Sign in to follow this  
thryckz

Better Arma 3 NVG's?

The NVG effect really pissed me off in Arma 2 and Arma 3. It looks entirely unrealistic and unprofessional. Is there a way to edit the color correction/curves/gamma/contrast through scripts? I would like to make the NVG's afterwards look like this.

I'm not asking for any code, I just need someone to point me to the commands.

My goal is to get something like this.

There's a way to achieve a pretty decent effect but there are a few things that get in the way:

The dynamic nature of the NVGs just isn't very smart. Like the HDR, it's pretty lacking. It never does the right thing. Being able to disable it would help a lot, making it a more manual adjustment process.

And if we had a way to access stuff like bloom and DoF and motion blur amounts specifically in NV mode as well as add (better) film grain we could get a decent effect.

This is what you can do by just changing settings, adding grain, and adjusting contrast with AGM:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/777183914860632929/DBE1A5B82DB59D8573E7B3B1F8453B9D859453B3/1024x576.resizedimage (105 kB)

Add some blur and it'd look pretty sweet. The only question is how to achieve that ONLY when NVGs are worn.