Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Weapon recoild camera shake mod

Yes this works in third person. As for a2, it is perhaps possible but it would be tougher to do because A2 doesnt have camera shake built in

Hehe, it's a shame that this doesn't seem to work with addons, 'cause it's pretty fun to use.

I wouldn't be able to do ever single weapon that was released, but I could at least do the bigger packs. Requests?

You should do the RHS Russian forces and American forces which are big packs that are going to be released. I suggest that you try to come up with a system, that takes the recoil value of a weapon and generates a shake amount, then we can just have a slider for the "scale" of shake we want, and it globally reduces/makes larger the shake. Ideally you can do that with every gun, its just that its not a bad idea to use the current system, but because arma 3 is like 9429043243204902392304 addons vs arma 2 where everyone had a few, ACE, a few others etc, doing it for every addon you want it applied for might end up being a hassle.

Hehe, it's a shame that this doesn't seem to work with addons, 'cause it's pretty fun to use.

It works if the mod inherits from preexisting ammo types.

EDIT: Could apply some generic shake to 'bulletbase' as most mods will at least inherit from that (if not the maker should get a stern talking to)

I threw together a scripted system, and it looks promising. It can generate nice values based on any weapon you are using and should be fairly streamlined. I'll look into an A2 version as well, I did have camera shake working back in Arma1.

that's great news. i guess it's better anyways to use caliber or something instead of doing each weapon separatly.

i have one question. do you do a single move per shot or is it just general shake/vibration?

do you do a single move per shot or is it just general shake/vibration?
Not sure what you mean

New version released

----------------------

Increased pistol shake

reduced sway in launcher aiming

Reduced launcher to rifle switching time, they seemed slow compared to everything else.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I threw together a scripted system, and it looks promising. It can generate nice values based on any weapon you are using and should be fairly streamlined. I'll look into an A2 version as well, I did have camera shake working back in Arma1.

Nice. Maybe we'll be getting a ARMA 2 version after all :yay:

My favorite mod!! Broke for me in 1.26 !!!! :( :( :butbut:

Edit: Just doesnt work in Recruit difficulty.

Edited by skatardude10

What's the current status of this mod? It works for all vanilla guns, but only some modded guns seem to work - for example, the RH pistols don't work. Was the scripted system ever added?

Edited by SSD

What's the current status of this mod? It works for all vanilla guns, but only some modded guns seem to work - for example, the RH pistols don't work. Was the scripted system ever added?

I'd also like to know this, thanks.