makhno

MAP FSF Dariyah Released

dude keep up the awesome work. I love these maps

pja306 will be released soon :)

pja306 will be released soon :)

Great !!! :)

Do you live in a special dimension where days are longer than 24h ? ;)

Loving the map. I love the vegetation in the desert. Reminds me of Aiktalik and ToraBora somehow. :)

Some roads and paths would be great between the villages

Best regards

Mag

Yeah, I think some real roads at least in/on or around the millitary bases would be cool, for quickly moving somthing like tanks or artillery to another part if you were doing base defense.

I am really liking those oil rigs. I think the villages should have some mosques though, it is supposed to be like Saudi Arabia right? If you know that kind of squarish mosque building,

its one of the niceest OA buildings in terms of quailty, there is one that is kind of rectangular with pillars in the front, and another smaller one to go with it that is squareish with a little dome on top, maybe place a few of those in some villages, or even one of those big Zargabad mosques with some walled fort type thing around it, I heard that Dariyah is known for its medevial arab forts or somthing.

Nice work.

I agree, i know you mention the roads may or may not be implemented but i would at least like to see some dirt roads please? Thanks again

Any chance you would release this mod without dependency of ArmA 3 MP, so you include the files you need for the buildings in the addon?

I also wonder when A3-specific maps would be the norm (without A3MP the maps would look like Greek islands!). You tend to lament the lack of variety on the landscapes and structures. Looking at budget games like Sniper Ghost Warrior it has superior urban design. Maybe in Arma 5 map designers will have more interesting assets to work with :p

Edited by Pulstar

So, where exactly is this map based in? It looks middle east, and then there is jungles, lol.

love your work,great job on this map, how about mayby updating your other maps (koplic) but still epic job to give us more maps to fight on. anyway keep them coming ;)

So, where exactly is this map based in? It looks middle east, and then there is jungles, lol.

Google tells me it's (24.7333° N, 46.5756° E), but it looks more like the desert(s) of the Maghreb, but with more orange in them.

The area i used for the elevations data, and the satelite image is west of Dariyah (Saoudi Arabia). The town of Dariyah would be just off map, east.

In reality it's an almost completely barren area ( So it looks on the photos).

But it would be just no fun to play with the blind AI we have in A3.

The aim is to have a desertic themed environment that can represent a variety of places, and firstly that is interesting to play. Not to model precisely a real area.

I've been working on the cnfig this week end (on N'ziwasogo, cause I'm curently replacing A2 street lanps withe A3 ones on that terrain) and indeed, taking Altis's config File as reference, there's a big difference in lighting compared to the current ones.

I'll do the same for Dariyah asap.

Thanks for doing this updating Makhno. You are certainly talented at putting a detailed map together.

Awesome news about the lighting config for this and N'ziwasago Makhno, can't wait to play decent night missions on these great maps.

Some areas remind me of Far Cry 2.

I'm excited to see how it plays.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Makhno, great map, nice place for use mod as African Conflict or Caf Agressors Pirates. I think map its amazing but orange of sand at desert places its too striking. I think its better use light brown for these texture. I confirm night vision works properly now.

Thanks Makhno, great map, nice place for use mod as African Conflict or Caf Agressors Pirates.

ESUSSanchez, shall I advise you to test the FSF Ennemies mod. Produced by the same clan, it will give you hispanic, asian and african flavoured OPFOR.