Sign in to follow this  
FrankManic

Help with IED that is manually detonated

I would like to create an "IED" that detonates when 1. Blufor is present in the target area AND 2. an Opfor unit named SPOTTER is alive.

Basically - I want to have a remotely triggered IED that is being watched by a spotter. If the players kill the spotter then any bombs he "controls" are no longer a threat.

So far I haven't quite been able to get it to work. I've been trying "this AND alive SPOTTER" in the condition field of a trigger with the usual "bomb="M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle (getPos IED); deletevehicle IED;" in the On Activation field. Unfortunately this causes the bomb to go off immediately when the mission load. I'm not sure how to restrict the trigger to go off only when "alive SPOTTER" AND "Blufor Present" are true.

Could someone help me figure this out? I'm sure there's a simple answer, but after an hour of paging through different threads about IEDs and bombs I can't find it. : (

If someone can help me get it working I'd also like to try to use it to make a poor-man's disarmable IED by switching the "SPOTTER" unit for a live mine of some kind. The intent would be that the mine would show up on a mine detector and could be removed normally, but if it detonated it would also set off the IED. If anyone has other suggestions for creative triggers for IEDs that players have a reasonable chance of locating and either avoiding or disarming I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

I suggest just double checking your settings and units, and make sure that you aren't spawning BLUFOR in the zone and that the settings do actually indicate Activate when BLUFOR is Present only Once.

About disarming the mine, I'm not exactly sure how that works. My guess is that a disarmed mine is simple deleteVehicle'd, or perhaps Killed. Unless you can find a command that detects whether a mine is armed or disarmed (which I've never seen), I would try to waitUntil the mine isNull or !alive. One of those should work.