deltagamer

ChinookPack - Mod Release

Should I add ATGM to the ACH-47F or keep it to rockets and miniguns for the pilot?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should I add ATGM to the ACH-47F or keep it to rockets and miniguns for the pilot?

• Yes use ATGM!
    • No don't use ATGM!

nice!

Loving the trend of the new desert camo people are making now. Original OD is getting boring. :)

Hi mate, ive downloaded your mod with excitement of the British version, thanks for all your hard work.

A few things ive noticed though mate:

1) On start up the chopper slides & wont stay still. thats even with 1 tap of my engine on key mate.

2) i find it almost impossible to keep in a hover (that might be my skill though - might need more practice)

3) On coming in to land, low speed the chopper will drift loads (again that might be just me)

4) Once landed she drifts & wont stay still. Even when ive got my z key fully pressed. Its very hard then to land in tight places.

5) I couldnt walk in any bird. The only way i could get an option where to go was at the back of the bird & thats also with an empty bird.

6) With the tail gunner version, when i pick ride in back it only allows me to sit on the tail gate with the gunner!

Thanks again for all your hard work mate

@Pipyn1970 with 1) and 4) I've recently found the sliding issues as well and from my guess its something to do with changed values of the land contact between ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 i'll look into it more and get a fix as soon as I can, with 5) only the (ramp) and (unarmed) version are walkable with the pilot having the option to lower the ramp, I may change this to everyone inside and outside of the helicopter having this ability. As for 6) I added that in because it was cool but if enough people say they don't like it I will remove that feature. Finally 2) and 3) I haven't had any issues with flying, I've used the chinook since A2 OA and it has proven to be a great flyer, the flying is the same in A2 so there isn't any difference.

I placed all choppers down with ai crew so that's probably why I couldn't walk in. Just a suggestion, but how about having the choppers spawn with tail gate lowered as default so people could walk in before the bird takes off? As a UK clan I would only use the brit version, would it be possible to have a brit version of all the choppers later on please? The tail gunner is a nice feature & I'm sure many people (me included like it very much), the seat beside it I think might be better if taken away & the space used as walkable if that's even possible.

I've just retested your mod with a squad this time & I was sitting in the back as normal, while 1 of my AI automatically sat on the ramp. If you're keeping that seat then how about it only being used after all the other seats have been taken?

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for good MOD.

question,

How was the Sliding issue solved?

My MOD is troubled with the problem of the sliding, too

@kecharles28 thanks a lot!

@Heripai I'll pm you

So I'm working on a medical version of the chinook and I wasn't sure if a medical version would be armed with side gunners or not, if anyone knows if it is armed or not let me know please :)

Hello! Delta!

First me and my clan people really feel thx with ur addons. A lot!

And if its bot make ur feel so bad.. can I ask u a feature plan?

And I wanna know that u consider with porting MI-17 helicopter.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

*dont not bot

Sry for that

lol what?

acta13, if you have trouble with english I suggest you mark your country under location on your profile, so people understand why you might have trouble with speaking english. :)

And if its bot make ur feel so bad.. can I ask u a feature plan?

And I wanna know that u consider with porting MI-17 helicopter.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

*dont not bot

Sry for that

You clearly like the addon:)

Not sure about the rest, like "bot" and " dont not bot " :confused:.

@acta13 I'm glad you like it bud. As for the MI-17 I didn't have any plans on porting/working on any other helicopter apart from the chinook, but I see why you would want it, The MI-17 being similar to the CH47. I will consider doing more helicopters but in ArmA2 there were so many versions of the MI-17 so I'm unsure.

Just ran into this problem with the OTHER Chinook mod, and am about to try yours:

Can you jump out of this without killing yourself? Our clan needs a worthy Jump Platform.

Thank you for your hard work.

Other than not showing up in Zeus (because BIS is dumb and changed how it catalouges it's stuff for Zeus)(though I can see it just fine if I add these in via MCC); this mod is GREAT.

My only complaint is it seems the first "passenger" to Ride in Back on the Rammped versions sits on the tailgate, you can't choose to ride in the interior.

But thank you. This is a great mod, and since I did some testing tonight we'll try and use it as a clan on our next OP.

Thank you.

I actually have an update that has removed the passenger on the ramp that gets used on our server privately, I will consider releasing the update today :)

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

Updated! here's the download link

- v1.5

- Removed ramp passenger

- Added Olive/Desert camo by CptDavo

- Changed Bikey

- Changed Bisign

Edited by deltagamer

@Sonsalt6 Thanks for updating the six page :)

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

I should have mentioned this in the change log buts its a little late now. I made some changes to the ramp and unarmed versions, you can now open and close the rear ramp from the inside and outside now, and for those who like their aircraft spawning with the ramp down in their missions use this in the vehicle init.

this animate ["Ramp", 1];

Thanks for sending us the release:cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for doing that. I am not sure if you can affect the order the seats are filled when you enter.

I think the Ramp Passenger was cool, but only if the bird was stuffed, and someone HAD to sit there last (as a punishment).

Deltagamer

Thanks again for the changes you've made. We were talking as a clan, and about the only thing we're seeing that is missing (that other vehicles and mods have), is the ability to switch places once you're in. Often if I need to pop from the Co Pilot to rear gunner, or something I can.

This also would be a fine work around as I have seen the Pilot and Co Pilot can't eject. But if they had to move to a back position first, as they are going down, and then jump that make sense.

Not sure how easy a fix that might be; but like with the AAF chopper, and even the huge USAF planes, this is a standard feature.

Be well and keep up the good work.