Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Charles

World Cup 2014

Once again, a very doubtful penalty. It's amazing that FIFA doesn't understand that video recording and arbitrage is absolutely necessary for such major décisions. It works a treat for Rugby, there isn't any reasonable reason that it can't work for Football.

https://vine.co/v/MFgBWT7j03K

Well it does not look that doubtful now, but during the match it was pretty unclear youre right. I also think Robben did everything to get that penalty. Still it was ok here. You have to remember that the referee did not see a penalty in the first half, which was there, when two Mexican defenders hit Robben's feet instead of the ball bringing his attack to a halt.

It maybe also just me, Im a bit biased towards Holland.

https://vine.co/v/MFgBWT7j03K

Well it does not look that doubtful now, but during the match it was pretty unclear youre right. I also think Robben did everything to get that penalty. Still it was ok here. You have to remember that the referee did not see a penalty in the first half, which was there, when two Mexican defenders hit Robben's feet instead of the ball bringing his attack to a halt.

It maybe also just me, Im a bit biased towards Holland.

I agree. Even taking his general tendency for falling into account, I guess he really wanted to make sure getting the penalty after the situation in the first half.

Spoke too soon :)

Qualified countries by zones (for quarter finals) :

CAF (Africa) : Nigeria, Algeria. 0/2 (0%)

CONMEBOL : Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay. 3/5 (60%)

CONCACAF : Costa Rica, Mexico, USA. 1/3 (33%)

UEFA : Germany, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Swizterland,Greece. 4/6 (67%)

Can't watch a game like that anymore, Howard stopped nearly 30 shots! I'm glad we pass, now everything is a bonus.

Awesome game there USA put in a great deal of effort. Belgium Argentina should be good. Hopefully lines up toward the final I would like to see, Argentina Vs Germany.

We went out on our shields, and they played the game of their lives at the end. Also, the final tally was 16 goals blocked, not 30. ;)

hm...i bet half finals is Netherlands vs. Belgium and Brazil vs. Germany

Now what to do with my free time till the quarters..

Aaaaand the day has arrived.

Germany vs. France should be very interesting. France is not one of those "we always stay in the defensive" teams.

Germany vs. France? I have a gut feeling on how this one will turn out... ;)

Yeah, the last two times we met Germany in WC ('82 and '86), Germany won, and obviously Germany is (as usual) one of the favorites in this WC. But our young and inexperienced team usually likes the challenger role.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Wuarrgh!

EDIT: wow, I was drunk...

Edited by MadDogX

Close game good to watch. Surprised Germany have not used Podolski yet, great finisher I would think he would of buried those two chances schurrle had.

This match is god awful. Thank god theres a bunch of hurling on this weekend so I can watch a decent ball game.

And then david Luiz steps up, take a bow son!