and TOW launcher!

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Haven't had much time to actually work on the model, but this is what we have so far. Hope you guys like!

http://i.imgur.com/0LemPz1.jpg (267 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/wNtRgGS.jpg (221 kB)

Haven't had much time to actually work on the model, but this is what we have so far. Hope you guys like!

Outstanding. The quality of that model is of perfection. Keep it up.

Love the little details like the wires, cables, and that little monitor in the front. Looks great!

Wow, one of the most detailed vehicle models I've seen in ArmA. Just outstanding work, cannot wait to see this thing in action.

Holy Shit Some one Hire This Guy!!!!!!!

This looks pretty amazing. The support menu with the ability to change the configuration is incredibly appealing as well.

+1 internet points to you and your team.

Perfect, amazing, not many words to describe the feeling i get by looking at your work there lad

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! It's been very hard to set aside some time to work on this mod, kind of swamped with work at the moment. But i will do my best to get this done as soon as possible and keep the thread up to date.

Thanks again!

Outstanding! :clap:

Care to share the polycount?

Polycount will be a bit over 30k depending on the loadout that you choose. I read that Arma can't load in an LOD with over 30k(-ish) polys. But you can go around this issue by using proxies to load in different pieces of the model.

Polycount will be a bit over 30k depending on the loadout that you choose. I read that Arma can't load in an LOD with over 30k(-ish) polys. But you can go around this issue by using proxies to load in different pieces of the model.

Excellent use of the polys, looks like a lot more hipoly to me.