Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Chernarus as error-free vanilla addon/DLC for Arma 3

It really would be great to have an official BIS-released vanilla addon or DLC of Chernarus for Arma 3. I know, there are methods to implement Chernarus and even Chernarus+ into Arma 3. But it is always connected with issues, flaws and error messages (before game start, in menu, in editor, in preview, script errors).

I would even PAY for an A3 Chernarus DLC (though I own the preorder supporter editon of A3). Just the pure landscape, A2 weapons and vehicles don't have to be included (though it would be great). Nothing would have to be improved ('old' textures and such).

Chernarus is one of the most beautiful and amazing landscapes ever created. It should be taken over and made be playable without any errors. No, I am not beating down on Karts, but imho most players should be happier about a flawless and inherently supported vanilla Chernarus (and Utes) than about those Karts.

Not happening -- BI released the Arma 2 sources (including those for Chernarus) specifically because Maruk said that they weren't going to do any such official port, and while BI has confirmed that there will be a new terrain eventually for Arma 3, it specifically would be different from Chernarus (and Takistan).

Yea I think I'd rather let them work on new successor to chernarus than endlessly port something over

Cherna is awful anyway. it's only good for large scale battles, but Arma sucks at vehicular combat. I'll take any island where all buildings are enterable over Chernarus

Cherna is awful anyway. it's only good for large scale battles, but Arma sucks at vehicular combat. I'll take any island where all buildings are enterable over Chernarus

We can expect to get another great map with all enterable buildings in the new Terrain mentioned for the Expansion DLC. So recycling Cherno is already confirmed a dead deal, hence why they let the community port it over like... 17 times already.

the real question is, i we get our hands on the dayZ stand alone version at some point. i can wait but i'd love some kind of merging patch that allows at least the usage of the terrain. a little bit liek the take on helos merge patch.

the real question is, i we get our hands on the dayZ stand alone version at some point. i can wait but i'd love some kind of merging patch that allows at least the usage of the terrain. a little bit liek the take on helos merge patch.

1+......

More to the point -- Chernarus-from-A2 can be an error-free addon, but Maruk-speaking-for-BI flat-out refused to take on the burden thereof.

im pretty sure you can already run chernarus plus on arma 3 :bounce3:

I can olny hope the new island will have river's ,bridges you can fly under and big city's ... oh and a useful lake:bounce3:

IMO the best solution and efficient, would be or to adapt DayZ Chernarus + to A3 ( which shouldn't take much long ) or create the other part of Chernarus with the new features of A3 and using all the new buildings of DayZ ( would take a bit longer ).

Either way, could be added as a payed DLC or maybe as a part in one of the already announced payed DLC ( helos or marks ). It would bring a new terrain adding new possibilities without as much effort as create a whole new terrain.

Basically it would be WIN - WIN, BI earn more money and the players get an awesome map.

I'll take any island where all buildings are enterable over Chernarus

In Chernarus + almost all the buildings are enterable.

im pretty sure you can already run chernarus plus on arma 3 :bounce3:

I've a friend of a friend of a friend, who managed to get it work almost flawlessly ( AI working perfectly, the menu appearing after death, etc. ).

That would be another good solution, it was even done with Iron Front that was not owned by BI. IMO would be great if BI allowed DayZ SS owners to have a patch to make DayZ SS map compatible with Arma 3.

BI wouldn't have to do a thing. They would earn more money, because would be another incentive to buy Day Z.

And would be the community the ones who would take care of keeping it updated and working.

Edited by MistyRonin

I don't think BIS can stop you from doing it now if you own both games. if you can make it happen, for personal use (or someone else can make it for you).

Don't All in Arma let you use material from all games using the Real virtuality engine?....wouldn't it let you use stuff from Dayz SA if you have it?

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

Here is a dude using Chernarus + in a3

---------- Post added at 09:21 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuhfZZBSWAo

Another one teaching how to

OP you mentioned error free cherno,

I have it downloaded with A3MP,and i get errors when loading editor.

My question is,whats so wrong with the errors?Do they significantly effect the game somehow?(with logs off)

Sorry if im missing something,i just dont see the real problem but would like to know:)

MP can be much more fragile than just porting something quick and dirty for testing. and also sice this is officially not allowed, an official version would allow this to be played on public dedis.

MP can be much more fragile than just porting something quick and dirty for testing. and also sice this is officially not allowed, an official version would allow this to be played on public dedis.

I couldn't say it better. +1

And the best is that would skyrocket the sells of DayZ SS.

Edited by MistyRonin

Chernarus is amazing. Shame that the moded one in Arma 3 has such awful LOD problems.